• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Painless_end

Painless_end

Life is too difficult for me
Oct 11, 2019
An unsolicited word of advice to everyone here. The MBTI means absolutely nothing in the real world. Contrary to typecasting, an INFP can be a hard headed taskmaster boss or CEO and an ENTJ can be a wishy washy emotional person also depending on their emotional frame of mind and current circumstances. Take it from someone who is an INFP and used to think that the MBTI is accurate and applies to all real world scenarios. It absolutely does not.

Please ignore MBTI like you ignore horoscopes and focus on your purest internal emotions and real problems. Just close your eyes, and look inside.

C

Crinia99

Student
Oct 10, 2023
An unsolicited word of advice to everyone here. The MBTI means absolutely nothing in the real world. Contrary to typecasting, an INFP can be a hard headed taskmaster boss or CEO and an ENTJ can be a wishy washy emotional person also depending on their emotional frame of mind and current circumstances. Take it from someone who is an INFP and used to think that the MBTI is accurate and applies to all real world scenarios. It absolutely does not.

Please ignore MBTI like you ignore horoscopes and focus on your purest internal emotions and real problems. Just close your eyes, and look inside.
I know it is a very broad generalisation, but it personally helped give me some insights into my own life and problems.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
MBTI is not considered to be a reliable way to test for personality and wasn't even created by psychologists. It was created by two women with no background in psychology or any adjacent field. So even if there were to be a correlation between MBTI and suicide (which there likely isn't) it wouldn't mean anything.

Maybe but don't you think it's interesting most people here are likely introverts? (I imagine...) I'd say we also have more victims here rather than bullies. Are introverts more likely to be victims? I think they're less likely to stand up for themselves certainly.

Also, what makes you think psychologists are an authority? Does anyone even know what consciousness is yet? Can they diagnose mental illness even with absolute confidence? All seems a bit wishy washy to me as well! Ok- MBTI may seem more like a magazine quiz. But still- depression is often diagnosed following a questionnaire! Worse- we get prescribed mind altering drugs after filling that one out! I wish I did have more faith in psychology/psychiatry.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Maybe but don't you think it's interesting most people here are likely introverts? (I imagine...) I'd say we also have more victims here rather than bullies. Are introverts more likely to be victims? I think they're less likely to stand up for themselves certainly.

Also, what makes you think psychologists are an authority? Does anyone even know what consciousness is yet? Can they diagnose mental illness even with absolute confidence? All seems a bit wishy washy to me as well! Ok- MBTI may seem more like a magazine quiz. But still- depression is often diagnosed following a questionnaire! Worse- we get prescribed mind altering drugs after filling that one out! I wish I did have more faith in psychology/psychiatry.
Um, we are on an online forum. Introverts tenerally tend to hangout in online spaces more in comparison to extroverts. Also, this is a suicide forum. Of course you are going to have more victims than bullies, though it is important to note that people are likely to aware of and share the times they have been wronged than they are to be aware of and share the times they have hurt others. Also, this observation applies to most parts of the internet. If you go under most youtube comment sections you are more likely to find people claiming to be victims in comparison to admitting to be bullies. There isn't anything interesting about that observation.

Being introverted also has nothing to do with your likelihood of standing up for yourself. That likely has more to do with factors, such as home life and the school environment. Children who come from homes where they feel safe and are able to tell their parents about whats happening to them and who go to schools with strict anti-bullying policies are probably going to be more likely to stand up for themsleves on average since they have the resources and support needed to do so. A disproportionate amount of people on this forum come from dysfunctional and abusive households and likely went to schools that created an environment for bullying to blossom, so of course there are going to be a lot of people on here who've never stood up for themselves.

Psychologists are the "authority" in this case because we are talking about a personality test that has been studied and is considered to be unreliable. Who do you think are people who research this kind of stuff? Who do you think are the ones responsible for trying to create accurate ways to measure personality? Depression being diagnosed using a questionairre also doesn't mean anything. That doesn't prove that the MBTI is reliable all of a sudden. Research on the test shows that it isn't a good means to test for personality traits, especially in comparison to some of the other personality tests that exist today, such as the MMPI, SWAP-II, or Big-5.

