• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
If anyone here has ever inhaled N20, you probably know what a transcendent experience it can offer.

The feeling of inhaling N20 seems very qualitatively similar to me in reports of "Nitrogen Narcosis" experienced by human divers who descend into the higher-pressure depths. Nitrogen narcosis isn't caused by N20, but rather simply nitrogen gas, which our lungs absorb more of when exposed to increased barometric pressure. The intoxicating effect of nitrogen on deep-sea divers was commonly known as "the rapture of the depths" because of the magical (but quite deadly!) stupor that would befall its victims.

I have a source for a full N tank. My question, which I have already searched for an answer to no avail, is this: Can I expect similar effects from inhaling N as I get from N20? If I knew where to get big tank of N20 I would prefer it, but if the normal nitrogen gas has similar effects, than that would be a nice plus.

I've read elsewhere that it "isn't psychoactive" but the notion of nitrogen narcosis seems to suggest otherwise. Can anyone clear up or compare the subjective effects of these two substances? Does anyone even know?

N3UR0T1C

N3UR0T1C

Jul 13, 2019
Nitrogen narcosis has more to do with the pressure differential than the chemical makeup of the gas, as basically all gasses will cause narcosis under high pressure. You wouldn't experience true narcosis, but you would likely have some degree of euphoria due to oxygen deprivation. Nitrous Oxide is directly psychoactive, caused by its chemical makeup.

• Informative
Reactions: QueerMelancholy and Not A Fan
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
When I was a teenager a long time ago we used to steal the big N2O tanks from hospitals. They're the dark blue ones. Green ones oxygen. Idk what the light blue ones are. Is there a medical use for nitrogen gas. N2O is used for anesthesia.

• Wow
Reactions: Not A Fan
Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024
When I was a teenager a long time ago we used to steal the big N2O tanks from hospitals. They're the dark blue ones. Green ones oxygen. Idk what the light blue ones are. Is there a medical use for nitrogen gas. N2O is used for anesthesia.
I have heard of people doing this but found it hard to imagine how it would be possible. It seems like the kind of thing that would be stored securely, and if anyone saw some kid hauling that tank down the hallway, it would be all over. It's amazing the kind of things we used to be able to get away with! I bet it would be entirely impossible to make such an acquisition in the year 2024. What would be even more impossible? Buying one with money. :notsure:

You can still buy packs of those little "whipped cream chargers" or "whippits" on Amazon. They're tiny though. Just based on what it feels like, I can say it would definitely be my preferred method to CTB. It feels so... inviting. Definitely would take care of any anxiety and inhibit SI. Ego loss prior to unconsciousness... intense feelings of awe, wonder and timelessness... Nitrogen narcosis experienced by divers has been described in strikingly similar terms, hence my question. Turns out it just a coincidence, however. N2 doesn't have any psychoactive properties. Not like it really matters, if done properly it'll be over in a matter of seconds.

DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
I don't think it would be all that easy ctb with nitrous oxide. Definitely not whip its gonna do it. But we stole many of the big blue tanks back in the day for party time. Imagine the rush u get from a whip it x infinity. I don't know if it could be done the same way today. Stealing them. We used to take em off the loading docks behind hospitals. I haven't tried since I was a teenager.
I don't think it would be all that easy ctb with nitrous oxide. Definitely not whip its gonna do it. But we stole many of the big blue tanks back in the day for party time. Imagine the rush u get from a whip it x infinity. I don't know if it could be done the same way today. Stealing them. We used to take em off the loading docks behind hospitals. I haven't tried since I was a teenager.
I'm 21st century technology challenged and didn't mean to duplicate that. And sometimes it's the phone's fault. Not mine

Last edited:
Not A Fan

Not A Fan

don't avoid the void
Jun 22, 2024

I'm 21st century technology challenged and didn't mean to duplicate that. And sometimes it's the phone's fault. Not mine
Yeah not with whippits... but if I could get a big container I would be elated. There have been several recent (past few years) cases of people accidentally dying while using a large tank. Apparently some people attached their tanks to sealed masks, passed out and died. Only problem was, these people were not suicidal. As a result, you cannot purchase such a tank with money and stealing one is the only way to obtain. But presumably they are much more closely guarded now than in the past, and there are cameras everywhere anyway.

They do sell these larger 4liter canisters on Amazon, which is actually surprising esp. considering how they are branded lol. Still way too small for CTB use.

(If I am not allowed to post that link I apologize and will remove it)