S

stellaburner

May 1, 2023
ok so i wanted a method that would allow me to change my mind if i immediately regretted it so i came up with the following:
first, numb the shit out of my legs and take pain killers. second, cut my legs enough for me to die from bleeding but do it horizontally so i have time to change my mind.
is this a good enough plan? anyone have other ideas?

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
How do you plan to numb your legs? Seems like a decent plan though if you are going for femoral artery. I've read about a surgeon who did what you're describing, anesthesised his leg and cut the artery. It was probably painless. Also what do you plan on cutting with? Razors would be too small as the artery is pretty deep, I think scalpels would work
If you're unsure if you can cut that deep it might be worth trying to go for radial artery near the wrist. Though this method often fails, but with numbing it could potentially work better

Reactions: stellaburner
S

stellaburner

May 1, 2023
How do you plan to numb your legs? Seems like a decent plan though if you are going for femoral artery. I've read about a surgeon who did what you're describing, anesthesised his leg and cut the artery. It was probably painless. Also what do you plan on cutting with? Razors would be too small as the artery is pretty deep, I think scalpels would work
If you're unsure if you can cut that deep it might be worth trying to go for radial artery near the wrist. Though this method often fails, but with numbing it could potentially work better
i don't know what id use for numbing, probably just whatever i can find at my pharmacy. as for the blade i'm using, i don't think i can get a scalpel. i'm probably just going to use a box cutter or random kitchen knife.

nicotine_goblin

nicotine_goblin

Student
Aug 28, 2023
i don't know what id use for numbing, probably just whatever i can find at my pharmacy. as for the blade i'm using, i don't think i can get a scalpel. i'm probably just going to use a box cutter or random kitchen knife.
Maybe some kind of numbing gel would have some effect. Also while you're at the pharmacy you could get some aspirin, I took that for a week (3 a day) before my attempt, it thins out the blood and makes it coagulate less. Also how confident are you with cutting? To get to an artery you have to do a lot of damage
With this method it's about as lethal as you make it. But it's quite difficult to pull off

• Informative
Reactions: SymphonysofAgony
BoredomSeeker

BoredomSeeker

"A black light bulb. The repression of an idea."
May 25, 2023
...Have you considered other methods? Cutting is known to have a pretty low success rate in part because your body is more resilient than you might realise, and because of the ludicrous willpower it takes. I doubt you could just get something strong enough from the pharmacy to numb your legs enough for this to work, and if you did, you'd still have to get over the mental barrier. If you haven't, I'd recommend reading the methods megathread.

Reactions: nicotine_goblin
S

SadShroomie

Oct 1, 2023
If you hit an artery you will die within minutes. I suggest having a tourniquet on hand, and look up how to use it because if you don't know it won't work (there's no guarantee it will work anyways if you hit said artery)
If you hit an artery you will die within minutes. I suggest having a tourniquet on hand, and look up how to use it because if you don't know it won't work (there's no guarantee it will work anyways if you hit said artery)

Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
That seems like a bad method honestly. If you fuck up you will be legless for life, theres better methods out there.

Reactions: finishLana and nicotine_goblin