• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Bread with milk

Bread with milk

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Now who will pay for the coke? XD I wish you luck

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Thank you Marquis, thank you.
Probably won't see this now.
But thank you for saving my life with this community and thank God its still here.
They may laugh at me for saying that but SS literally felt like a massive hug when I didn't have anyone around.
Yes good ol' hotlines, I had a terrible experience with the Samaritans, I wrote about that here too, so NYT shills if you're lurking, good. Read this and weep.

N

Nova

May 26, 2018
I've just read the NYT article. It's beyond terrible. It's like something out of 4Chan, but with less typos. Basically the whole "article" is a powerplay : " Oh look, there are people talking about commiting suicide on this forum. We have doxxed the founders, because we have the power to do it. Mwhahaha !! Bye bye" That is pretty much the content of the article.

Zero empathy with the suffering and pain of the people here. Zero intellectual courage to confront the issue of suicide frontally. Those pseudo-journalists are like children putting their fingers in their ears : "Nah Nah Nah ! I don't wanna hear about it. The world is just flying unicorns and rainbows ". And to preserve that illusion, they will avoid any serious adult discussion about the issue, and just shoot down anyone who dares to raise it. That's it. The pseudo-journalists just wanted to show the world that they can control what people should do with their lives, that they can control the discussion by shutting it down and looking the other way, while getting high on their own perceived "power", like the same 4chan trolls they pretend to despise.

Contrast this with the Vice article, a real piece of serious journalism. Even though it was critical towards SS, it had at least the intellectual courage to confront the issue of suicide frontally and honestly. It showed some empathy with the population of this website, tried to raise a real mature discussion about why there isn't any space in the "normal" web for people who need SS
She wrote about her worry about what people would think and do if she was honest about her thoughts. "But then I think: Isn't there middle ground between hypervigilance and complete secrecy?" she wrote. "What if we acknowledged the possibility of suicidality all around us, normalized asking and checking in? If people talked about feeling suicidal — not joked, as we've all started to do online, but really talked — as much as they talked about feeling depressed or anxious, would we finally be forced to see how common it is and start creating space for these conversations? Would it be the worst thing in the world if we started talking about not wanting to be alive, and what might help keep us here?"

The amateur bloggers ( they don't deserve to be called journalists) of the NYT piece are behind the times. They are as behind the times as the old anti-abortion activists. The whole article will backfire on them, and if anything happens to the founders of SS, all they will have achieved is turn them into new Julian Assange, as a poster noticed earlier in this thread.

houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
Thank you for your, dare i say, service. Thank you, thank you so much(((

R

ReluctantSeeker

Mar 5, 2021
Your website has extended my life for over 6 months at this point, thanks man. You'll be missed.
Reading this post, I realize the same is likely true for me. Being in a community of similar-minded, rational thinking people, exchanging thoughts and ideas, can itself be stabilizing, as it decreases the whole 'I have no idea what's out there, so I'm scared of the unknown' mentality. It helps you see things more rationally, as a whole.

M

MaskedMan12345

Jan 20, 2022
I am curious as to what laws did they break and how if anything can get to the courts. If anything since all the admins did was mostly provide information and whatever someone does with that information is on them. If someone kills themselves they made the individual choice to do it and no one forced them to do it so I don't see how they can make a case for murder unless I'm missing something.
Precisely. If one goes to the Internet Archive, (founded by the inventor of Alexa, and who gives a lot of money to media outlets), amd clicks on books, then "other collections, then scrolls down to "self-defense", as just one category, there's a huge amount of how-to manuals on homemade grenade launchers, C4, tons of Nazi propaganda and anti-Semitic tropes, germ warfare how-to, conversions of semi to full auto firearms, how to make silencers, how to assassinate, on and on and on. My point: that person who created the Internet Archive, and those admins who run it argue they're protected by the First Amendment, even though they are making available heinous material.

