M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Hey everyone, this is my first post. This is to prevent others making a mistake or telling someone how you feel. Trust me, you WILL regret it instantly.

I told someone how I felt, not the mental health team or anything. Anyway, the crisis team came out, they recommend hospital, I refused hospital. Two psychiatrists (the female was AWFUL) came to assess me with a social worker. Put me under section (it is lawful and if you refuse they are LEGALLY allowed to use any force to take you (so I complied). Waited about 12 hours so I was up all night. A private ambulance took me (mental health nurses) and they were lovely.

They CAN forcibly give you drugs (by LAW) under this section (2). You do not get a say in ANYTHING. Don't expect anyone to care. Expect to express yourself but no one cares, especially the mean male doctors (female here so far, they are lovely)

The ward... lmfao. No privacy. Literally. Staff barely say two words to me. I am watched 24/7. I need my music to keep me calm, but I have nothing wireless so I am expected to stare at the same four walls.

Staff don't care. Staff don't care I've become a different person in here. Staff don't give a shit about you. No one does.

I will now pretend I'm fine. The first thing I'll do is kill myself when I get out. I am not mentally ill, I am a traumatised person.

Be prepared to be watched everything you do, even sleeping..everything. I'm lucky to have my bedroom door open ajar with staff there, and no bathroom door but, the bathroom door is just over half a door and it is magnetic (NOT A DOOR). Staff every 2 or 3 mins will call your name if you're quiet, so make a sound regularly. I couldn't piss for 6 hours. Some people are within arms length, so if you need a shit.. you are FUCKED. I am not eating so that won't happen (I'd recommend fasting before you come in).

I have to have tablets to knock me out to sleep, because noises freak me out and having someone there... this is a trauma response but they don't care. Oh and by the way, this is also a private hospital where famous people have stayed. Lol. Deadly serious. There is no treatment. One doctor is lovely, the rest are AWFUL, really cold and MEAN.

No one cares how I'm being treated. But hey, I'll be out in 27 days (they can hold you for longer under section 3).

Fake it till you make it. Seriously. They're now starting to trust me after two days, so that's nice.

I will NEVER trust a soul again(already have severe trust issues).

Ask me any questions:-) I'm in the UK.

There are different types of suicide watch and I know them all now, so ask away

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Catch-22, pthnrdnojvsc, ForgottenAgain and 8 others
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
I literally just asked this very question. But you are in the UK.

My Dad is 85, who is going to take care of him so to speak? They're going to haul me off and forget about him?

Can you smoke?
Also, do you have own separate room?

If celebrities go there, I would imagine it's more upscale.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Reflection

Reflection

Lost
Sep 12, 2024
Or they might not even give a damn...I ended up telling my ex girlfriend how I felt due to the seperation for a year and she just told me to fuck off basically and blocked me everywhere

• Aww..
Reactions: lv-nii and ijustwishtodie
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i see my community psychiatric nurse once every 3 weeks, i've told her i've got sodium nitrate, a rope a ladder and pull up bar, every time they come and see me i tell them i am suicidal everyday and have been for 8 years, i've told her i've had the rope out and the ladder and pull up bar in the attic hatch tiring to kill my self but i didn't want to suffocate to death so didn't do it, she doesn't do anything since i am already on medication and there really isn't anything more they can do for me

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: lv-nii and ForgottenAgain
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
It's insane as to how suicidal people get treated like lowly prisoners by society. It goes to show how cruel and sick this world is. I hope that you get out from there asap and find peace soon. I also think that your post is a good reminder of how alone we are when it comes to suicide and how the only person that we can trust is ourselves and nobody else

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, DrinkyCrow and Darkover
Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
i see my community psychiatric nurse once every 3 weeks, i've told her i've got sodium nitrate, a rope a ladder and pull up bar, every time they come and see me i tell them i am suicidal everyday and have been for 8 years, i've told her i've had the rope out and the ladder and pull up bar in the attic hatch tiring to kill my self but i didn't want to suffocate to death so didn't do it, she doesn't do anything since i am already on medication and there really isn't anything more they can do for me
From everything I heard on SS, it seems so inconsistent in the UK with sectioning. Some people seem to get sectioned so easily and for others you can attempt over and over and they don't care. I don't understand the logic, and makes it really hard to know what I can share or can't share.

