O

odazai

Aug 23, 2023
Hi
I bought sn and hadn't opened it yet
But I have to test it and I heard that sodium nitrite would turn in into nitrate near air
Is it right?
How should I test it ?
I'm gonna ctb next mand I want to be sure it's real

toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
You can open it to test, just remove the amount you need and then seal it back up very well. Mine came in a bottle. I removed some for testing then closed the bottle, wrapped it in saran wrap and placed it in several ziplocs with all the air squeezed out. Then in a drawer in a cool dark room. Opening it for testing will be no problem. The compound is more stable than people think. It would have to be left open for days to start degrading to nitrate, or exposed to high humidity and air for many hours. Dont worry about it too much.

• Informative
Reactions: odazai, AnonGermany and Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
O

odazai

Aug 23, 2023
You can open it to test, just remove the amount you need and then seal it back up very well. Mine came in a bottle. I removed some for testing then closed the bottle, wrapped it in saran wrap and placed it in several ziplocs with all the air squeezed out. Then in a drawer in a cool dark room. Opening it for testing will be no problem. The compound is more stable than people think. It would have to be left open for days to start degrading to nitrate, or exposed to high humidity and air for many hours. Dont worry about it too much.
I bought 250 gr of sn and they put in a 1000gr package so only 1/4 of the container is sn the rest is empty
if I open it there would be 3/4 of the package with normal air
Do you think it's all right?

Upvote 0
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
I bought 250 gr of sn and they put in a 1000gr package so only 1/4 of the container is sn the rest is empty
if I open it there would be 3/4 of the package with normal air
Do you think it's all right?
I am not entirely sure. I'm by no means am expert on this just going off what I was told by the chemical company I got mine from and general guidelines on here for storage. If you're very worried about the air then maybe it would be best to vacuum seal it or storing in a smaller container then wrapping and bagging as I described.

Reactions: odazai
Upvote 0
O

odazai

Aug 23, 2023
I am not entirely sure. I'm by no means am expert on this just going off what I was told by the chemical company I got mine from and general guidelines on here for storage. If you're very worried about the air then maybe it would be best to vacuum seal it or storing in a smaller container then wrapping and bagging as I described.
Now I'm thinking about the way they packed it is so stupid cause there is too much air inside
Thank you for the info I'm gonna contact the company

Reactions: toofargone6969
Upvote 0