• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
I was doing ok but now my mind has gone into a state of deep darkness. What can I do if anything to get back to where I was. This is so frustrating

• Hugs
Reactions: Emily_Numb, DarkDg21, ReallyTired and 4 others
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Try *generic suggestion*. I don't know. Find distractions. Sleep. Wait to snap back. You probably will. Do something you like, if such a thing exists, hang with people that suit and interest you, if you are the type, and remove the ones that bring you down, find motivation, even if it leads nowhere, find a job and do it as best as you can, so to have a sense of self-worth, even if its impersonal. Be busy.

I'm sorry if I'm not helpful. I don't really know your life situation.

Reactions: Lunaloveflood and IsThisTheEnd?
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
The distraction method can be helpful particularly if you have unallocated time that allows your thoughts to drift into areas that are not healthy. For example just picking up a volume of the encyclopedia and reading can fill unallocated time with various subjects some of which might capture your curiosity and keep you thoughts under greater control.

Reactions: Lunaloveflood and IsThisTheEnd?
S

supermario

Experienced
Oct 21, 2021
Have you recovered before from venturing into that dark place? If so, repeat what you used to do - and more. The important thing is to keep an open mind. Reach out to friends for help, who may have ideas you have not considered.

I'm currently in a similar boat to you.

Reactions: IsThisTheEnd? and Lunaloveflood
L

L-L

-
Nov 14, 2019
Something different. Reset what you were trying and start again. You should be proud of yourself - feeling yourself slipping and being aware of it so you can stop is great.

Reactions: IsThisTheEnd?
H

HadesBoatman

Oct 29, 2021
What is the "deep darkness" in your case? Remorse, anxiety, suffering, something else?

Reactions: IsThisTheEnd?
marinekiwi

marinekiwi

Student
Oct 28, 2021
I know that feel. Just when you thought you were getting back on the recovery path, the darkness comes back again and engulfs you.
It's been happening to me for the last decade at least. Benzos help me with my anxiety but the thoughts won't go away.

Reactions: facel and IsThisTheEnd?
IsThisTheEnd?

IsThisTheEnd?

Mange
Aug 6, 2020
Well I'm very split when I'm ok, I'm ok nothing bothers me, I can't imagine feeling different.
Then when I'm not I'm totally sick and can't imagine being ok.

Reactions: facel
C

cooldude420

Student
Aug 8, 2021
me wecomend waking up app. lern meditasion wit no religun. if u no afford u kan git freee year by axing them