• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
is it gonna be painful? I assume its lethal at 876 feet.

Reactions: Talvikki, not-2-b-the-answer and Aim
U

Unhitched3040

Feb 4, 2024
what the hell I live two hours from there

• Hugs
Reactions: FallenfromGrace, not-2-b-the-answer and DreamEnd
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
At this hight you will almost definitely reach terminal velocity and die immediately at impact. Unless a miracle happens or something.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hunter2005 and not-2-b-the-answer
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
At this hight you will almost definitely reach terminal velocity and die immediately at impact. Unless a miracle happens or something.
So no pain? Even if it's in water and feet first?
I hope I don't end up like this lady

People have survived terminal velocity falls. In 1972, Vesna Vulović fell over 33,330 ft without a parachute after the plane she was in exploded. She didn't exactly walk away from the fall, however. She spent days in a coma, and was hospitalized for months after that. But she did survive.

Reactions: returntothevoid
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
Nope! When you hit the water in that speed. It will crush you. The water turns to concrete.

I think everyone that has jumped of that brigde, there is no survivers.

• Love
Reactions: throneofdispair03, Hunter2005, sugar_kitty and 1 other person
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Nope! When you hit the water in that speed. It will crush you. The water turns to concrete.

I think everyone that has jumped of that brigde, there is no survivers.
Yeah I didn't find anything. Might as well shoot myself before I fall in, to guarantee unconsciousness

Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
I hope I don't end up like this lady

People have survived terminal velocity falls. In 1972, Vesna Vulović fell over 33,330 ft without a parachute after the plane she was in exploded. She didn't exactly walk away from the fall, however. She spent days in a coma, and was hospitalized for months after that. But she did survive.
Yeah exacly. That one miracle happend. Unbelievable almost. However. I think the odds of surviving this will be like extremely small.

If you're going to choose jumping as a method. Mind as well choose one of the top 3 highest bridges in the us.

Even if you did somehow survive. You will 100% get knocked out at impact and fall unconscious. And either drown, or unconscious and rescued right away. Which means that you will not feel anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: spring vainglory
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Yeah exacly. That one miracle happend. Unbelievable almost. However. I think the odds of surviving this will be like extremely small.

If you're going to choose jumping as a method. Mind as well choose one of the top 3 highest bridges in the us.

Even if you did somehow survive. You will 100% get knocked out at impact and fall unconscious. And either drown, or unconscious and rescued right away. Which means that you will not feel anything.
Well there is this one dude who survived golden gate. It the river gorge is taller I think? Golden gate is about 746 meters

Edit:there were actually 29 survivors of golden gate but around 1500 of suicides

Reactions: Aim
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
Well there is this one dude who survived golden gate. It the river gorge is taller I think? Golden gate is about 746 meters

Edit:there were actually 29 survivors of golden gate but around 1500 of suicides
Yess I think so. But idk how many survivors there has been compared to how many people that has jumped. So then its kinda hard to tell the odds of surviving or not.
Yess this brigde is taller. Idk by how much. But it definitely looks like it's tall enough to kill a human. For sure.

Last edited:
permanently tired

permanently tired

Flying too high
Nov 8, 2023
Anyone want to jump here? I'm considering

Reactions: FallenfromGrace
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
Yess I think so. But idk how many survivors there has been compared to how many people that has jumped. So then its kinda hard to tell the odds of surviving or not.
Yess this brigde is taller. Idk by how much. But it definitely looks like it's tall enough to kill a human. For sure.
Oh right saw this now. Idk if that is alot or not. I don't think I would risk it to be hounest. But didn't they fence ggb? I think so.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Oh right saw this now. Idk if that is alot or not. I don't think I would risk it to be hounest. But didn't they fence ggb? I think so.
More than a confirmed 1,800 people have jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge since it was built in 1937, according to the Bridge Rail Foundation. The very first incident happened that same year.

Hines is one of 39 people known to survive the deadly leap. "Nineteen have come forward to say they all had the exact same instant regret that I had," Hines said.

That would make it 2%

Reactions: divinemistress36
Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
More than a confirmed 1,800 people have jumped from the Golden Gate Bridge since it was built in 1937, according to the Bridge Rail Foundation. The very first incident happened that same year.

Hines is one of 39 people known to survive the deadly leap. "Nineteen have come forward to say they all had the exact same instant regret that I had," Hines said.

