J

JacobsCracker

Mar 16, 2020
Hi folks,

Does anybody know the legal implications or investigations done by Police in the UK of people mentioned in a suicide note and being contributors towards your CTB? These include family and work, people who caused direct trauma, people who bullied, and one person who basically asked me if I'd ever thought about CTB in their horrid abuse. Would that count as encouragment without direct evidence, but perhaps count when the bigger picture of their behaviour is taken into account?

I'm not in school or that age, I'm taking workplace and family. Things may have been documented formally at the time or discussed in therapy.

Thanks a lot.

PhilosOfDoom

PhilosOfDoom

Experienced
Nov 22, 2019
Depends. In England, and Wales the Suicide Act applies, which can be found here; http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Eliz2/9-10/60/section/2. The next provision specifies the meaning or criterion for encouragement/assistance. I'm not familiar with UK reactions to suicide notes, and whether or not they investigate and/or interrogate people. Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable can give advice. If you reside in N Ireland, or Scotland let me know, I can probably find legislature on it. Good luck.

Reactions: autumnal
Quarky00

Quarky00

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2019
Hi folks,

Does anybody know the legal implications or investigations done by Police in the UK of people mentioned in a suicide note and being contributors towards your CTB? These include family and work, people who caused direct trauma, people who bullied, and one person who basically asked me if I'd ever thought about CTB in their horrid abuse. Would that count as encouragment without direct evidence, but perhaps count when the bigger picture of their behaviour is taken into account?

I'm not in school or that age, I'm taking workplace and family. Things may have been documented formally at the time or discussed in therapy.

Thanks a lot.
It's not "encouragement" but proper old school bullying , which will be investigated .

If you want it investigated , send everything to a trust worthy journalist as well , before you ctb , using a delayed email ( so you can abort it if you don't ctb )

It is unlikely to result in charges for anyone (UK does not pursue bullying; US does). Sadly . But they will be questioned .

I encourage people to speak out and complain about their abuse . :heart: (Sadly it is ignored many times)

Reactions: killedbypsychiatry and autumnal
Jumping_realms

Jumping_realms

★☆★ ☠️★☆★
Jul 4, 2021
I don't think I would waste my time.

It wouldn't do me any good after I CTB, as to what's going on in other's lives. Terrible or otherwise.

They can die in a house fire or win the lotto, but I will not be conscious to feel a single emotion of their (mis)fortune.