• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

RainyDayz

RainyDayz

Mar 27, 2018
I'm pretty sure doing this will yield more hardship then help but I am desperate at this point. I have been searching for a quiet place to go to carry out my final act of self care. I am looking for a spot that is in Ontario, preferably near Toronto but the location MUST be desolate.

I plan to die by burning coal in my car so I would like to find somewhere far enough away from people to not be found and also so no one else is hurt either. My hope is that I can find a place where I remain undiscovered until I am nothing but bones, this way the very few people I do have in my life do not need to worry about spending any money on useless funerals and such. I will be informing them but giving no details on location and leaving what little I do have in life to them. I'm sure they are all supportive of my decision they just can't really say it because of the stigma involved but they know its what I have always wanted and what I need to do.

Please no jokes. I am looking for a very desolate place so it's highly improbable that anyones home address will be sufficient. Also I need to be able to drive to the location and park without being noticed....

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Aren't there any big forests in your city or at least in your state? Unless heavily protected, a forest could be a good place to die in your car.

Vox

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
The car really limits your choices because anywhere there's a road there will be people. Other than that I agree with millefeui, a forest is a great place to do it. That's my ideal choice because it's actually nice to think my last act will provide a hearty meal for some starving wolves/bobcats/foxes/worms/whatever.

sadak_the_wanderer

sadak_the_wanderer

An appropriate painting
Mar 19, 2018
"Informing" the people in your life is at odds with not being found until you are nothing but bones. You will just start a mad scramble to find you.

The book Death in Yellowstone: Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park (by Lee H. Whittlesey, 2014) details a wide sample of deaths, including suicides, and what state in which the body was found. National parks are good for this.

My thought is that you will want to shell out for a tent. You will be too easily found in a car unless you pull off some unused logging road. Also, decomposition will be greatly slowed in a car, especially one so well-sealed as to hold your carbon monoxide.

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
"Informing" the people in your life is at odds with not being found until you are nothing but bones. You will just start a mad scramble to find you.

The book Death in Yellowstone: Accidents and Foolhardiness in the First National Park (by Lee H. Whittlesey, 2014) details a wide sample of deaths, including suicides, and what state in which the body was found. National parks are good for this.

My thought is that you will want to shell out for a tent. You will be too easily found in a car unless you pull off some unused logging road. Also, decomposition will be greatly slowed in a car, especially one so well-sealed as to hold your carbon monoxide.

I agree with this. A good airtight tent would do. you can go deeper into the woods to make sure you're undisturbed..make a campfire...do your thing. Seems better than a car anyway...but if you want a car maybe you could make your windows so that no one can see inside. No idea what it's called...

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
The desert would be ideal, Nevada somewhere perhaps. Hard to give you a proper answer when we don't know where you live. If you're going to go the CO way make sure you have a note clearly visible danger sign so no one who discovers you breathes in the fumes.

L

lone3wolf

Apr 7, 2018
I'm pretty sure doing this will yield more hardship then help but I am desperate at this point. I have been searching for a quiet place to go to carry out my final act of self care. I am looking for a spot that is in Ontario, preferably near Toronto but the location MUST be desolate.

I plan to die by burning coal in my car so I would like to find somewhere far enough away from people to not be found and also so no one else is hurt either. My hope is that I can find a place where I remain undiscovered until I am nothing but bones, this way the very few people I do have in my life do not need to worry about spending any money on useless funerals and such. I will be informing them but giving no details on location and leaving what little I do have in life to them. I'm sure they are all supportive of my decision they just can't really say it because of the stigma involved but they know its what I have always wanted and what I need to do.

Please no jokes. I am looking for a very desolate place so it's highly improbable that anyones home address will be sufficient. Also I need to be able to drive to the location and park without being noticed....

Would you mind having a partner ?? Though my preferred method is exit bag, CO isnt bad either.

The reason am asking you is that i have a similar idea of no one finding my body until they are bones.

Hoping to join you.

Last edited:
C

ChelseaDagger

Apr 8, 2018
Go up to the Kawartha Lakes or Bridgenorth or something. I used to live up there and it's very sparsely populated. But the best part is there's so little light pollution that on a clear night, you can see the sparkling ribbon of the Milky Way. If you can set it up so that that's the penultimate thing your eyes gaze upon before the backs of your eyelids, then you've done it proper.
As far as letting people know, try using Boomerang to send a delayed email informing those who need to know where to find a note with all of the pertinent details. Or just Boomerang whatever you want to say directly if you want to abandon the beauty of a handwritten note. Plus, if you head out there and feel like the vibe just isn't right and tonight isn't the night but maybe next week, you can always reschedule/cancel/edit the email.

bag.of.cats

bag.of.cats

depressed cats
Apr 10, 2018
Also, decomposition will be greatly slowed in a car
Wouldn't a tent also slow down decomposition?

But the best part is there's so little light pollution that on a clear night, you can see the sparkling ribbon of the Milky Way. If you can set it up so that that's the penultimate thing your eyes gaze upon before the backs of your eyelids, then you've done it proper.
Beautiful.

Reactions: all_pointless
x51391225x

x51391225x

Jul 1, 2020
Big parking lot of a Walmart or something. Read about it in many news stories, maybe late at night. They did the tube/exhaust thing, which I've heard doesn't work anymore, but similar premise. Or industrial park as long as there aren't cameras so cops would show up.