C

CharizardEX

Oct 15, 2023
Hello, I'm looking for the name of the plastic tubing that would be standard for nitrogen gas cylinders. I'm going to get a 20 cu ft tank and probably try the hood method as I'm not sure how to connect an eebd hood to the tubing.

WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
gasmonkey on this site is the person to ask about this.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Hello, I'm looking for the name of the plastic tubing that would be standard for nitrogen gas cylinders

This would be relatively easy to find, however

connect an eebd hood to the tubing.

is not so straightforwarded.
It depends on the type of EEBD hood.
I myself am trying to figure out how to connect my hood without having to modify the hose.

You can try looking through this thread. Most of the information about the inert gas method can be found there.

K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
Hello, I'm looking for the name of the plastic tubing that would be standard for nitrogen gas cylinders. I'm going to get a 20 cu ft tank and probably try the hood method as I'm not sure how to connect an eebd hood to the tubing.
what hood did you buy? (Yellow-china or Draeger)
This would be relatively easy to find, however

is not so straightforwarded.
It depends on the type of EEBD hood.
I myself am trying to figure out how to connect my hood without having to modify the hose.

You can try looking through this thread. Most of the information about the inert gas method can be found there.
Modifying the tube is straightforward. If you can repair a garden hose then this is a breeze.

Last edited:
C

CharizardEX

Oct 15, 2023
what hood did you buy? (Yellow-china or Draeger)

Modifying the tube is straightforward. If you can repair a garden hose then this is a breeze.
I was thinking of getting a Draeger hood, do you know of any guides that show you how to connect a hood to the regulator?

F

Falling Slowly

Student
Sep 9, 2023
I was thinking of getting a Draeger hood, do you know of any guides that show you how to connect a hood to the regulator?

Some people said they had issues with the Draeger PSS hood exhalation valve.

Look at the inert gas megathread here , to see how k1w1 did his hose. Like I said before, just buy a hood with the hose already attached. Then you attach the hose directly to the regulator, if the hose is long enough. If it's not long enough, just extend it like k1w1 did. @Vizzy also did a hose extension guide.

Reactions: CharizardEX and k1w1
K

k1w1

Experienced
Feb 16, 2022
Some people said they had issues with the Draeger PSS hood exhalation valve.

Look at the inert gas megathread here , to see how k1w1 did his hose. Like I said before, just buy a hood with the hose already attached. Then you attach the hose directly to the regulator, if the hose is long enough. If it's not long enough, just extend it like k1w1 did. @Vizzy also did a hose extension guide.
Yes, Im hearing of problems with just some Draeger models, not all of them. The Chinese hoods are actually well made & can be bought as a standalone component for less than the price of postage.

Reactions: CharizardEX