• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Deleted-User-0

Deleted-User-0

Experienced
Jan 30, 2020
I also thought that I might be complicating things. The full face mask has the advantage that it can hardly be dislocated on the face and removed, since it is held tightly around the head. It needs a certain level of consciousness to remove it. It does not get sucked in the mouth while breathing, like a bag.
The only issue is that it has more seals around the face and so more points where air can leak inside. If it was not too uncomfortable, using a full-face mask in a bath tub full of water would be the most reliable method.

Good that we have the same opinion. I was confident that a deep-diver would know this better.
Which kind of mask did you try? I suppose that expensive deep-diving full-face masks do not have such problems and the seals around the face are much better. They cannot allow any risk of water slipping inside the mask

I used a relatively expensive full face diving mask and I was amazed to realise how air was still was getting in. Welding, high pressurised tanks etc are a subject you can get a PhD on one should use KISS principle "keep it simple, stupid" to avoid a bigger disaster i.e getting brain damage and living a veg life 100 times worse than the current life you intend to get rid of.
I might sound harsh but one should stay well away from an unproven fancy method such as using a mask due to great deal of technicality involved.

M

My_name_is_Luka

Experienced
Apr 28, 2020
I've been thinking that there might be an easy method to fill the gaps between the mask and the face. There are plenty of soft and sticky materials that can be placed either between the mask and the skin, or all around the seals. One material that I thought of is the one that is commonly called "slime", but many others can be found as recreational materials for kids. They can be easily deformed by pressure and fill all the gaps, without sticking permanently on the skin. There are some methods that have been proposed on the forum which rely on the use of the mask and so closing the seals is very important. One of these is the re-breather.

Reactions: Greenberg
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I agree with the statement: keep it simple. As highlighted by another poster, the non-rebreather mask (NBR) is more than sufficient. It is economical ($10) and proven effective in medical applications (with oxygen). An NBR generally provides gas concentrations of 80% and up. After a couple of breaths of nitrogen, unconsciousness ensures.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If keeping out all oxygen is so important, how is it using a plastic bag over the head works? Does it form an airtight seal around the neck?

Also what about the exhaled breath? It would contain carbon dioxide which immediately makes one take off the bag from the head, or the mask. Where does the exhaled breath go when you are wearing an airtight mask?

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Gases will be expelled from the gaps
So why are people going to use a mask and get it airtight? And what about the exhaled breaths, they escape how? It sounds like it might also be tricky to get the regulator just right so you don't have too much gas blowing in possibly creating leaks due to positive pressure in the mask?

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
The idea is to have the mask as airtight as positive. Exhaled gases are released via a one-way valve. As more nitrogen enters the mask, the breathable atmosphere becomes increasingly nitrogen saturated.

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I agree with the statement: keep it simple. As highlighted by another poster, the non-rebreather mask (NBR) is more than sufficient. It is economical ($10) and proven effective in medical applications (with oxygen). An NBR generally provides gas concentrations of 80% and up. After a couple of breaths of nitrogen, unconsciousness ensures.
For those interested, I have posted a diagram of the fluid dynamics of the NBR on my blog. PM me if you need the weblink.

Greenberg

Greenberg

Jun 28, 2020
I just PM'd you as I cannot post web links on this site.

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
Where do you get a regulator?

Same place you get the nitrogen, welding supply stores and other places. Just do a search for it in your area. It's used or many purposes. Getting it could be a problem for those with limited mobilty tho. I don't know if you can have it delivered. Maybe.

"...does not get sucked in the mouth while breathing, like a bag."

I've read the suggestions of wearing a baseball cap and/or a dust mask to keep the bag off your face and out of your mouth.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Only problem i have is how tight should the bag be?
I have some huge clear plastic bags. I can fit the entire upper half of my body in one. I put one over my head to test what would happen and within less than a minute pulled it off due to breathing in carbon dioxide I had exhaled. I can't imagine how this works. I have just seen one person recently who used this method and would have liked to see it in use.

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
It leaves the regulator. Just imagine scuba diving - the bubbles that come out are expired air.
Im confused isnt the regulator just the part that regulates the air into the mask at a certain speed? How does expired air exit the regulator?

• Love
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
No a scuba regulator is a combination pressure and flow regulator. It is a complicated series of valves that allows air to come in when you inhale, expired gas to leave when you exhale, prevent water from entering in either event, and prevents the constant inflow of high pressure gas, which would destroy your lungs.

Reactions: Disappointered
D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
I'm a deep diver in real life. As you mentioned mask's performance is completely different under water pressure.
To begin with I bought a mask to try the method and I cane across multiple issues biggest one being poor sealing and air flowing in even when my beard was fully shaved. I immediately knew this is very risky. Bag is simple, reliable and has been used for decades if one puts enough research into it to minimise the risks.
But now you decided to go with the scuba diving mask no? What mask brand did you order?
No a scuba regulator is a combination pressure and flow regulator. It is a complicated series of valves that allows air to come in when you inhale, expired gas to leave when you exhale, prevent water from entering in either event, and prevents the constant inflow of high pressure gas, which would destroy your lungs.
So if we decide to use the scuba diving mask, we must also order a scuba regulator or would it come with the mask?
For those interested, I have posted a diagram of the fluid dynamics of the NBR on my blog. PM me if you need the weblink.
But the problem is that the NBR would cause leaks

Last edited:
  • Love