Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
What does recovery even mean?
Staying alive seems to be like chasing that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, it's merely fantasy and too far away.
All my friends are trying desperately to help me and keep me alive and I feel that I am being kind of disrespectful and even unappreciative towards their efforts. I am very fortunate to have a beautiful son who is in care and a few awesome friends.
One of which offered me her home to stay as long as I wanted.
For those who know my wreck of a life during the past couple of years will be familiar with some of the same shit that I say and even I am fed up with repeating myself.
With the court date about 5 weeks away until I find out if I get my boy back, this existence and uncertainty is and continues to break me. I have no appetite, do not want to do anything and feel my grip on life is slipping.
I don't know how long we are expected to live like this. With all the good intentions of any doctors or professionals, there has to be a will and proactive effort from ourselves but if u have nothing left to give or strength left, our struggles can be finally over by our own hand.
I only wish I could find my strength and even see a glimmer of hope but I am so sad and tired with this tug of war and the inner turmoil that is living between life and death.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Baskol1, DownFall, HGL91 and 7 others
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
What you're going through sounds so emotionally painful. To wait those 5 weeks must feel like eternity. :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Lara Francis and Baskol1
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I'm really sorry you're going through this. I know the feeling of seeing everyone worried and trying to help you but you can't be helped. I thought I had it bad when nobody cared but it was a million times more devastating when I had friends who just wanted me to get better and I knew I couldn't.

Your best bet for these 5 weeks is probably to distract yourself enough to make the waiting more tolerable. Do things that make you feel better in the moment and try not to look at the big picture whenever you can. I know it's easier said than done but just try as much as possible <3

• Hugs
Reactions: HGL91, Lara Francis and Baskol1