• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I mean, I think it's possible with enough pressure but it's not going to be a completely painless death.

Reactions: pkmoney
pkmoney

pkmoney

She's heavy and she's mine
Jul 30, 2018
You'd end up strangling I suspect.

Reactions: Kat!
E

eventhoitryicantltgo

Dec 7, 2020
I also don't believe the "tourniquet" method is realistic for most people, and it is a shame because most people who don't have access to other methods would be able to use this instead.

Reactions: Kat! and pkmoney
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
I also don't believe the "tourniquet" method is realistic for most people, and it is a shame because most people who don't have access to other methods would be able to use this instead.
Hanging in general is definitely a more secure method compared to the night-night one. But I understand a lot of people have anxiety about hanging.

E

eventhoitryicantltgo

Dec 7, 2020
Tourniquet is strangulation, not hanging.

Devils_candY

Devils_candY

Afraid of life... scared to sleep...
Oct 23, 2020
OP, not being mean or controversial, but night night is my method. I've tweaked it from the original design and im using socks and a zip tie. I can make myself pass out every time... I've owned it for years. It's not completely comfortable but I imagine there's no completely comfortable method, but it works for me. I actually switched from partial to night night. I've got options though. I have the materials for partial, night night, SN, and a gun. I dont wanna shoot myself cause it's not instant like so many think. SN is torture for the time you're awake. Im left with partial and night night. I'd honestly probably choose partial, but I have a very attentive roommate and he'd probably catch me doing partial. With night night I can lay in bed, close my eyes, pull up the blanket, and it just looks like I went... night night... quick, relatively painless, final. What works for one may not work for the next.

Devils_candY

Devils_candY

Oct 23, 2020
Glad you got it to work for you. Sorry that I came off as dismissive.
It's quite alright. I had no il will towards you. Just putting in my experience so others won't be discouraged.

Devils_candY

Devils_candY

Oct 23, 2020
This is just what I've been told. But apparently you get really nauseous and it takes all you have to try and not throw up, but you usually do. I have also heard of a guy who thought he had time to smoke a cigarette and had no nausea and ended up passing out on the porch while smoking. I just couldn't take the risk that my body would be one that has a severe reaction with the sn and I'd die in misery. Nope can't do it. Can't take that chance.

I

I screwed up

Waiting for the damn bus
Sep 11, 2019
@Devils_candY u r lucky u have multiple methods at hand. Others like me struggle to even access one method .. So even if there is some pain or risk involved we need to accept it and go for it. BTW , from whatever I have read SN is not as painful as u make it sound ...

Devils_candY

Devils_candY

Oct 23, 2020
@Devils_candY u r lucky u have multiple methods at hand. Others like me struggle to even access one method .. So 6 ugh if there is some pain or risk involved we need to accept it and go for it. BTW , from whatever I have read SN is not as painful as u make tt
Im not bashing anybody or anything. I shouldn't have said that the way I did. I've heard both sides of sn like I said. One guy felt great just smoked a cigarette and passed out, unfortunately he was on his front porch so he was found. And I've heard of a girl wretching so much from within minutes of injesting the salty substance. I've tasted my sn and it's the saltiest thing in the world... that's gonna be hard to ingest and harder to keep down. Considering the bodies gag reflex is triggered by a tablespoon of salt I think we can expect sodium nitrite to gag us, even with a full course of anti-emetics. listen everyone, I don't say this to deter anyone, if you want to use an more power to you. I don't won't personally use it as my first method, although it's far from the last. You can always make a reliable method. The first real good method i practiced with was night night using electrical tape I stole and socks i stole. It actually got me to pass out. So there's always a way if you're determined. Trust in that.

lost guy

lost guy

Just a guy trying to work things out.
Aug 12, 2020
I was curious about suicides among famous people in the 21st Century. I found a Wikipedia page listing such and noticed that the overwhelming majority of deaths were from hanging. Gunshot was 2nd. I'd say hanging is pretty reliable. I suppose any method is a matter of preference.

Reactions: Nullm
A

alyssfades

Dec 10, 2020
forgive me if this is an inappropriate question, but how did you survive night-night after passing out? it's not like you can remove it once you know it'll do the trick, did you build a release mechanism or something to test it?
Im not bashing anybody or anything. I shouldn't have said that the way I did. I've heard both sides of sn like I said. One guy felt great just smoked a cigarette and passed out, unfortunately he was on his front porch so he was found. And I've heard of a girl wretching so much from within minutes of injesting the salty substance. I've tasted my sn and it's the saltiest thing in the world... that's gonna be hard to ingest and harder to keep down. Considering the bodies gag reflex is triggered by a tablespoon of salt I think we can expect sodium nitrite to gag us, even with a full course of anti-emetics. listen everyone, I don't say this to deter anyone, if you want to use an more power to you. I don't won't personally use it as my first method, although it's far from the last. You can always make a reliable method. The first real good method i practiced with was night night using electrical tape I stole and socks i stole. It actually got me to pass out. So there's always a way if you're determined. Trust in that.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
forgive me if this is an inappropriate question, but how did you survive night-night after passing out? it's not like you can remove it once you know it'll do the trick, did you build a release mechanism or something to test it?
That's a good question. It must have been something like when he passed out he released the pressure, or was doing it with his hands.

Reactions: alyssfades
Maka hiamoe

Maka hiamoe

Dec 10, 2020
You're definitely not the only one having trouble with this method. I tried it with a ratchet strap, also with a tourniquet but I could never get it to work. I could only feel immense pressure building up in my head but it didn't matter how long I waited, I got nowhere close to losing consciousness so it was obvious I wasn't doing it properly. I ended up getting SN instead.

Devils_candY

Devils_candY

Oct 23, 2020
forgive me if this is an inappropriate question, but how did you survive night-night after passing out? it's not like you can remove it once you know it'll do the trick, did you build a release mechanism or something
The way I practice it is through just pushing the socks against my carotid. Or using my thumb and fingers. I also had a partner for a while and when we would practice our methods we would help each other. For instance if I would use a zip tie to practice she would cut it off.

aeon

aeon

XIII
Dec 6, 2020
Compression works, but personally I would only use it in emergency situations like the ones listed below (Five last acts) There are so many more reliable methods available.

Screen Shot 12 11 20 at 0626 PM   Copy

Walilamdzii

Walilamdzii

-
Sep 19, 2021
Compression works, but personally I would only use it in emergency situations like the ones listed below (Five last acts) There are so many more reliable methods available.

View attachment 54809
I don't have other methods easily available at the moment though...