• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
I'm so angry and confused. Our cat has had pica for a few months now, caused by anemia, he keeps crying to go out into the balcony and lick the floor because of his anemia

The vet gave us a vitamin paste. my mother was supposed to give him the paste twice a day for two weeks; she does nothing. i leave in the morning for uni and return at night and ask her if she gave him, she says she "forgot". Two weeks go by, he runs out into the balcony again, and in the process of running back inside he smashes his head on the glass door, lets out this SCREAM that a cat should not ever sound like and his back legs go flat.

Now it's been three days and she refuses to get him xrayed or anything. she's given up on him and says she's just "waiting for him to die", and keeps saying this depressing shit like "ohhh he's not doing well" WELL he would have been doing fine if you took him to the vet!!! he can't sleep he can't eat he can't do anything. i get you're fucked up and depressed but it's your fucking cat.

im taking him today myself, i have no money of my own but I'm gonna explain the situation. i kept asking her not to let him out into the balcony because licking the floor is bad, she let him out anyway and he hit his fucking skull and may die for NO REASON. fuck this stupid shit, if my cat dies im gone

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
im so sorry you have to go through this. i get how being depressed might hinder someones ability to take care of a pet but the way ur mums dealing with the situation is fucking awful, theres no excuse for causing an animal to suffer. im glad to hear ur taking him to the vet urself, it takes a lot to do what you're doing and i really hope the vet visit goes smoothly. i wish you and your cat all the best. whatever happens i hope there is no suffering on either of your parts. sending you and your cat hugs if thats ok with you <3

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
I'm so sorry. This is absolutely awful. Good on you for taking the initiative. How are things going now?

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
He's gone. I just got back from burying him in a nearby forest, six feet deep next to a tree, no plastic bags or anything just him and the dirt. nothing else matters anymore
I'm so sorry. There are no words. That must hurt so much. The senseless death of an innocent animal. May he be at peace now.

PinkyStat

PinkyStat

It’s killing me
Jun 4, 2023
Im so sorry… this hit me so freaking hard i would not be able to handle this loss, i just wish you all the best

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante