C

Cheffo

Sep 23, 2023
There are 195 countries in the world (thanks Alexa).

All these countries have veterinarians. They have to euthanize and anethsitize animals. Do they use pentobarbitol (Nembutal)? I would think many/most/all do.

All I hear about is Mexico, but what about the other 194 countries. What about NIgeria, Cambodia, Viet Nam, Lebanon, Belize? Any members from Africa, Asia or the Middle East? Poland?

Can anyone at least tell us if they tried and failed. If N is banned altogether?

That might be a good start, just getting a list of where it is used. Then how strict the laws are. Heck, what about Afghanistan? One would think you could get anything there, but who knows.

Any reports or info would be helpful. Just by talking to a vet you could probably get a feel for the situation.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
"Countries in Europe, Africa, and South America have long been using alternatives such as T-61 and KCl due to the availability, low cost, and less-stringent reporting requirements than those required for pentobarbital."

There was a shortage during the COVID pandemic which never had its reason disclosed. Manufacturers are currently working to restore operations and improve the supply chain.

Seems like it wasn't all that popular in every country because of cost.

"T-61 is a non-controlled substance approved for use in euthanasia by Health Canada's Veterinary Drugs Directorate. It is administered via intravenous injection and causes death by respiratory depression and muscular paralysis, leading to cardiac arrest. It fell out of favor as a preferred drug due to the active signs of death shown by the animal and the requirement for patient unconsciousness before administration."

"KCl administration requires patient unconsciousness before the injection begins. Medical grade KCl solution is more costly and requires a larger volume to cause death.KCl can lead to muscle fasciculations and agonal breathing in patients."

Went off on a tangent here but thought it'd be interesting for people to read.

• Informative
Reactions: Esokabat, Skathon, darkenmydoorstep and 3 others
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
If you're willing to travel to Afghanistan, you might have better luck getting the Taliban to kill you. I'm sure they'd lend a hand.

• Yay!
Reactions: Glandular, Praestat_Mori, aleph_zero and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If you're willing to travel to Afghanistan, you might have better luck getting the Taliban to kill you. I'm sure they'd lend a hand.
Beheading is fairly failure proof as well!

Reactions: Skathon, Foreverix and Praestat_Mori
B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
just showing up in Afg like "I'm here for the N bang" and they just look at you like "ok, we have one who wants to die here"

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Cheffo and Foreverix
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
The only countries I've heard that currently have it available OTC are Mexico, Bolivia, Peru and Brazil. Reportedly it was previously available in Thailand and other Asian countries as well.

Of course Switzerland has it available at assisted dying clinics, and very, very occasionally, the United States uses it for lethal injection.

And then one has to take into consideration all the unreported people across the planet that went to Mexico to buy N, and then successfully manage to bring it back into their home country and keep it there. (The U.S., England, France, New Zealand, Spain, St. Helena Island, etc.)

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon and Foreverix
C

Cheffo

Sep 23, 2023
The only countries I've heard that currently have it available OTC are Mexico, Bolivia, Peru and Brazil. Reportedly it was previously available in Thailand and other Asian countries as well.

Of course Switzerland has it available at assisted dying clinics, and very, very occasionally, the United States uses it for lethal injection.

And then one has to take into consideration all the unreported people across the planet that went to Mexico to buy N, and then successfully manage to bring it back into their home country and keep it there. (The U.S., England, France, New Zealand, Spain, St. Helena Island, etc.)
I wonder if these countries keep getting new supplies or not. I know here in Texas by law animal euthanasia must be done by pentobarbitol.
So i't still being manufactured, so probably they are still getting it.
"Countries in Europe, Africa, and South America have long been using alternatives such as T-61 and KCl due to the availability, low cost, and less-stringent reporting requirements than those required for pentobarbital."

There was a shortage during the COVID pandemic which never had its reason disclosed. Manufacturers are currently working to restore operations and improve the supply chain.

Seems like it wasn't all that popular in every country because of cost.

"T-61 is a non-controlled substance approved for use in euthanasia by Health Canada's Veterinary Drugs Directorate. It is administered via intravenous injection and causes death by respiratory depression and muscular paralysis, leading to cardiac arrest. It fell out of favor as a preferred drug due to the active signs of death shown by the animal and the requirement for patient unconsciousness before administration."

"KCl administration requires patient unconsciousness before the injection begins. Medical grade KCl solution is more costly and requires a larger volume to cause death.KCl can lead to muscle fasciculations and agonal breathing in patients."

Went off on a tangent here but thought it'd be interesting for people to read.
I have a friend in Nigeria, maybe I will check with him.

Reactions: fwompie
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
It still exists and in Denmark a company still makes them. Of course its being sent to prisons and medical facilities along with Cyanide pills being made too. It's just difficult ASF to get them, you would have to do intensive search.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon and fwompie
S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023

In Brazil it is almost impossible to obtain N

C

Cheffo

Sep 23, 2023
In Brazil it is almost impossible to obtain N
Are you in Brazil? Do the vets use it? I was told in Mexico now they send people to watch the vet Euthanize the animal.

How much freedom to vets have there? How much would it take to look the other way?
just showing up in Afg like "I'm here for the N bang" and they just look at you like "ok, we have one who wants to die here"
I know it sounds funny, but I would go almost anywhere. Of course a place like that they probably use a rifle. It might make more sense to get morphine there.

What a world, rooting for the cartels and the mafia and China. C'mon China, start those labs up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bacon and Baseball
A

Avisagia

Aug 27, 2023
There is N available in Peru as the form of Halatal. its alsi written in the PPH

Reactions: Cheffo
12_Years_Late

12_Years_Late

“May it please you.” — Ben Pollack
Jun 19, 2023
There is N available in Peru as the form of Halatal. its alsi written in the PPH
Yes, as a 50 mL version sold by Montana Pharmaceuticals. They also sell "Halatal KT" which is ketamine instead, and is not suitable for CTB. Do not confuse the two.

Reactions: Cheffo