Milk it

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Xiaomi and 1 other person
Misery99

Misery99

Student
May 12, 2020
I haven't listened to all songs but I like all their songs which talks about self hatred and depression.The songs in my playlist are Lithium,Come as you are and Smells like teen spirit.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, grungeCat, Xiaomi and 1 other person
Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
No Smells Like Teen Spirit please.
Why not? That song is bitchin'. There's a reason it's their most popular and recognisable song.

I don't listen to Nirvana much anymore but I did so a lot when I was a teenager. The songs that have stood the test of time on my playlist are (aside from Smells Like) Come As You Are, their Unplugged versions of Pennyroyal Tea and Where Did You Sleep Last Night (I know it's not their song), Breed, Frances Farmer and my personal favourite, Territorial Pissings.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 23374, virginiawoolf86, antigone_iris and 2 others
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Why not? That song is bitchin'. There's a reason it's their most popular and recognisable song.

I don't listen to Nirvana much anymore but I did so a lot when I was a teenager. The songs that have stood the test of time on my playlist are (aside from Smells Like) Come As You Are, their Unplugged versions of Pennyroyal Tea and Where Did You Sleep Last Night (I know it's not their song), Breed, Frances Farmer and my personal favourite, Territorial Pissings.
Yeah I know it's the most popular. But I know Kurt hated it so much to the point he didn't want to play it. There's a joke that goes "Smells like the only song you know".

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, antigone_iris and Lost in a Dream
Doormat

Doormat

Life is never so bad that it can't get any worse
May 22, 2020
Yeah I know it's the most popular. But I know Kurt hated it so much to the point he didn't want to play it. There's a joke that goes "Smells like the only song you know".
I will always have a soft spot for that song as it was inspired by his love of Pixies :heart:

• Love
Reactions: Xiaomi
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Am I the only person who likes their Bleach album? Swap meet anyone?

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, virginiawoolf86 and antigone_iris
Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
Ah. That. To be honest, this was one of those things that always annoyed me about Nirvana fans back then. 'You're not a real fan if you like Smells Like. Kurt hated it too!!!' I think I did read somewhere back in the day that he didn't even hate the song itself, just that it made the band so mainstream that a lot of 'posers' (whatever that's supposed to mean) started frequenting the concerts too etc. Then again, the man was always rather ambivalent about his fame. There's numerous accounts that he did actually want to become a famous rockstar and he got what he wanted. Just a case of 'be careful what you wish for' because all the shit that came with the fame was too much for him.

And now I have let myself be tempted to go on a rant about Cobain. I thought those times were behind me. :hihi: At any rate, you like what you like and Smells Like is an awesome song. Making a song that's frequently hailed as 'the anthem of a whole generation' is a feat only few musicians achieve. Imho, he should have been proud of it. It was well written and had a nice sound to it. It perfectly captured the Zeitgeist of the early 90s and GenX.

Reactions: mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Lorntroubles, XYZ and 1 other person
X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Ah. That. To be honest, this was one of those things that always annoyed me about Nirvana fans back then. 'You're not a real fan if you like Smells Like. Kurt hated it too!!!' I think I did read somewhere back in the day that he didn't even hate the song itself, just that it made the band so mainstream that a lot of 'posers' (whatever that's supposed to mean) started frequenting the concerts too etc. Then again, the man was always rather ambivalent about his fame. There's numerous accounts that he did actually want to become a famous rockstar and he got what he wanted. Just a case of 'be careful what you wish for' because all the shit that came with the fame was too much for him.

And now I have let myself be tempted to go on a rant about Cobain. I thought those times were behind me. :hihi: At any rate, you like what you like and Smells Like is an awesome song. Making a song that's frequently hailed as 'the anthem of a whole generation' is a feat only few musicians achieve. Imho, he should have been proud of it. It was well written and had a nice sound to it. It perfectly captured the Zeitgeist of the early 90s and GenX.
Yeah it's what also introduced me to the band but I also found out they had other greater songs. But to each their own. I wouldn't be a diehard fan if it wasn't for SLTS though so you're right.

Reactions: Philosykos
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
The nostalgia!!! I wanna be 14 again and look down on folks who like SLTS. Thx for the trip down Memory Lane. I remember back in probably 93, or around that year, watching this spaced out interview with Nirvana on MTV. I was so innocent, I didn't understand they were high.

Oh and to answer the question. I'd go with In Bloom. "Next, ladies and gentlemen we have three fine young men from Seattle."

Last edited:
Reactions: voyager and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Come As You Are

Cobain swinging back and forth from the ceiling in the video is the perfect visual for the song.

Pennyroyal Tea is sooooooo awesome. "I'm so tired I can't sleep". Me too, brother.

Last edited:
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Okay but how about a cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit? A really bad one!...

Sorry. I couldn't resist. I'll see myself out. I don't know any of their other songs.:shy::shy:

Last edited:
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Kid: Dad, why is my sister called Rose?
Dad: Coz your mom loves roses more than anything else.
Kid: Ah ok, cool, thx dad.
Dad: No problem, Nirvana Unplugged at MTV 1993.

• Love
Reactions: antigone_iris
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
Drain You

"With eyes so dilated, I've become your pupil..."

I love this song too, Kurt has such a way with words:

"Her shit is my milk, my milk is her shit"

Last edited:
Reactions: virginiawoolf86 and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
My mood today: Kurt Cobain banging his head against the sound monitors in Lithium.
E0F44407 CEDC 4999 ACAE EBF31470A1A5

Reactions: virginiawoolf86 and antigone_iris
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Either their song Breed or Stay Away

Reactions: Deleted member 23374
antigone_iris

antigone_iris

Wizard
Oct 25, 2020
Blew, Big Cheese, Sappy, Lithium, School, R*pe Me and many more tbh

MichaelNomad123

MichaelNomad123

Jesus
Oct 15, 2020
You know you're right.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Frances farmer will have her revenge on Seattle
Definitely

Reactions: antigone_iris
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Their cover of 'The Man Who Sold the World'.

Also I don't like Cobain because he was brainwashed and cuntcontrolled by that raw-meat-lipped pyscho gold digger.

degeneratewaste

degeneratewaste

dressed for the grave.
Aug 24, 2020
mine are hairspray queen, frances farmer will have her revenge on seattle, and very ape. but if i had to pick one, it would be hairspray queen.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and virginiawoolf86
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
Radio Friendly Unit Shifter / Tourette / All Apologies is one of the best endings to an album ever

Reactions: degeneratewaste