JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020
He was 31. He fell..hit his head, passed out. I've often wondered if he suffered at all. I also kinda want to go like he did...by drowning. I just wonder if it's a horrible way to die. I would swim until completely tired and just take a deep breathe of water. I don't want to suffer tho. So my question is would I? Anyone know? Obviously none of you can give a definite answer...but has anyone researched it enough to give me some info on this method? I did read that after one good breathe it's peaceful, however that was only one source where I got that info. Anyone here tried it? I have suffered with losing him for 8 long years. I want to see him again. (I believe in life after death). Plz no judgement. This world has become dark and pointless without my child. I suffer with PTSD. Just started medical marijuana a few weeks ago. If anything, it makes it worse! I want to believe my son went peacefully. There was an alligator right beside him when he was found. Left me with horrendous nightmares all these yrs. I was thinking of hanging, but afraid I'd F it up somehow. Sorry for the long post. If anyone has any info on suicide by drowning plz share. If it's not even doable plz share those thoughts too. I'm just lost in this world. I HATE my life!!!!

• Aww..
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: CKPDal, TimeToBiteTheDust, NekoNomNom and 26 others
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I am heart sorry for your agony. I am grieving too. It hurts like hell. I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions but I needed to reach out to you with my love.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: No_more, Flump and Secrets1
JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020
I am heart sorry for your agony. I am grieving too. It hurts like hell. I'm sorry I can't answer any of your questions but I needed to reach out to you with my love.
Thank you so much! ❤

F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
You are welcome. Grief is a very lonely, dark place. I never thought I would experience pain like it. I guess i'm just trying to be a flicker of candle light in what is a very dark place for you.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing and JustovertheBS
JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020
It's a dreadful place now on this earth. A friend of mine just OD'd on pain pills and I actually envy him.

Reactions: Good4Nothing and Meditation guide
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
It's a dreadful place now on this earth. A friend of mine just OD'd on pain pills and I actually envy him.
I took a huge OD and was on life support for 48 hours and in ICU for 2 weeks. I so nearly made it. I get it, truly.
I'm going offline now, but you are in my heart.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: JustovertheBS
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
He was 31. He fell..hit his head, passed out. I've often wondered if he suffered at all. I also kinda want to go like he did...by drowning. I just wonder if it's a horrible way to die. I would swim until completely tired and just take a deep breathe of water. I don't want to suffer tho. So my question is would I? Anyone know? Obviously none of you can give a definite answer...but has anyone researched it enough to give me some info on this method? I did read that after one good breathe it's peaceful, however that was only one source where I got that info. Anyone here tried it? I have suffered with losing him for 8 long years. I want to see him again. (I believe in life after death). Plz no judgement. This world has become dark and pointless without my child. I suffer with PTSD. Just started medical marijuana a few weeks ago. If anything, it makes it worse! I want to believe my son went peacefully. There was an alligator right beside him when he was found. Left me with horrendous nightmares all these yrs. I was thinking of hanging, but afraid I'd F it up somehow. Sorry for the long post. If anyone has any info on suicide by drowning plz share. If it's not even doable plz share those thoughts too. I'm just lost in this world. I HATE my life!!!!
That's a very sad story and I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. As a father I can imagine how hard it probably was for you. No one is going to judge you here either.

As to the method of drowning I've also heard that if you breathe it in then it's quick. There is also a technique here called Shallow Water Blackout.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shallow-water-blackout.4315/

Please consider all options before doing anything drastic though. We have resources for recovery here as well. Best of luck to you in whatever you endeavor.

• Hugs
Reactions: Whoa Whoa Yeah Yeah, Deleted member 14573 and less than
E

Elbarado

Experienced
Dec 25, 2019
I feel sorry for you, thats a sad story :(
i cant even imagine what you went through and how you suffer, but i hope you will find another option than kill yourself. I dont think your son want you to leave this world :(

I cant say how drowning is exactly but i can tell you how it is to swim till exhauting. I had to swim for 6,5 hours after a canoe accident on a great lake in sweden. the water was cold , 19 degree. I had to swim to the shore. and i can tell you its not a pleasant feeling to get more and more exhausted and i was near giving up, but i had the goal to reach the shore. I swallowed often a bit of water as i got more and more exhausted. Well its not pleasant and its not peaceful to be surrounded by water. Under no circumstances i wanted to drown

Reactions: Good4Nothing, Aliali1992 and JustovertheBS
JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020
That's a very sad story and I'm incredibly sorry for your loss. As a father I can imagine how hard it probably was for you. No one is going to judge you here either.