This site merely allows a non-judgmental "safe-space" for like-minded folks (alike philosophically). How is it that Mr. Alexa zillionaire can skate and continue to be a safe space for Nazis, and give them know-how, while this site only presents info. and also offers a form of what Carl Rogers would call "unconditional acceptance', one of essential cornerstones of Rogerian therapy? Absurd.

My hope would be that the ACLU would take this on, but with the Christian fascist Supreme Court, we have retrogressed significantly (if we ever truly made any progress whatsoever in the first place).

T

TheREALDisgustingMe

Jul 21, 2018
This place is full of caring people that are hurting, looking for someone to talk to, or looking for support in life.
Been a very long time since I last returned. Anyways, with the numerous people around here that I have seen who like to express to another that their reason/s why they wanted to end their lives are stupid, or that they defend and do not mind racist beliefs, thoughts, and actions against minorities that are so prevalent throughout this nation, I am inclined to disagree. It's really sad to see you go, but the numerous comments I have read around here made me stop coming to this place. The feelings of empathy towards the suicidal, I will never forget how much that made me feel, ever since this community initially existed on reddit, but there are just so much tolerance and allowance towards actual toxicity that contradict how much many people actually care about one another.

Last edited:
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
Precisely. If one goes to the Internet Archive, (founded by the inventor of Alexa, and who gives a lot of money to media outlets), amd clicks on books, then "other collections, then scrolls down to "self-defense", as just one category, there's a huge amount of how-to manuals on homemade grenade launchers, C4, tons of Nazi propaganda and anti-Semitic tropes, germ warfare how-to, conversions of semi to full auto firearms, how to make silencers, how to assassinate, on and on and on. My point: that person who created the Internet Archive, and those admins who run it argue they're protected by the First Amendment, even though they are making available heinous material.

This site merely allows a non-judgmental "safe-space" for like-minded folks (alike philosophically). How is it that Mr. Alexa zillionaire can skate and continue to be a safe space for Nazis, and give them know-how, while this site only presents info. and also offers a form of what Carl Rogers would call "unconditional acceptance', one of essential cornerstones of Rogerian therapy? Absurd.

My hope would be that the ACLU would take this on, but with the Christian fascist Supreme Court, we have retrogressed significantly (if we ever truly made any progress whatsoever in the first place).
Yes. This is a moral blind spot of society, and a double standard. "Zillionaire" is part of the reason. I would also like to see the ACLU take this on.

M

MaskedMan12345

Jan 20, 2022
Hello, members of the community.

Today, I announce my resignation as operator. By tomorrow, this account will be permanantly deleted and I won't have any access to the site, administrative permission, or anything to do with the backend.

Since Serge isn't involved with the site and I'm resigning too, I've spent the last week transferring everything over to the new operator, someone capable and trustworthy who you will get to know very soon. They will also be a familiar face around here, too.

I do not take this decision lightly, but in light of recent events, I believe that putting this community in the hands of someone I trust and who cares about this community is the right call. My mission and desire here has always been to make sure that everyone has the freedom to speak freely about issues around suicide and mental health, topics that you can't talk openly about anywhere else. I believe this site has done good in the world and I am certain that this community has saved countless lives. Many people may not believe that, and to them I say: Ask around, you'll be surprised.

The way the NYT has twisted the purpose of this community and the good that it has done has been very damaging to everyone. Not only did they make a transparent attempt to take this site down, but they did so in the most unethical and dishonest way possible.

This place is full of caring people that are hurting, looking for someone to talk to, or looking for support in life. We are not a cult, far from it. While it is true that many people come here during their darkest moments, myself included, my main intent has always been to make this place into somewhere people can talk about issues in their life, suicide included, without judgment or without being shoved off to a crisis hotline that doesn't care about their well being.

This community has brought me peace and solace, in the fact that before I started it, I was in a very dark time of my life myself.

Community support works, and I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this community. Although I have researched methods and at one point considered taking my own life, I was able to find some purpose and meaning in my life by being a part of this community. Thank you all for being there when I needed it the most.