That would make it 2%
Oh wow! so that's only 2%. Jizz! It's really deadly then. Hmm idk then who or what bridge is the best to choose then to be hounest. šŸ˜„ Seems like they both are pretty deadly.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Oh wow! so that's only 2%. Jizz! It's really deadly. Hmm idk then who or what bridge is the best to choose then to be hounest. šŸ˜„ Seems like they both are pretty deadly then.
Imagine being in the 2%. Firearms are 1% failure rate. Gotta combine the two haha
Judging by the article it must happen there frequently.
Actually I only found one. Golden gate though is different. But they are probably not reporting all the deaths tho

Aim

Aim

šŸ¤
Sep 12, 2023
Right, unlucky just got taking to a whole new level then if i may say šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ But fingers crossed that doesn't happen! šŸ¤—

Reactions: DreamEnd
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
The bridge has been getting a lot of publicity over the years because of how many people jumped. I'm not sure about how the current fencing is right now, but it was pretty awful before. But there are constant patrols there for people looking to jump. Getting over SI can take quite a while, and no one's going to just ignore a stopped car in the middle of a busy bridge.

As for whether it'll be instant, it likely will be pretty fast. But the amount of pain you're likely to feel is uncertain. Some people swear that the adrenaline stops you from feeling anything, but others have said different things. Honestly, the issue is mainly a lack of evidence due to how it's impossible to test in a scientific way.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
The bridge has been getting a lot of publicity over the years because of how many people jumped. I'm not sure about how the current fencing is right now, but it was pretty awful before. But there are constant patrols there for people looking to jump. Getting over SI can take quite a while, and no one's going to just ignore a stopped car in the middle of a busy bridge.

As for whether it'll be instant, it likely will be pretty fast. But the amount of pain you're likely to feel is uncertain. Some people swear that the adrenaline stops you from feeling anything, but others have said different things. Honestly, the issue is mainly a lack of evidence due to how it's impossible to test in a scientific way.
Are you talking about golden gate or river gorge bridge? I haven't seen any fencing on river gorge from the pictures

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
Are you talking about golden gate or river gorge bridge? I haven't seen any fencing on river gorge from the pictures
Golden gate has multiple fences. It's way too popular. I'm talking about the River Gorge Bridge. I've seen pictures too, but they're not up-to-date I believe. Even Google Street View is quite old. There have been multiple campaigns from bereaved loved ones trying to erect more measures to actively prevent more victims. So, I don't know what the current state of the bridge is like.

Reactions: returntothevoid
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Golden gate has multiple fences. It's way too popular. I'm talking about the River Gorge Bridge. I've seen pictures too, but they're not up-to-date I believe. Even Google Street View is quite old. There have been multiple campaigns from bereaved loved ones trying to erect more measures to actively prevent more victims. So, I don't know what the current state of the bridge is like.
Someone took this picture a year ago. I haven't seen any articles regarding fencing there. But hypothetically if it's there can't you jump over it?

Edit:it looks like they fenced quechee bridge but not that one

Attachments

• IMG_0414.jpeg
    IMG_0414.jpeg
    709.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
But hypothetically if it's there can't you jump over it?
There are particular fences that can be installed if a bridge becomes a hotspot for suicides for the specific purpose of stopping jumpers. That's why I mentioned the golden gate bridge and how it's too popular. They erected suicide barriers after multiple petitions.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
There are particular fences that can be installed if a bridge becomes a hotspot for suicides for the specific purpose of stopping jumpers. That's why I mentioned the golden gate bridge and how it's too popular. They erected suicide barriers after multiple petitions.

I see well I googled a bit and I haven't found anything with regards to fencing on river gorge. Only quechee bridge in Vermont

Edit: only this article about river gorge https://www.nationalparkstraveler.o...-river-iconic-bridge-attracts-suicide-jumpers

Doesn't mention fences

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Someone took this picture a year ago. I haven't seen any articles regarding fencing there. But hypothetically if it's there can't you jump over it?

Edit:it looks like they fenced quechee bridge but not that one
What a beautiful place to die

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

Jul 24, 2023
Yes. Why? At night
There are frequent patrols from both sides of the bridge. Particularly at night. I remember reading an article from 2023 about a person being rescued who damn near killed his rescuers because of how much he was struggling. There are also hikers who hike below and people who kayak. Overall, getting someone caught in the act or afterwards is why I always discourage jumping as a method. But ultimately, it's your call. I hope you'll make an informed choice.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
There are frequent patrols from both sides of the bridge. Particularly at night. I remember reading an article from 2023 about a person being rescued who damn near killed his rescuers because of how much he was struggling. There are also hikers who hike below and people who kayak. Overall, getting someone caught in the act or afterwards is why I always discourage jumping as a method. But ultimately, it's your call. I hope you'll make an informed choice.
Well at like 3 am what are the chances of getting caught by patrol? You literally just stop and get out and jump unless SI comes in and you just stand there. Also what use are the hikers and kayakers if you are just gonna splash and die

Reactions: spring vainglory