C

Coconut

Jan 23, 2023
I wanna die, but I love my pets. Last year I was going to hang myself, but my dog was staring at me, and I couldn't kill myself. Oh, God. Her eyes. I couldn't possibly leave her. I told myself that I'd kill myself after my pets die but suicidal thoughts came back. I'm so sad thinking about not being able to see them after I die. I cry over it. This is painful.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 31858, nosoul, VioletNight and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That does sound like a painful situation to be in and it must be hard to deal with. I think that having pets is a common reason for holding people back from going through with suicide, and I get that it's awful when you wish to be gone, yet feel so trapped here in this world.

Reactions: nosoul, HadItAll, Anon1337 and 2 others
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I'm so sorry. Pets do hold a special place in our hearts ❤️

Reactions: Venus13
WaitingToGo

WaitingToGo

Experienced
Feb 18, 2023
Leaving my cats to fend for themselves was not an option. I've arranged with my cat sitters that "if and when anything happens to me" that they would adopt them. I love them too much so understand where you are coming from.

Reactions: nosoul
vultureilse

vultureilse

ready to go, just waiting for the right time!
Dec 31, 2022
can relate. i love my cat and feel so guilty about having to leave him

when i wake up as soon as he notices im awake he immediately runs up to me to cuddle and the thought of him seeing me never wake up again just makes me want to cry

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: nosoul, VioletNight and WaitingToGo
Al Gul

Al Gul

Just one more drink...
Feb 21, 2023
My pets are a massive reason why I've decided to keep going. I don't know what would happen to them, and having raised them, I can't imagine not being around for them. It's tough. Many days, they're why I even get out of bed. And I get you, they have many years left. It's a really difficult thing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: perfectstorm, Deleted member 31858 and nosoul
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I am here because of my pets and grown kids. But my pets count on me to eat and drink daily.

I've never attempted but can only imagine..

My plan is either to do it away from home or OD. I have anxiety over the what ifs. ill either have dog sitter come by and/or sched message to go out.

I know my dogs are miserable laying around this house with me in this anxious and depressed hell. I also know someone who loves and knows them will take them in. It is so hard but for me, it will be better for us all

• Love
Reactions: perfectstorm and nosoul
H

HadItAll

I just want to be completely forgotten
Feb 20, 2023
That does sound like a painful situation to be in and it must be hard to deal with. I think that having pets is a common reason for holding people back from going through with suicide, and I get that it's awful when you wish to be gone, yet feel so trapped here in this world.
This is why I'm terrified of sex ever since the onset of my autoimmune symptoms. Imagine you accidentally cause a pregnancy: you just can't ctb for at least the next 20 years + constantly being worried that your child might have the genetically inherited autoimmune conditions triggered at any point in his/her life. Absolutely terrifying.

• Aww..
Reactions: Coconut
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
The way I look at it is this, here in the physical world I am useless to them as we know medical bills are EXPENSIVE for them. I'm poor and lack privilege and we all know money and privilege is EVERYTHING. Atleast in the spiritual realm I'll have some power/be able to look out for them/protect them. I CANNOT see them sick and die my heart wont be able to take it so I HAVE to leave before them. Then they can just join me when they pass. I'm also sacrificing myself so that the expenses that would be spent on me can be used for them instead.

• Love
Reactions: perfectstorm and nosoul
hrsprayqn

hrsprayqn

trying to hold on
Nov 14, 2022
Genuinely think getting a pet would stop me wanting to ctb, they're too pure

• Love
Reactions: perfectstorm, Coconut and frog_prince
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Genuinely think getting a pet would stop me wanting to ctb, they're too pure
Can confirm. My dog is the only reason I'm still alive.

• Hugs
Reactions: perfectstorm, Coconut, Venus13 and 1 other person
C

Coconut

Jan 23, 2023
Thank you so much for understanding. I just feel stuck, I don't know what to do.
I'm so sorry. Pets do hold a special place in our hearts ❤️
Yes, I can't explain it in words how much I love them. Precious creatures. ❤️
Leaving my cats to fend for themselves was not an option. I've arranged with my cat sitters that "if and when anything happens to me" that they would adopt them. I love them too much so understand where you are coming from.
I'm leaving my pets to my mom. Since she's a sweet person, I know she'll take good care of them but it's still sad to think about. They'll miss me, right? :(
can relate. i love my cat and feel so guilty about having to leave him

when i wake up as soon as he notices im awake he immediately runs up to me to cuddle and the thought of him seeing me never wake up again just makes me want to cry
I'm sorry you can relate. That's so heartbreaking. I feel guilty, too. My dog is so happy to see me when I wake up.
My pets are a massive reason why I've decided to keep going. I don't know what would happen to them, and having raised them, I can't imagine not being around for them. It's tough. Many days, they're why I even get out of bed. And I get you, they have many years left. It's a really difficult thing.
I feel you. They make me get out of bed and get outdoors. And yeah, my dog is 4 and my hedgehog is only 1.
My plan is either to do it away from home or OD. I have anxiety over the what ifs. ill either have dog sitter come by and/or sched message to go out.

I know my dogs are miserable laying around this house with me in this anxious and depressed hell. I also know someone who loves and knows them will take them in. It is so hard but for me, it will be better for us all
That was so sad to read. Sending you lots of hugs. Leaving my pets is the hardest thing I'll ever have to do.
The way I look at it is this, here in the physical world I am useless to them as we know medical bills are EXPENSIVE for them. I'm poor and lack privilege and we all know money and privilege is EVERYTHING. Atleast in the spiritual realm I'll have some power/be able to look out for them/protect them. I CANNOT see them sick and die my heart wont be able to take it so I HAVE to leave before them. Then they can just join me when they pass. I'm also sacrificing myself so that the expenses that would be spent on me can be used for them instead.
That's a perspective I've never considered looking from. I can see that you're a kind soul, you'll be their guardian angel.

• Love
Reactions: perfectstorm, Al Gul, Obliviate and 1 other person
N

nosoul

Arcanist
Apr 1, 2023
I wanna die, but I love my pets. Last year I was going to hang myself, but my dog was staring at me, and I couldn't kill myself. Oh, God. Her eyes. I couldn't possibly leave her. I told myself that I'd kill myself after my pets die but suicidal thoughts came back. I'm so sad thinking about not being able to see them after I die. I cry over it. This is painful.
This is my predicament, but I can barely take care of them, I just want to sleep and never awake
I am here because of my pets and grown kids. But my pets count on me to eat and drink daily.

I've never attempted but can only imagine..

This 100%, but sadly I'm so isolated, Noone will take then in for me
I'm in the same boat, I can leave some cash out for them, but then some scumbag will prob take the money and ditch them, not respect my dead wishes. It would be amazing to see them in the afterlife, even to look after them, I'm in terrible anguish, mentally suffering, I hope you can find peace soon.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: perfectstorm and Coconut
D

Deleted member 31858

I'm in the same situation :(

• Aww..
Reactions: perfectstorm and Coconut