Reactions: Unbolted0605 and Darkover
A

alienfreak

Sep 25, 2024
Thanks for posting this. I was just thinking "maybe if im careful and say i just have thoughts about suicide but no intention or plans then it might work to get useful medication", but I think it really isn't worth the risk getting that close to the point where something like that could happen to me. Absolutely awful

M

MyTimeIsUp

Feb 27, 2024
If you have a plan, you're fucked. Not ideation, a PLAN. Will answer questions now

Reactions: ForgottenAgain
Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
Thanks for posting this. I was just thinking "maybe if im careful and say i just have thoughts about suicide but no intention or plans then it might work to get useful medication", but I think it really isn't worth the risk getting that close to the point where something like that could happen to me. Absolutely awful
TBH I think you should be ok saying that to your GP.

After oversharing with BUPA for therapy, they wrote to my GP who invited me for an appointment. Luckily the doctor didn't read the letter and I back tracked and just said I had ideation but nothing more and it was fine.

M

MyTimeIsUp

Feb 27, 2024
I literally just asked this very question. But you are in the UK.

My Dad is 85, who is going to take care of him so to speak? They're going to haul me off and forget about him?

Can you smoke?
Also, do you have own separate room?

If celebrities go there, I would imagine it's more upscale.
1. Yes. They will likely get social services involved

2. Yes, you can smoke, all wards are different, but if you're on a one to one you can go for smoke breaks, while being watched.

3. Some are dorms, but I've been lucky to be somewhere that isn't like that and have my own room.

4. No it isn't upscale, that's shit. It's the same. I'm NHS.

Some of the staff are really awful. Be prepared for them not to listen to you
Not true. It's because you haven't got a plan, doesn't matter if you have access. I only got sectioned because I want to die and have an active plan, and keep trying. I didn't ask for help either, I said I don't want it. I just told someone I know where I live and she reached out to mental health professionals, and I told them I don't want help and refused voluntary
Also happy to explain the process over here on section 2.
Yeah, thoughts aren't the same. It's about the plan and recent attempts etc. Trauma can't be treated with medication, and I'm not depressed. Docs are aware. So I'm now pretending I'm ok, but when i get out, I'm gone
From everything I heard on SS, it seems so inconsistent in the UK with sectioning. Some people seem to get sectioned so easily and for others you can attempt over and over and they don't care. I don't understand the logic, and makes it really hard to know what I can share or can't share.
It is NOT easy to section someone. Take it from me, someone that has tried many times. This is my first section. I refused voluntary (been voluntary before). Some think you're seeking attention and that's why you don't. Also, if they realise you're serious, they will secton you - if they think you're not, no. It's mostly about plan, recent attempts (depending on the nature of the attempt also).
You guys are all I have left. I can't trust anyone else ever again

My trust has been betrayed

I am a calm person on the outside world. Not here. But I'm staying calm or I'll look crazy.

Be prepared to be treated like shit. You are just a number.

Some staff are really kind and listen, others not so much.

Sometimes you have two watching you at arms length.

I have to be knocked out with sleeping tablets to sleep, because people watch me when I'm sleeping and it's part of my trauma

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain and Redleaf1992
finallydone

finallydone

Aug 18, 2024
seems like a very logical suggestion, it's always a bad idea to tell everyone you plan to do things that are outside of the social "norms" be it suicide or anything else, however it doesn't apply to everyone and i'll be the example :
been thinking about it for the last 2 months and only told a 'once" close friend about it, didn't matter because he himself is suicidal
still even in the case he or anyone else tried to "legally" stop me they won't be able to, because luckily where i live the chances of you getting locked up because you're suicidal are non-existant

M

MyTimeIsUp

Feb 27, 2024
seems like a very logical suggestion, it's always a bad idea to tell everyone you plan to do things that are outside of the social "norms" be it suicide or anything else, however it doesn't apply to everyone and i'll be the example :
been thinking about it for the last 2 months and only told a 'once" close friend about it, didn't matter because he himself is suicidal
still even in the case he or anyone else tried to "legally" stop me they won't be able to, because luckily where i live the chances of you getting locked up because you're suicidal are non-existant
I didn't tell everyone. I told someone I thought I could trust, and this person believes anyone should be able to die if they want, but because of the nature of her job, she had to tell someone or if I was found dead, she could lose it.