I have received thanks from many members on and off this site that tell me that the forum has helped them make friends, and feel at ease about whatever bad is going on in their life. I have also had the opportunity to speak to some of those grieving over the loss of family or loved ones, and I got a chance to hear from them too. As a person that has experienced loss myself, twice in the last year alone, I know that it is not easy to get over losing a loved one. I have much sympathy for those that have gone through the same, and my condolences go out to them.

The truth is that I and many others have been painted as villains for running this community. I have been called such things as callous, dangerous, despicable, angry, or even a "murderous psychopath", but people who know me know that I am far from that, inside and outside this community. Some people may not be happy that this forum exists, but this great community has a purpose, one that started in a subreddit banned out of the blue by Reddit in order to make way for advertisers and to make their site more palatable to investors. They have long abandoned their free speech stance in order to make a quick buck. But this site will never sell out, have ads, or anything of the kind. This place is for you, and for everyone who needs a place to express themselves and feel better.

I have made many friends here, many of whom I would like to still keep in touch with after I resign.

You all have been wonderful, I'm going to miss you all.

Signing off for good,

Marquis
I am posting screenshots of TRULY vile, dangerous material that the State has decided, apparently is protected speech. You will see very quickly how absurd the NY Times' and others' contention that the content herein is more a danger than what is contained on the Internet Archive and is considered protected speech. Selective prosecution and acrobatic legal reasoning at its lowest. Is not the hypocrisy glaringly apparent to anyone above a 50 IQ? Of course, when the other potential target is a zillionaire who invented Alexa, I guess the State goes after a target whom they can bankrupt, if unsuccessful in prosecuting. I believe financial ruin is their endgame personally. The ACLU needs to jump in pro-bono.

Today, I announce my resignation as operator. By tomorrow, this account will be permanantly deleted and I won't have any access to the site, administrative permission, or anything to do with the backend.

Since Serge isn't involved with the site and I'm resigning too, I've spent the last week transferring everything over to the new operator, someone capable and trustworthy who you will get to know very soon. They will also be a familiar face around here, too.

I do not take this decision lightly, but in light of recent events, I believe that putting this community in the hands of someone I trust and who cares about this community is the right call. My mission and desire here has always been to make sure that everyone has the freedom to speak freely about issues around suicide and mental health, topics that you can't talk openly about anywhere else. I believe this site has done good in the world and I am certain that this community has saved countless lives. Many people may not believe that, and to them I say: Ask around, you'll be surprised.

The way the NYT has twisted the purpose of this community and the good that it has done has been very damaging to everyone. Not only did they make a transparent attempt to take this site down, but they did so in the most unethical and dishonest way possible.

This place is full of caring people that are hurting, looking for someone to talk to, or looking for support in life. We are not a cult, far from it. While it is true that many people come here during their darkest moments, myself included, my main intent has always been to make this place into somewhere people can talk about issues in their life, suicide included, without judgment or without being shoved off to a crisis hotline that doesn't care about their well being.

This community has brought me peace and solace, in the fact that before I started it, I was in a very dark time of my life myself.

Community support works, and I wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for this community. Although I have researched methods and at one point considered taking my own life, I was able to find some purpose and meaning in my life by being a part of this community. Thank you all for being there when I needed it the most.

I have received thanks from many members on and off this site that tell me that the forum has helped them make friends, and feel at ease about whatever bad is going on in their life. I have also had the opportunity to speak to some of those grieving over the loss of family or loved ones, and I got a chance to hear from them too. As a person that has experienced loss myself, twice in the last year alone, I know that it is not easy to get over losing a loved one. I have much sympathy for those that have gone through the same, and my condolences go out to them.

