• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
I've never been able to put that message in useful context. "You're enough", most of life tells me otherwise.

Are you not evaluated in school on your performance? And if you do not do well there may be consequences, from the school, from your own parents, from the overall system. Do the folks under insane pressure they're under in South Korea feel enough?

Are you not evaluated socially, and if you're not something enough, whether that's fun enough, or positive enough, or useful enough, people don't care to talk to you anymore?

Same for jobs, same for interviews. Without these, you can go destitute, homeless.

I've certainly been told when I have spoken about my problems in the past that I wasn't doing enough, wasn't working hard enough. I would get comments on my living situation, that wasn't enough, either.

No, I'm most certainly not enough, not for this society. The idea that I may be enough in some highly abstract sense is of little comfort.

---

I find it to be a cruel trick of society. There's a lot of things to do and stay on top of to survive, a lot of your life is determined by the thoughts of others, but when it gets down to it, when some people don't make it, don't fit, fall through the cracks, society turns on them and tells them it all comes from within and they should be completely fine with the mounds of negative messaging they've been getting their whole life.