• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023
Hi SaSu, long time no see! 😅

My D&D group found a new social media platform called Cara. It's really similar in layout to twitt- I mean, X. They have an interesting approach to AI generated content on the platform. This is a quote directly taken from the websites about page: "With the widespread use of generative AI, we decided to build a place that filters out generative AI images so that people who want to find authentic creatives and artwork can do so easily.". What do you all think about it? I personally think it's a great idea, I don't personally like AI generated images that much and I think in it's current form the AI tools are indeed kinda unethical, if you get what I mean? I'd love to hear your stance on the matter.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: wljourney, eatantz, escape_from_hell and 2 others
Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
Really, AI might get so good that maybe they'll surpass human capacities. But they are nothing compared to the creativity of a human. Yes, they might create artworks that compare to the best of paintings; but there is no meaning, effort, "humaness" to that.

It can be useful as a tool, which is what AI should be, but without humans, AI art is as meaningful as a pretty vase, good to look, but useless.

• Love
Reactions: pompompurin
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
AI art sucks but I doubt it will ever be as fun to browse as Twitter because if it's just full of artists and genuinely good people that leaves like no room for truly spicy memes.

That said I might make an account in case Elon takes another dump on the website and adds something nobody asked for but I also already have a Bluesky account for that.

Reactions: SuicidalOrganism, pompompurin and Yuki_03
pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023
Really, AI might get so good that maybe they'll surpass human capacities. But they are nothing compared to the creativity of a human. Yes, they might create artworks that compare to the best of paintings; but there is no meaning, effort, "humaness" to that.

It can be useful as a tool, which is what AI should be, but without humans, AI art is as meaningful as a pretty vase, good to look, but useless.
Oh yeah! I saw some very good looking(?) AI art, but as you said, without humans it's just some pretty pixels without much meaning.
AI art sucks but I doubt it will ever be as fun to browse as Twitter because if it's just full of artists and genuinely good people that leaves like no room for truly spicy memes.

That said I might make an account in case Elon takes another dump on the website and adds something nobody asked for but I also already have a Bluesky account for that.
Well, the site is made by artists for artists. It's not a platform for everyone and especially not for most of Twitters userbase. Though I will for sure scroll through it a lot to get inspiration for the character I'm making for the next campaign.

Reactions: Yuki_03