N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I have the feeling someone is trolling here a lot currently. Won't say names. Cannot make a final judgment for now.
I think due to the fact there are several thousand members we will never be able to catch them all. Or not fast enough. It is a hard job to moderate this forum and takes a lot of energy. I am not sure how big this problem really is. I don't read very many threads I use this forum rather as my valve to write down my own feelings. But I think there are some trolls. At least when we look at it statistically it is pretty likely. But some hide it better than others.

My thoughts about trolls in general:
I just think people who troll people on a suicide forum are so pathetic and pip-squeak. They are kind of an embarassment for their own familes in my opinion and should feel ashamed about themselves. I feel like they don't have any dignity neither for other people nor for themselves. They are probably mentally stuck at a the intellectual development of a teenager. I have the feeling most people who troll on the internet were probably victims of bullying in real life themselves. Now they have self-esteem issues and have the urge to look down at people in order to feel better. Deep inside these people are really pathetic and probably pretty alone because noone likes them.

I have deep respect for almost everyone on here. Dealing with suicidality and serious health/life problems is pretty tough. I think everyone here deserves respect. But people who are just here to make other people feel intentionally bad are so disgusting.
Believe me if you are genuine, vulnerable and feel like a loser or pathetic this is not true. Instead people who troll suicidal people online these people are really the losers and they are the ones who are very pathetic. I cannot really think about something which is more pathetic than to hurt vulnerable people intentionally. These people are digusting. And deep inside they know that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4390101 and katagiri83
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
I wonder if there's people that go on here and whose only goal is to help people with suicide because they get excitement knowing they lead to someone's death. That's probably what the public thinks of the moderators of this site anyway lol
But I feel like that's a real possibility... Though I expect it shouldnt be too hard to spot the difference between someone helping out of empathy vs someone helping out of a weird sense of sadism. One person would help by posting info and relevant details and methods while the other would "help" by egging on someone to "just do it"

Reactions: katagiri83
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I wonder if there's people that go on here and whose only goal is to help people with suicide because they get excitement knowing they lead to someone's death. That's probably what the public thinks of the moderators of this site anyway lol
But I feel like that's a real possibility... Though I expect it shouldnt be too hard to spot the difference between someone helping out of empathy vs someone helping out of a weird sense of sadism. One person would help by posting info and relevant details and methods while the other would "help" by egging on someone to "just do it"
I rather thought about mocking people, saying hurtful things intentionally and provoking other people all the time.
The people you describe are rather criminals in my opinion. I would not consider such them as troll.
The group of people you describe also does not belong to this forum. They are even way worse.

But I honestly cannot say whether there are peole on here like this in this forum. Of course one should report them in case you suspect someone like that.

Reactions: katagiri83 and Install-Gentoo
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I know exactly what you mean. There have been quite a few obvious trolls around here recently. I've seen loads of unkind and insensitive things on here in the past. I feel like at this point I am not bothered by the words of others anymore, I just focus on myself. Thats the only way in which this forum is bearable. People can be very cruel. I don't really think that this issue is helped by the fact that the forum allows laughing reactions, it's just another way for people to cause harm. I think the truth is that this forum is just like anywhere else on the internet.