Fakereality

Fakereality

Student
Aug 4, 2021
For me it would be the Legend of the Galactic Heroes ova the way it tackles so many different subjects beautifully through the use of its two equally charismatic and conflicted protagonists and various other characters really added so much depth into it.

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, ghost_, Panna and 1 other person
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Lord of the Flies. Like everybody else, I was assigned this book in school and didn't expect much. I have not yet found another purely fictional story that so well captures mankind's capacity for cruelty as this one. I am open to suggestions. I am not well-read by any stretch.

As far as its impact on me, maybe I am cheating here because it did not really change my outlook on life. It was less like seeing through a telescope and more like gazing into a mirror. I would have liked to speak to Golding were he still alive. That book is so much more than an allegory about war.

Reactions: odradek, ghost_, littlelungs and 1 other person
bascketKase

bascketKase

fairy lights in a darkened sky
Nov 15, 2021
definitely matrix... it kind of made me think about our reality and got me into this line of though

• Love
Reactions: ascetic_, pthnrdnojvsc and LONE WOLF.
DoodleBug

DoodleBug

Just a guy passing by
Dec 9, 2019
It depends on the media, but theres a lot of things to choose from. A good piece of art teases some parts of the brain for a while, making the blight of ctb thoughts a Tiny bit more bearable. I havent really read much for the past 3 months, though xd.

Movies: Synecdoche, New York.
Tv shows: Mr Robot
Books: Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
Games: elf-evident Disco Elysium ;d

Its not like ive felt like a completely changed Man after consuming those titles or that I'm necessarily sophisticsted. Nevertheless i cant stop thinking about them and tend to often overfixate while mentioning them, heh.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Generation War. No matter what side you are on, you'll be fucked up really bad, and all because of the power hungry elites. I think that the next world war we should send the elites to fight instead of young people with dreams and goals ahead.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Best book l've ever read. Liked it so much l paid £70 for a 1st print Hardback 51BcRlJTM3L SL500 2 on eBay!

deathLiberation

deathLiberation

Student
Oct 31, 2021
All the dystopian futurology stuff.
And i now i hope i havent read them because i cant get back to my old self.

Not even going to name them, but most known stuff...

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Religious text that made me scared of Hell. :ahhha:

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Probably the most influential piece of media for shaping my opinions has been South Park, which probably isn't a good thing but oh well.

WrongPlaceWrongTime

WrongPlaceWrongTime

Better never to have been
Jul 4, 2021
Planet of the Apes (1968)

Great to see someone else who has watched LOGH.

• Love
Reactions: $nowLeopard
ascetic_

ascetic_

Metaphysically Homeless
Aug 28, 2021
0*ZFj2qaJpSFV2LKkH.jpg

True Detective. Rust Cohle had me in a chokehold for like two years straight.