Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
No. That's not what I implied at all. I implied that they themselves are an anti-choicer and they (the OP) are standing up for their fellow anti-choicers by targeting these so-called "Chads" for attacking the pro-life brethren. I never said that there weren't any pro-lifers on this site.
@Larysa has been nothing but kind and supportive on my behalf. When I failed and decided to recover rather than attempt again, she was on my side. In no way did she condescend or use pro-life rhetoric in my goodbye thread. She has actually been an excellent listener and very helpful. I felt very understood by her, which I usually don't by pro-lifers as they are there to push an agenda rather than offer compassion.

I agree she does not have an evidence to support her claim, and that she cannot provide any isn't helping her argument. However, the burden on you is to prove she is a pro-lifer. I disagree with her position as well, but where's your evidence that her stance makes her a pro-lifer?

• Hugs
Reactions: AlouA
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Damn, had to unlike OP just so I could like it all over again

Were you a friend of Kerrtu's John? I feel like I remember your name from her sort-of-goodbye-thread?

I was so lucky to talk to her in my first weeks here. 💜

This thread has revealed the irrational, flailing shite side of the forum, although it's actually just a couple of posters and a straw man, it's been unpleasant.

In no way did she condescend or use pro-life rhetoric in my goodbye thread. She has actually been an excellent listener and very helpful. I felt very understood by her, which I usually don't by pro-lifers as they are there to push an agenda rather than offer compassion.

Possibly because I'm not a fucking pro-lifer?

I agree she does not have an evidence to support her claim, and that she cannot provide any isn't helping her argument.

I clearly stated that I am not linking to any individual posts because I am not in the business of targeting people, even if I don't like their behaviour. Why the everlasting fuck would I make this up? Oh yes, some kind of pro-life double bluff. Sure, sure. (Am not engaging with that locked and loaded person, I'm just backing away slowly…)

Absolutely nothing I'm objecting to was posted in response to toxic positivity. As I said, I started this thread in concern at how desperate people were being undermined.

Anyway, this place is now a net negative in my life. So off I fuck.

(I unfollowed this thread, and still I woke up to notifications 🤯)

Last edited:
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
For clarity: I have now asked to be banned.

• Aww..
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Possibly because I'm not a fucking pro-lifer?
When did I say or imply that you were?

I clearly stated that I am not linking to any individual posts because I am not in the business of targeting people, even if I don't like their behaviour. Why the everlasting fuck would I make this up?

I personally think that's a reasonable and respectable choice. People aren't saying you are making this up. Even if you have evidence (I said you weren't providing it. I never said you didn't have any), because you're not sharing it, your claims cannot be substantiated. You could be right. You could be wrong. However, we're never going to know.

I personally have never seen any evidence of what you're describing. Maybe it's happening and I haven't seen it yet. Maybe you are misinterpreting what you're reading. That doesn't mean you're making it up. It just means you were reading into things that weren't there. Again, without quotes, it's impossible to know, so we're all just grasping at straws here.

Oh yes, some kind of pro-life double bluff. Sure, sure.

You're misunderstanding my arguments.

I was defending you. I was disagreeing with @locked*n*loaded and pointing out that they lack evidence to support their position that you are a pro-lifer. That's a baseless assertion. I was citing your responses in my goodbye thread as evidence that you are not a pro-lifer.

Absolutely nothing I'm objecting to was posted in response to toxic positivity.

There is a lot of toxic positivity from pro-lifers, so it makes sense that people here are very wary of seemingly positive posts that turn out to be pro-life propaganda. Usually these posts are absolutely just that if you dig a little deeper.

I'm trying to point out that what you may see as a pro-lifer witch hunt is merely people pointing out pro-life dog whistles or implications. I didn't make it clear that this was my point however. I should have elaborated my original post better.
As I said, I started this thread in concern at how desperate people were being undermined.

If this is really happening, I support your crusade. However, I have not witnessed this firsthand. It's possible I'm wrong. I'd have to investigate this further and find evidence myself to really be sure. @lopsidedcrawdad1 claimed this happened in their sn thread. I'll have to read it so I can see it for myself.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. I understand you are not providing any direct quotes because you don't want to single people out. Do you have any more examples of this so called phenomenon? None of the examples you cited are relevant to your claim. It's possible I'm misunderstanding you.
Have a problem that Chad doesn't immediately understand? You'll be challenged on your intentions.

That's a pretty bold claim. Can you provide a specific example?

Planning to take SN but worried about being overheard as no choice but to do it at home? Apparently your concerns are "weird". Strong implication that you're aiming to fail.

One poster was even told they weren't "eloquent" enough to be over 18. 🙄

I agree that this sort of behavior should be reported. I just don't understand why you're describing this as a pro-lifer witch hunt. This sounds more like bullying to me.

Again, if you're willing to provide actual examples of this supposed witch hunt, I'm all ears. I just haven't seen any yet. And since I haven't, I see no reason to believe this is actually occurring. I'm open to the possibility, but I'm yet to be convinced.

For clarity: I have now asked to be banned.
That's a shame. I'll miss you. I was being sincere when I said I appreciated your input on my goodbye thread.

I personally think you are detecting hostility that simply isn't there. However I think stepping away from this site is a good idea. It appears to be riling you up in an unhealthy way.

Goodbye Layrsa. Wishing you greener pastures and more productive outlets.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
She did the right thing. If you can't take the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Reactions: Cloud Busting
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
Were you a friend of Kerrtu's John? I feel like I remember your name from her sort-of-goodbye-thread?

I was so lucky to talk to her in my first weeks here. 💜
Hey, sorry I'm just now responding to this. Yes I'm lucky to say Kerrtu was a friend of mine here. We started interacting on the forums soon after I joined and over the last month or two we'd really gotten to know more about one another and clicked over common interest. Kerrtu was really kind and funny and, I have to say, had lived a really interesting life. I wish I had gotten to say a proper goodbye. Unfortunately that is how it sometimes goes around here.

• Hugs
Reactions: corazon
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
Eek, just got back on sasu & saw the OP self-banned. fwiw, I obviously handled the situation absurdly. Fucked up the simple goal of finding evidence for people treated like shit. @lopsidedcrawdad1's goodbye thread was one clear example; not a good last look at the universe

There's excuses. (Like I just woke up & was pinged for lots of info irl. Then for some reason felt disrespected in this thread.) But mainly I posted unconsciously rather than consciously. Durr

Don't feel a burning desire to apologize to the OP. But my apologies to everyone else for pointlessly eating some of their limited lifespans. Double apologies to anyone the OP supported here. Will improve

Last edited:
Reactions: olearius