B

BrokenUK

Jan 23, 2024
Can someone help me, ive been sectioned under section 5 but they wont tell me what it means

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, stuckinthemud, ForgottenAgain and 1 other person
evanave

evanave

love you guys <3
Dec 5, 2023
It means that a medical professional has deemed that it is not safe to allow you to live outside of a monitored hospital for the time being. I'm sorry this has happened to you.

Reactions: BrokenUK
Upvote 0
S

stuckinthemud

Student
Nov 14, 2023
From the NHS website

If you're already in hospital, certain nurses can stop you leaving under Section 5(4) until the doctor in charge of your care or treatment, or their nominated deputy, can make a decision about whether to detain you there under Section 5(2).

Section 5(4) gives nurses the ability to detain someone in hospital for up to 6 hours.

Section 5(2) gives doctors the ability to detain someone in hospital for up to 72 hours, during which time you should receive an assessment that decides if further detention under the Mental Health Act is necessary

Upvote 0
B

BrokenUK

Jan 23, 2024
This is absolute torture, they tried to make me eat but thats one thing that they cant control

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
Legal kidnapping, the fact you are here demonstrates your resolve.

It says section 5 is a public order act on wiki, though, did you 'disturb the peace' or something?

The UK is a joke, pretends to care about freedom but does this regularly lol, hate that country, although mine is exactly the same if not worse.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, TheDruBo and BrokenUK
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry you have to go through this. This is an inhumane treatment.

Upvote 0
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
You must have told them you were going to CTB, otherwise they won't care.

Tell them what they want to hear and you will be home for bed time.

UK does nothing for suicide prevention or recovery, the NHS has no resources or people for either.

Reactions: TheDruBo and divinemistress36
Upvote 0