• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Hannah05

Hannah05

Dec 5, 2023
First of all, hello everyone.

Since the COVID-19 pandemic started I have a new hobby: learning languages.

In the time period of 3 years I've learned Japanese and Chinese. In 2024 I'm planning to study Cantonese (The language spoken in Hong Kong) more intensive than I do now, also I might eventually start to wideout my knowledge in Korean and Russian.

I often got compliments by native Chinese speakers for my great pronunciation. I'm a native speaker of 2 languages that have zero relations to the ones I mentioned. I got taught English in school and advanced it on the web. I got a passion and talent in what I do.

My head is just full of all those languages, I think in all diverse languages and I even dream in them. Lately all of my dreams were in fluent Chinese, it's really weird. My head is full of Chinese, Chinese characters, Chinese vocabulary, Chinese everything.
I just can't stand it out anymore, my head is full of voices telling me in diverse languages I know what to do and feel, especially in Japanese.

I barely use my native language anymore. The main language I use on the internet is Japanese and English. I read, watch and enjoy content only in Japanese, yet, my dreams are in Chinese. Everything is full in my head with Characters. I never had any relations to the countries of the languages I learned and still learn…

I have no real connection to my native language anymore, not even in my thoughts or dreams. I don't use it anymore except when I have to.

Does anybody of this community feel the same I feel? Feel free to share your experiences. Thanks for listening.

xsa

xsa

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
I totally get what you mean. If it wasnt for the fact that i am still unfortunetly living in poland, then i wouldnt speak in polish anymore. I cant even really form correct sentances, let alone statements, in polish. English and german are just, i dont know, better than my mother language? I do everything in either english or german, i think in these languages, i read in them, speak write, research, i do everything in them. Every single time i speak in polish it's just a literal translation of something i thought about in english, so my statements usually dont make sense. I cant even have a conversation in polish anymore.

C

CPY

Student
Oct 30, 2023
It sounds amazing being able to speak so many languages.I have a passion for languages too however my OCD prevents me from learning them efficiently.

I have an interest in languages of the far east but also some Europeqn ones, especially Cantonese Japanese.However i find the former too difficult especially the pronunciation

For now my only language acquired as a non-native is half-assed English

I don't remember my dream most of the time and while most of the content I watch is in English I still feel like Im lacking behind in comparison to the abilities I have I'm my native language.

I believe it comes down to the fact that I barely read books so I lack a lot of literary or formal vocab and expressions

Hannah05

Hannah05

Dec 5, 2023
especially Cantonese Japanese
Oh yeah? Do you want me as an language partner to study Cantonese? Even though it's an hard language it is possible to learn! :')

S

silentnights56

Dec 6, 2023
Where are you from? It's amazing you can speak so many languages. I'm interested in learning a new language but can't sustain the dedication required for this task...

Hannah05

Hannah05

Dec 5, 2023
Where are you from? It's amazing you can speak so many languages. I'm interested in learning a new language but can't sustain the dedication required for this task...
I'm German. What do you want to study? Do you need some assistance? PM me :)

Reactions: silentnights56
S

silentnights56

Dec 6, 2023
I'm German. What do you want to study? Do you need some assistance? PM me :)
Thank you so much for your generosity. German is a language I'm interested to learn (tried to learn Japanese, can't even preserve even though it's similar to Chinese, Russian seem fun but VERY difficult ) as well. It's my first time on this site so I'm still figuring out how to use various functions

Hannah05

Hannah05

Dec 5, 2023
Thank you so much for your generosity. German is a language I'm interested to learn (tried to learn Japanese, can't even preserve even though it's similar to Chinese, Russian seem fun but VERY difficult ) as well. It's my first time on this site so I'm still figuring out how to use various functions
Yeah just saw. I know just some little Russian. I can only read and write it. I saw that your account is a day old which means that the PM function is going to activate itself after 24 hours. Probably in couple hours for you. Just text me when you can.

Reactions: silentnights56
FRUSTRATED MIND

FRUSTRATED MIND

Student
Oct 2, 2023
I also speak Portuguese, English, Spanish, French, and Italian. I'm a native speaker of Portuguese. I started to learn English in 2011, and then my learning in other Latin languages were a lot easier as long as Portuguese is my mother tongue, however my head always thinks in English.

Reactions: Hannah05
TotallyNotWielkiM

TotallyNotWielkiM

Dec 19, 2023
I totally get what you mean. If it wasnt for the fact that i am still unfortunetly living in poland, then i wouldnt speak in polish anymore. I cant even really form correct sentances, let alone statements, in polish. English and german are just, i dont know, better than my mother language? I do everything in either english or german, i think in these languages, i read in them, speak write, research, i do everything in them. Every single time i speak in polish it's just a literal translation of something i thought about in english, so my statements usually dont make sense. I cant even have a conversation in polish anymore.
Same. I just feel like polish is unnecessarily complex to the point I just prefer to use English for literally anything.

Fuck polish language.

Reactions: xsa