bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
My medieval side I am from a family with a long list of military personnel in my life. I come from a family with Basque blood, warriors, Celts, strong ... I would have liked to die in close combat and with a sword as in the Middle Ages. I have a sense of honor that makes me quite rigid. He once protected a woman from a knife robbery and fought the attacker until he ran away. My friends call me the wrath of God because when I get angry it does not matter who is in front. I was once reduced by 4 policemen. They couldn't with me. Just because I did not want to identify myself and because I had not committed a crime. It was an odyssey. Once reduced I was still furious and they sent me to a hospital and they jabbed me relaxing. I paid the fine and a lawyer friend defended me in the trial that was left to pay the costs because it was an irregular intervention by the police. Once I went out with friends and a 2-meter guy confronted me because I stopped a little drink on his girlfriend's skirt. I measure 1.85. I told him that we could do two things, either forget about it or go outside and fight. He was thoughtful and ignored me. Better for him. On another occasion a driver would not let me leave the parking lot, I was coming in the forbidden direction. I got out of the car and started hitting the glass until it ran away, obviously no one is facing someone crazy. On another occasion a man gave a rather rude compliment to my wife. I told him that was rude and I stared, I went to him and grabbed him by the neck and told him if he wanted to die. He looked at me scared and half two punches that didn't even hurt me. I started throwing punches until he ran away. My wife, now an ex-wife, grabbed me. I once snapped a kitchen knife with my hands in a fit of rage. I cut myself a bit. On another occasion, two people from Latin America robbed me, I don't know where they were from exactly. I only remember grabbing one and hitting him on the ground until a guard came and separated us. He was bigger than me. My violent gene. He should have been born in the Middle Ages and died in an absurd war.

• Hugs
Reactions: Fehler, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, lofticries and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Wow! I won't definitely mess with you if we ever cross paths! lol
I used to get mad at people and fight them all the time! I even fought for a girl I didn't know at a disco haha.
I've got my ass kicked and kicked many asses but those days are over.

I'm just a 33 year-old peaceful guy lol.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: Fehler, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, ansiedad and 1 other person
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Mi amigo argentino en línea.

Sos un jefe. Un abrazo che
Antes de la violencia seguro que lo arreglabamos bebiendo cerveza o vino. Un fuerte abrazo. Viva Argentina

• Love
Reactions: Fehler, ansiedad and WornOutLife
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Mi amigo argentino en línea.

Sos un jefe. Un abrazo che
Antes de la violencia seguro que lo arreglabamos bebiendo cerveza o vino. Un fuerte abrazo. Viva Argentina

Jaja totalmente amigo! Nada que unas birras no puedan solucionar!
Abrazo enorme!

• Hugs
Reactions: ansiedad and bad luck
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Sensei, ansiedad and 3 others
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Can't have any of that stuff, sit in front of a screen and improve your social credit score.

Reactions: Sensei, Makko and bad luck
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Can't have any of that stuff, sit in front of a screen and improve your social credit score.
The social score sweats my balls. I am free, I do not harm anyone but if someone gets in my way being crazy, it is better to flee. I have lived a lot, I have fought with people, I have come home with black eyes and blows to my body. I'm not from this era, I must have been born in the Middle Ages.

Reactions: ansiedad
LonelyNick

LonelyNick

They/Them, He/Him
Jul 15, 2020
I am tint but filled with rage

I LARPed for 8 years, every Friday night from May to September.

I fought people with swords, axes, bows, lances, wearing chainmail, a bits of plated armor and it was exhilarating.

It scratched the itch for me. A friend does Lightsaber fights, another built a Viking home.

Little ways to cope I guess?

Reactions: bad luck, Sensei, Lmd and 1 other person
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
Still, I'm usually a quiet guy 95% of the time, but now I don't want trouble. I prefer to be with my benzos and alcohol and spend the day reading.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I am tint but filled with rage

I LARPed for 8 years, every Friday night from May to September.

I fought people with swords, axes, bows, lances, wearing chainmail, a bits of plated armor and it was exhilarating.

It scratched the itch for me. A friend does Lightsaber fights, another built a Viking home.

Little ways to cope I guess?

Tried HEMA?

Reactions: bad luck
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Two quotes from Alec Wilder's "American Popular Song" about composer Harold Arlen:

"Unlike Irving Berlin, who forged ahead in the days when there wasn't a great deal to get excited about, Arlen, my hunch tells me, might never have become a song writer had he grown up in those rolling but, to him, tepid times. For he needed the enriched and color-drenched sounds which had developed by the late twenties in order for him to want to be a writer."

"He entered the field of popular music at a propitious time, one in which he could spread himself and experiment rhythmically, harmonically, and melodically as he never could have even ten years before. To me it is like an invention, let's say the camera, appearing, and before you know it there is a man who seems, by his aptitude, to have been born to be a photographer. Had Arlen been born sooner or later than he was, there would have been little in the musical air to inspire him to be a writer of songs."

What Wilder expresses here is something I have been thinking about for a long time, namely that some people are born too early, some too late and some in just the right time for their particular talents and aptitudes to unfold and attain success.
Someone alive today who has a knack for computers is bound to find a good job, but might have been homeless a hundred years ago, others who are overwhelmed by the problems of modern life might have flourished in medieval times.
Think of Faraday: He was a groundbreaking scientist in his time, but relied almost entirely on the experimental method, since his grasp of theory was fairly slight. Someone like him would stand no chance in today's scientific climate. Similarly, had he been born earlier, the scientific advancements on which he built would not have been available yet.
It is my strong belief that I myself would have been able to cope better with life had I been born into a slower-paced, less technology fixated time; your sentiments appear to be similar.

Reactions: bad luck