GlutenFreeCat

GlutenFreeCat

You're gonna carry that weight.
Dec 6, 2023
January 6th, 2024 is the day I'm planning to ctb. Gonna take a camping trip to my favorite spot starting on the 2nd and spend the last week of my life enjoying the last thing that gives me some kind of satisfaction.

I'm going to spend the week hiking my favorite trails and cleaning them up as best I can so future hikers can enjoy them as much as I did. Then, on the last day, I'm going to watch the sunset before shooting myself in the head with my shotgun.

I'm grossly excited about this. It's like I've finally found something to look forward to.. it's strangely calming and motivating.

Kinda wish I could take someone with me but that wouldn't be very considerate of me since I'm not planning on leaving the park. Well not as a whole person anyway.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SenseOfLoss, blacksand, Hansy and 1 other person
ADeadBunny

ADeadBunny

🪦 July 20th, 2003 - January 8th, 2024
Nov 19, 2023
I understand how you feel. I've felt like that when I had solid plans to ctb. Too bad I was never successful. I've got a new plan and I feel so suffocated that I can't leave just yet.

I hope you find what you're looking for, friend. I wish you nothing but peace.

• Love
Reactions: GlutenFreeCat
GlutenFreeCat

GlutenFreeCat

Dec 6, 2023
I understand how you feel. I've felt like that when I had solid plans to ctb. Too bad I was never successful. I've got a new plan and I feel so suffocated that I can't leave just yet.

I hope you find what you're looking for, friend. I wish you nothing but peace.
Thanks for the kind words.

This is my second solid plan(first attempt ended horribly. Spent 4 days in ICU and then 2 weeks in a psyche ward) and I'm hoping I'll actually be able to make the trip. Still finalizing the logistics but I feel like I have plenty of time to get everything ready.

• Hugs
Reactions: blacksand and ADeadBunny
兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
It sounds like a nice way to go, and I hope it gives you peace. I'm sorry life has brought you to this place.

That being said, have you given a thought to calling the rangers before you do it? I'd imagine it would be very traumatic if some poor campers stumbled on a decomposing shotgun suicide while out for a hike.

Reactions: GlutenFreeCat
GlutenFreeCat

GlutenFreeCat

Dec 6, 2023
It sounds like a nice way to go, and I hope it gives you peace. I'm sorry life has brought you to this place.

That being said, have you given a thought to calling the rangers before you do it? I'd imagine it would be very traumatic if some poor campers stumbled on a decomposing shotgun suicide while out for a hike.
The park I'm planning on going to is massive, ~1500 square miles, and the campsite I'll be at isn't accessible by vehicle. It's a 2 hour drive from the park entrance to the trailhead and then another 2ish hours of hiking before I get to the campsite. The spot I'm planning to ctb at is very remote. And not near any trails/campsites. Very likely my body won't be found for weeks if not months. By then, I'll be picked to bones by scavengers.

I thought about it but I don't think rangers would let me camp if they new my intentions. It isn't ideal for whoever, if anyone, finds my remains but it won't be as traumatizing as walking up on a fresh shotgun suicide.

Also, no cell service

兎の耳

兎の耳

The ghost of a girl who never lived.
Aug 3, 2023
The park I'm planning on going to is massive, ~1500 square miles, and the campsite I'll be at isn't accessible by vehicle. It's a 2 hour drive from the park entrance to the trailhead and then another 2ish hours of hiking before I get to the campsite. The spot I'm planning to ctb at is very remote. And not near any trails/campsites. Very likely my body won't be found for weeks if not months. By then, I'll be picked to bones by scavengers.

I thought about it but I don't think rangers would let me camp if they new my intentions. It isn't ideal for whoever, if anyone, finds my remains but it won't be as traumatizing as walking up on a fresh shotgun suicide.

Also, no cell service
I see. I suppose I've put too much thought into how I'll be found. I want to set a dead man's switch to message a trusted friend after a few days to call 911 and turn off the heat and open the windows to let the midwestern winter in so I'm not rotten when they find me and there's minimal cleanup. I feel like such an inconvenience to everyone in life that I don't want to be one in death.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck with your plans. I hope it brings you the peace you need.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wish you the best and I hope that you find the freedom you search for.

stoiccactus

stoiccactus

somehow still here
Mar 24, 2022
God speed. You're going to make some coyote, bear, or vulture (or all three) very happy