• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

ToughLife

Oct 24, 2021
Hi I am new here, I am setting up a Sundstrom half-face respirator using a plastic reservoir bag, it works like a NRB mask but the intake and exhaust valves on the respirator seal much better. Since I don't need extra nitrogen to flush out exhaled CO2 as in the exit bag method, can I set the nitrogen rate down to 10 lpm from 15 lpm?
I don't see a lot of discussions about using respirator, is it better than exit bag? Your comments are welcome.
Here are some pics:

Attachments

• IMG_20211026_121913.jpg
    IMG_20211026_121913.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20211026_121952.jpg
    IMG_20211026_121952.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
T

ToughLife

Oct 24, 2021
I have some concerns. Since the nitrogen is flowing in constantly, when the reservoir bag is full and the nitrogen keeps coming in, the positive pressure will push open the intake and exhaust valves. When I breath in, would the exhaust valves still stay open due the pressure from the incoming nitrogen? As a result of the open exhaust valves, would the air from the atmosphere that contains oxygen be breathed in as well? Also due to the constant inflow of nitrogen the intake valve stays open, would my exhaled gas that contains CO2 go into the reservoir bag? Please help, I need to know if this will work. I need to ctb soon.

Last edited:
B

Banshee

Student
Oct 25, 2021
I have some concerns. Since the nitrogen is flowing in constantly, when the reservoir bag is full and the nitrogen keeps coming in, the positive pressure will push open the intake and exhaust valves. When I breath in, would the exhaust valves still stay open due the pressure from the incoming nitrogen? As a result of the open exhaust valves, would the air from the atmosphere that contains oxygen be breathed in as well? Also due to the constant inflow of nitrogen the intake valve stays open, would my exhaled gas that contains CO2 go into the reservoir bag? Please help, I need to know if this will work. I need to ctb soon.
Hard to say. I feel that the expelled gas and CO2 would take the path of less resistance, meaning the escape valve. And if that's the case, it could possibly function as you're looking for. Take that with a grain of salt.

T

ToughLife

Oct 24, 2021
Thanks @ScambledLiving. Anyone tested the respirator/NRB mask method? I couldn't find much information on this. I am so scared that this is not going to work.