fauna

fauna

Self-destructive
May 31, 2019
Hey guys, I'd like to partial hang tonight but I'd like to make sure I get it right. There is rope somewhere in the garage, I'm planning on grabbing it tonight after everyone goes to sleep. What knots should I use? I'm going to try hanging from about a 6ft fixture (I'm 5'2") and leaning forward. I'm underweight, so the bar breaking should not be an issue. Has anyone researched partial? I'd love your thoughts. Thanks.

Partial-Elf

Partial-Elf

Eternal Oblivion
Dec 26, 2018
I'd be very careful about doing it in that setting (with others in the home and a random rope). Sounds like a recipe for you to be found or the rope to break

Last edited:
SHThrowAway213

SHThrowAway213

That's the hell I live with
Apr 19, 2018
Use a slipknot.. It can be very hard to make yourself pass out

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@fauna, have you looked at the thread called How to Hang Yourself? You can find it in the "list of resources" near the top of the forum.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768
T

TenHas

Simple guy whit a many conflicts
Apr 27, 2019
I need to ask.
I have time by time trying partial hanging for test and think I got my "soft spot" right now.. must say, it was scary experience because I didn't expect it will work after so many tests ...

In few seconds after trying was came some weird really loud noice in my ears and little blurry vision, just like a once was breathing gas in ..so I stopped because of fear or panic.
Can someone confirm that this things should happen and about time, how long it will take till person passes out?

Last edited:
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
I'll second @Partial-Elf on this - you should probably test this out first, given that you're using a rope whose strength and elasticity you haven't tested beforehand. In any case, some generic info on what worked for me follows:

As @SHThrowAway213 said, a slipknot is the preferred knot. I'll add this - the noose needs to stick as closely to the neck as possible. Any gap means that there is a chance that the pressure on the carotids will be relieved. To ensure that the carotids remain compressed, moving the knot to the back was what worked for me. My sweet spot was with the rope at the top of my neck.