• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
I couldn't think of a prefix because I'm always venting.. going on and on.

My therapy starts tomorrow though. It's talking therapy and I chose telephone appointments for now.

I hope I get more confident. Then I will go for face to face appointments!

I thought therapy will give me a small routine. In my mind the appointment itself will be something to look forward to. Then I will get a job! I want to work so badly & be confident and focused y'know, so I can keep and hold down the job.

I also find it hard to believe I will actually find a partner again, I know I will as there is someone for everyone imo, that's if you want a relationship ofc.My confidence is so terribly low I tell myself there is no way in hell this person likes me!!! why? what? how? are the questions I ask myself. I'm fed up with this low confidence, anxiety, lack of motivation, mixed with disassociation.

I WILL FEEL INDEPENDENT, I WILL BE CONFIDENT, I WILL FIND A JOB, I WILL GO ON A DATE, I WILL FIND A LOVING PARTNER!

Well... let's see how therapy goes
lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Mirrory Me, Zazacosta, ConfusedClouds and 2 others
Zazacosta

Zazacosta

Student
Apr 29, 2024
Good luck! Do not rush things, take your time. I hope you recover in the therapy and find a job!

• Love
Reactions: raindrops
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Good luck! Do not rush things, take your time. I hope you recover in the therapy and find a job!
thank you for your kind words
i must be honest i rearrange it for next monday
i was too anxious to speak out loud about things, they understood but i feel terrible for rearranging.

Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

"Life's a mirror, but 'whose' mirror?"
Mar 23, 2023
Wishing you the best. ^^

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
C

ConfusedClouds

Experienced
Mar 9, 2024
thank you for your kind words
i must be honest i rearrange it for next monday
i was too anxious to speak out loud about things, they understood but i feel terrible for rearranging.
That's ok to rearrange if it worked you up too much and I'm glad they were understanding for you. It is a big step, especially if you haven't tried therapy before (I assume you havent on the way you have worded your posts, apologies if this is incorrect).

The first session is not likely to go too 'deep' or intrusive (unless you want to), they are more likely to see what you are confident or comfortable saying and ask questions and guide you. They also know that you need to get to know how they work so they can't just dive straight in blindly. Then you both will have a sense of how best to take/approach things for session 2 etc.
There's no rush to any of it. Good luck with it