bov

bov

Arcanist
Aug 26, 2020
Curious as to why no one on this site seems to want to acquire Seconal?

Checkmate3

Checkmate3

Student
Aug 15, 2020
It's probably as hard to get as Nembutal.

Reactions: peacefulhorizons and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
From what I've read when previously researching barbiturates as a method, it's not as reliable. I recall that one can sleep for days and wake up. Of course do your own research, don't take my word for it. I'm not motivated to go searching to support my claim since I've moved on from interest in it, but at the time this was the lasting impression that stopped me from considering pursuing it.

SleepyTime

SleepyTime

Oct 10, 2019
I think the problem with Seconal is that if it is available it is too expensive. If I remember the exact chain of events, it was originally used by some states to carry out death sentences. So there was push back on the drug companies that didn't want their products used to carry out death sentences. And then after states in the U.S. approved assisted suicide the cost shot up when the drug was sold to Valeant. The cost of the prescription for the 100 capsules skyrocketed to $3,500 and up. So that is when doctors started coming up with the various cocktails that they currently prescribe for assisted suicide (DDMP2 and DDMA). Because if one could get Seconal it was thousands of dollars versus the cost of the various drugs in the cocktails that is around $500.

And this is the legal market in the U.S., don't know how the pricing is in other countries - or what the black market cost would be.

Reactions: Mud.