The truth is that I and many others have been painted as villains for running this community. I have been called such things as callous, dangerous, despicable, angry, or even a "murderous psychopath", but people who know me know that I am far from that, inside and outside this community. Some people may not be happy that this forum exists, but this great community has a purpose, one that started in a subreddit banned out of the blue by Reddit in order to make way for advertisers and to make their site more palatable to investors. They have long abandoned their free speech stance in order to make a quick buck. But this site will never sell out, have ads, or anything of the kind. This place is for you, and for everyone who needs a place to express themselves and feel better.

I have made many friends here, many of whom I would like to still keep in touch with after I resign.

Signing off for good,

Marquis
I am posting screenshots of TRULY dangerous, vile, incendiary material that is considered protected speech in U.S. The NY Times would never take on the inventor-billionaire who created and is at the helm of the Internet Archive (he invented Alexa and sold it to Amazon for gobs of cash). It's a wonderful repository, but is a safe=space for nazis and allows access to the most dangerous shit I've ever laid my eyes upon. And again, it's apparently all protected under the First Amendment! And yet, the NY Times and zealous prosecutors-for-publicity-and-promotion deem this site and the info. contained herein more of a threat than what is freely available on the Internet Archive under "self-defense" and "survival/prepper" categories? This is selective prosecution with the aim to bankrupt imo. The ACLU needs to jump in pro-bono, else the First Amendment is good for nothing.

Signing off for good,

Marquis

Bread with milk

Bread with milk

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Call me a dreamer but I belive that Marquis is still here, just invisible. I miss him.
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but he told me that he will not return to the site, he seemed frustrated by everything that happened

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but he told me that he will not return to the site, he seemed frustrated by everything that happened
I know sweetie we are in good hands with Rain though.

Reactions: Passersby
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
This is the only forum on internet where my basic humans' right is acknowledged and my ability to make rational decision is respected. It's like 99:1 usefulness ratio compared to suicide crab-mentality-preventors hotlines which only talk nonsense while prolonging human sufferings.

Thank you for whatever you've done, you're a few good men with honesty and compassion. I wish you peace in real sense.

mandyjohnuk

mandyjohnuk

Specialist
Jul 6, 2021
Hello my friend.
This is a sad day for this site and members here. Your work I feel won't be forgotten. If outsiders actually took the time to try and understand and actually find out what it is that's done here they would change there views. Good luck in what you do in the future.☹️

Still Flutter Girl

Still Flutter Girl

An alphabet soup of pain, pain, and more pain
Jun 13, 2022
Wow I'm speechless. What the NYT and the fixthe26 did was despicable and sickening. I'm sorry you're going through this Marquis. I'm sorry to have bothered you about scammers and such the week before. You were the best admin this place had. You'll be surely missed. Just wow.
The NYT article is actually what helped me to find this site in the first place, so fuck them.

It's the first place I've found community, and the comfort of having that and a reliable method at hand made me give it a last try I never could've managed otherwise.

I wish more people would even THINK to consider how to help the suffering of others, instead of demonizing those that didn't have the luckier hand they were dealt. I did all the right things, was always generous and kind, and ended up abused and alone.

Society at large is WAY more culpable in many suicides than this site is…they're just looking for another place to direct the blame, while they continue to be selfish, uncaring capitalist pigs.

Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022

Signing off for good,

Marquis
Such a kind person. Thank you. Suicide hotlines were not helpful. But finding people who feel physical pain and long for death too gave me solace... Comfort. Right now you're all the only thing I still care about. People warning me not to say anything negative if we meet... Make me wish I was dead. Denying me my reality, emotions, comfort... In this suicide forum I feel truly myself & it makes me feel alive... Even though I'm dying in a bad environment ... Mostly from Abuse & my mistakes... Lack of belief in my pain doomed me to suffer not just physically but mentally... Doomed me to die... But here I'm no longer lonely. I'm a condesvending bitch but I love all of you. I wish we could hug each other to death

LivideLamb

LivideLamb

I'm so decaying, feeling like an ashtray
Jan 5, 2020
Thank you so much for everything

AcidBurn

AcidBurn

Feb 11, 2023
If anyone knows how to contact these gentlemen still (I assume someone does as he said he wanted to keep in contact), if they have not already they need to seek legal counsel.