Also, psychologists aren't the ones who prescribe drugs. It's psychiatrists who prescribe drugs. It should also be noted that the psychologists who are doing research on these personality tests are researcher psychologists, not clinical psychologists. Unlike clincal psychologists, researcher psychologists, at the very least, actually have an understanding of the scientific method when it comes to research. They are also the ones to sometimes call out clinical psychologists on their bs. While they aren't great, they are generally a bit more honest and trustworthy in comparison to clinical psychologists and psychiatrists.

struggles_inc

struggles_inc

šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
Jun 24, 2023
ENTJ.
MBTI is just fun. I don't see a problem with it.

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
I'm an INTP apparently according to the test. Quite few of these on here I see.

Reactions: sserafim
L

Ligottian

Warlock
Dec 19, 2021
ISTJ. According to a test i took in my shrink's office years ago.

Hitakiri

Hitakiri

Melancholy
Mar 20, 2023
INTJ Enneagram type 5, so the tests I have taken say. Seems to be a connection with mostly introverts, there is a lot of loneliness and isolation.
I'm an INTJ as well, not sure about Enneagram. Introversion can be decimating in many ways. Not only the loneliness and isolation, but also the lack of well developed social skills and the fact everyone seems to misunderstand/use you for one thing or another. On a side note, it's nice to see you around again, I didn't expect it. I intended to avoid this site for awhile, but have had too many deaths from friends and family this year, and my relationship suddenly crashed and burned yesterday, so here I am I guess.

• Love
Reactions: sorrowful
sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
I'm an INTJ as well, not sure about Enneagram. Introversion can be decimating in many ways. Not only the loneliness and isolation, but also the lack of well developed social skills and the fact everyone seems to misunderstand/use you for one thing or another. On a side note, it's nice to see you around again, I didn't expect it. I intended to avoid this site for awhile, but have had too many deaths from friends and family this year, and my relationship suddenly crashed and burned yesterday, so here I am I guess.
I am on and off this site. Mostly I am lacking the energy to post, but I'm still around.

Actually, just yesterday too I lost someone, not a relationship but someone I'd say was dear to me. Not even sure what I did, woke up after a nap to see I am removed everywhere. Debated trying to reach out to ask, but I think I should just let it be. Reminded me of why I do not seek out these things.

I'm sorry in our seeing each other again that things are not great, but it is lovely to hear something from you.

• Love
Reactions: Hitakiri
mlspwrt22

mlspwrt22

Jan 31, 2024
I'm either INTP or ENTP - not sure abt which one

Hitakiri

Hitakiri

Melancholy
Mar 20, 2023
I am on and off this site. Mostly I am lacking the energy to post, but I'm still around.

Actually, just yesterday too I lost someone, not a relationship but someone I'd say was dear to me. Not even sure what I did, woke up after a nap to see I am removed everywhere. Debated trying to reach out to ask, but I think I should just let it be. Reminded me of why I do not seek out these things.

I'm sorry in our seeing each other again that things are not great, but it is lovely to hear something from you.
It's funny, we've known each other for almost a year now. We met back in March last year, it's when I joined this site. I frequented the chat for awhile, met a lot of people, many of them aren't here now. I've made friends, had conversations, but you're the one I always felt I had the most in common with, and felt a connection to.

I understand all too well how it feels to wake up and be blocked on everything by someone who was dear to you. You don't even end up blaming them, you blame yourself. "What if I was too much? What if I wasn't enough? Was I annoying? Too distant?" We become the metaphorical hanged man, bearing the burden of guilt, simply because it's easier for us to carry it. It preserves the fond memories of those we cared for who left.

I'd love to talk more with you more sometime, if you're okay with that? I'd tried sending a message here/discord a few months back, but I wasn't sure if any ever reached you. Given the UK regulations that banned the site there, and the troubles back then with the hospital and death of your grandmother, I thought you might not still be alive. I'm really glad you are.

sserafim

sserafim

they say itā€™s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
I'm an INTP

SSamGarrison

SSamGarrison

Chickens.
Sep 9, 2023
ISTP, can't say I heavily identify with it though

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I've done it multiple times
I got
ISTP
INTP
INFJ