It is hard to section someone. I have attempted countless times and this is my first section.

• Informative
Reactions: finallydone
memoriesofyesterday

memoriesofyesterday

Sep 24, 2024
I didn't tell everyone. I told someone I thought I could trust, and this person believes anyone should be able to die if they want, but because of the nature of her job, she had to tell someone or if I was found dead, she could lose it.

It is hard to section someone. I have attempted countless times and this is my first section.
What do you have in your room? You are typing on a website. So you must have a computer. Aren't you scared they can see a list of websites your typing on?

I'm really sorry this happened to you. Like Alienfreak, I want to seek help but afraid of winding up in your position.

P

Praying 4 a Miracle

Sep 22, 2024
People who live in countries with MAID (medical assistance in dying) programs have a huge advantage in that they can openly talk, even with their doctor(s) about wanting assisted suicide without any fear of being locked up at all, because it's legal.

The risky business of talking about illegal suicide, is the main reason why safe and humane assisted dying is not yet available to most people who really need it. This fear is keeping people from speaking up, but speaking up is exactly what needs to happen for these programs to be expanded or installed.

The solution is simple, only talk to people about wanting access to legal MAID. The fear of people losing their freedom, is what is causing them to have to resort to dangerous, painful, and gruesome unassisted suicide methods. This is what needs to change.

The same applies if you are seeking help and want to recover.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ForgottenAgain
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Not true. It's because you haven't got a plan, doesn't matter if you have access. I only got sectioned because I want to die and have an active plan, and keep trying. I didn't ask for help either, I said I don't want it. I just told someone I know where I live and she reached out to mental health professionals, and I told them I don't want help and refused voluntary
Also happy to explain the process over here on section 2.
purchasing items like a rope, ladder, or pull-up bar with the intention of potentially using them to end your life would generally be considered part of a suicide plan. Having specific methods or tools in mind suggests planning, which can be a warning sign that someone may be at a higher risk for suicide.

N7_Alliance_Marine

N7_Alliance_Marine

Sep 29, 2024
The ward... lmfao. No privacy. Literally. Staff barely say two words to me. I am watched 24/7. I need my music to keep me calm, but I have nothing wireless so I am expected to stare at the same four walls.

Staff don't care. Staff don't care I've become a different person in here. Staff don't give a shit about you. No one does.
Same thing happened to me. 22/24 hours a day was in my room staring at walls and reading books while the other 2 hours were their "muh, mental health classes."
One doctor is lovely, the rest are AWFUL, really cold and MEAN.
Most Doctors I've met seem to be this way, they're not pleasant to be around. Nothing better than wanting to kill yourself and people proceed to treat you shittier than you were treated before.

M

MyTimeIsUp

Feb 27, 2024
What do you have in your room? You are typing on a website. So you must have a computer. Aren't you scared they can see a list of websites your typing on?

I'm really sorry this happened to you. Like Alienfreak, I want to seek help but afraid of winding up in your position.
I'm on my phone. You're allowed phone. I'm on eyesight. I use mobile data so they can't see what I'm accessing on their WiFi. And I use DuckDuckGo. If I was on 'arms length' I wouldn't be able to go on here. As long as they can see me, it's fine. Everyone is on different types of suicide watch. If I tried anything, I'd have two watching and directly next to me, so I haven't, but will the first opportunity I get

Yeah, don't. Trust me. Never ever want to be sectioned. Ever. And they can change it and put you on a section 3 which is longer. They can forcibly medicate you on section 2, but they haven't me, because I've been acting calm, but I'm not

Reactions: ijustwishtodie