As to the method of drowning I've also heard that if you breathe it in then it's quick. There is also a technique here called Shallow Water Blackout.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/shallow-water-blackout.4315/

Please consider all options before doing anything drastic though. We have resources for recovery here as well. Best of luck to you in whatever you endeavor.
Thank you SO much for this. Seems rather simple.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brick In The Wall
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I see you have been hurting. I too have my medical card and it relieves a great amount Of ptsd but it's only temporary relief

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
im so sorry for your lost and that you have been suffering all of these years. as much as i hope you find peace in the living world i can also understand why that may be difficult.

i have been using weed for a few years now and while it does make some problems worse it also makes life a little bit more bearable in some aspects. have you tried different strains or methods? i personally use sativa and/or CBD and i prefer a rolled one but pipes can be smoother depending on the one you get. im currently trying out edibles but i havent decided about them yet.

JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020
im so sorry for your lost and that you have been suffering all of these years. as much as i hope you find peace in the living world i can also understand why that may be difficult.

i have been using weed for a few years now and while it does make some problems worse it also makes life a little bit more bearable in some aspects. have you tried different strains or methods? i personally use sativa and/or CBD and i prefer a rolled one but pipes can be smoother depending on the one you get. im currently trying out edibles but i havent decided about them yet.
You use edibles? I mean, can you describe the feeling. I'm looking for MELLOW...LOL.
Do you want to commit suicide, or did you decide to live for your children?
I want to suicide...yes!

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
That's a rough situation you're in, sorry to hear it.

• Aww..
JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020
I am so sorry for the loss of your son. I see you have been hurting. I too have my medical card and it relieves a great amount Of ptsd but it's only temporary relief
Yep, medical marijuana helps temporarily only!! Like putting a bandaid on a sore...temporary...then bam..bs again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brokenwithbpd
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
You use edibles? I mean, can you describe the feeling. I'm looking for MELLOW...LOL.

no. its something i take after im already high. but if youre looking for mellow. try an indica heavy hybrid. im not sure how its going to work for you. all indica does is make me sleep lol

JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020
I've heard of Indica. I'll try to get some.

Reactions: Life_and_Death
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
I'm so sorry for your loss, I too know the pain of losing a child - it is a grief that one never truly learns to bear.

I've also experienced what it feels like to drown whilst conscious. It's difficult to describe, but the onset was very sudden, first of all, there was the flash of panic and thrashing around. I didn't know how to tread water and so I went straight under and inhaled one or two medium-sized breaths, each brought the most excruciating burning and crushing pressure to my chest - words could barely describe it. The pain was accompanied by the drowning response, automatically my head tipped back and I began to try to push myself back up out of the water using anything around (including the water itself).

A friend of mine had swum past not realising that I was in trouble and instinctively (with no conscious knowledge) I pushed down on his head to lift myself out of the water, he was under the water for five or ten seconds at least before he wriggled free of my grip and helped me back to the side of the pool. I wouldn't recommend conscious drowning to anybody, but as posited above, shallow water drowning (using breathing techniques) is painless if performed correctly.

It's one of my backup methods and I've successfully tested it both passing out then entering the water and passing out using the same techniques on land and measuring the time taken to regain consciousness - in my case, both have indicated it to be a sound method but I would advise doing your own research.

Again, if CTB is the path you have chosen, and you are sure of it - then research and preparation are key. Sometimes just having the option to CTB "if things get too much" can make a big difference to the burden you feel from day to day.

JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020

Hey about the edibles. Are the ones you can order online any good? Or do I just need to ask my Dr.?

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Hey about the edibles. Are the ones you can order online any good? Or do I just need to ask my Dr.?
where do you live and i can see what i can find for you.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Reactions: Soul and JustovertheBS
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Last edited:
rhiino

rhiino

Arcanist
May 13, 2020
@JustovertheBS Better edit the post and delete the exact location.

Reactions: peacefulhorizons
JustovertheBS

JustovertheBS

Jul 2, 2020
Reactions: Life_and_Death
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@JustovertheBS, I'm sorry you're suffering. A friend of mine died exactly the way your son did, at about the same age ... I want to wrap my coat around all of us, to comfort us and keep us safe.

Regarding drowning, one forum member wrote this very detailed account:
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/drowning-my-method.17545/#post-332956

Please don't rush into anything, and consider all your options.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 14573 and AnxietyAttack44
G

GrassFields

May 11, 2020
My deepest condolences on the loss of your son. I'm a father of 2 and I know my kids have been the reason I've tried my best at fighting my illness tooth and nail. They're what help push me onwards on the difficult days when I can't get out of bed. My heart goes out to you :heart:

• Love
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
i'm so sorry for you're loss. i can't ever imagine how you feel and i really hope you find some level of peace someday.

take care.

• Love