You can go to jail for doxxing someone. Although doxxing itself is not illegal, it could contribute to another criminal offense like harassment, stalking, intimidation, identity theft, or incitement to violence, which is what it sounds like these two have had happen.

I found this site via a slam vid on youtube that wouldn't even mention the name but as I get in the CTB thought process from time to time, and the fact that I love research (it's all a mystery!) I found my way here.

I actually hadn't seen that NYT article as being a liberal they aren't a source of my media. After what I read on this in post though, you sirs have definitely got a case against them. For sure you may be able to sue for defamation if you're able to prove those statements about you are false, seeing the responses to this thread that could be supported. Not to mention the release of the PII resulted in cyberbullying at the very least!

Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I imagine that the NYT has deeper pockets than this site's owners, and unfortunately, that matters a great deal, especially in civil court. I don't think there's any hope of getting a criminal complaint going. I don't think Marquis realistically has legal recourse here.

I remain utterly furious at the irresponsibility of the 12/22 NYT article however, both because of the doxxing (which is unethical, if not illegal) and because in naming this site, they might as well have written the URL on the chalkboards of every high school in the U.S., and a large number of them abroad. The New York Times is widely considered essential educational material, and parents, teachers, and librarians go out of their way to ensure young people have access. Whichever editor assigned this piece to the writers knows perfectly well what the status of his or her newspaper is. They probably told themselves something that felt palatable, but the stark reality is that the NYT has struggled to make the transition from venerable print institution to the 21st century's online world. "Outrage porn" easily goes viral, and it sells. This article was pure outrage porn. It worked, too—suddenly the name of the New York Times is being dropped by YouTube influencers with primarily adolescent and young adult viewer bases. The NYT is seeming relevant again, and reaching a new generation. Good job, editor. All they had to do is drive a ton of traffic to a site they claim is a menace, and doxx a couple of people.

Had they done a fraction of the investigative journalism effing Kiwifarms did, they'd have been aware that most of the major search engines had removed SaSu as a potential search result earlier in 2022. This was to keep impulsively desperate people away from here, particularly if those people were minors. Google has since reversed that ban. How could it not? The New York Times reported on this place, and the story was picked up across the internet. It's news now.

There is a need for SaSu to exist, but it does not need to be easy for even the most casually curious to find. Quite obviously, children don't need to be here. And yet here they are. Large numbers of them, who might otherwise be doing literally anything else. I don't think you can ascribe any deaths or attempts to the NYT, not any more than you can ascribe them to SaSu itself, but it was still immensely stupid to basically stand in Times Square with a megaphone, shouting "Step right up to see the amazing suicide website. Let the kids in front, sir. Ma'am. Don't block their view."

As I said, there's no legal remedy here. The Times' punishment, such as it is, is that it has voluntarily yielded its investigative journalism credibility to Kiwifarms, inventors of the lolcow. Kiwifarms has now shown it can do both outrage porn and real reporting on increasingly-important online culture better than the Times, which continues to flounder in a post-print world.

Step right up kids, to see the incredible journalistic dinosaur! Take a selfie with it. Don't touch it, though! It's more fragile than it looks. Don't delete those pics, kids. Save them to show to your own children. They won't be seeing any of these around in their lifetime.

Last edited:
Life Is My Coffin

Life Is My Coffin

One final action ⚰️⚰️⚰️
Oct 13, 2023
When an Australian disclosed that he had become suicidal because of persistent behavioral problems, several members taunted him. "Maybe he/she can film it," wrote one person, joining others in sarcastically calling for popcorn for a viewing. Weeks later, the young man took his life.
Yeah, this totally happened.

backtoearth

backtoearth

<3
Sep 9, 2023
Sorry it has come to this, and thank you for everything you have done for this site and community. I cannot even imagine the amount of pressure and stress the media have caused you, and you will be missed here <3