L0nely

L0nely

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
I refrain from using this forum, I'm actively trying to do better but sometimes...
My parents are pressuring me into going for masters degree even though I told them there is nothing interesting currently and I would much rather go to work for a year, do some courses and get some certificats. But it's not an option. To them I'm just biggest disappointment no matter what. Just nothing ever is good enough. Before university I had clear goals but to them I wasn't good enough to follow through, happened to have very shitty teachers in subjects I needed as well. When it was time to choose uni I had 2 main subjects to choose from but all I heard was "it's not good enough, you'll never find job after that" so I went with what they thought would be a good option. Now all I hear is that this is also not good enough and I will never be successful. But I know damn well that even if I go further and find some job afterwards the job that I'll get will also not be good enough for them. It's just so discouraging. Like why bother doing anything if nothing will be ever good enough?

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori