D

Deleted member 9355

Jul 17, 2019
Hey guys and girls.

I've been thinking about a kind of original idea (I think) which involves drowning.

The idea consists of using metal handcuffs to chain myself to a ladder on a dock (see picture). I would go down under water and chain myself to the lowest step or on the pipe beside it.

Do you guys think this could work? Of course, I would have to try a few types of places to find the optimal ladder that has some kind of round pipe that I can put the handcuffs around.

I'm not concerned with the painfulness of the method, my main concern is that it must work. There must not be risk of failure.

Advantages:
* No risk of being saved. Even if someone were to find me, what could they possibly do? (I would do it in the early morning hours also)
* Death is fairly certain, I think. Either something happens in the beginning (like the handcuffs breaking) or I won't be able to break free as I will be uncouncious before really dying.

Disadvantages:
* Really, really unpleasant.
* Have to find some ladder that goes deep down enough for me to not be able to put my head above water.

What do you guys think?
As I wrote, my only concern is that it HAS to work the first time.

Attachments

• imageService.jpg
    imageService.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Sounds terrifying.

Reactions: ActualLesbian, Saed, Fedrea and 4 others
C

CAH

May 22, 2020
Hey guys and girls.

I've been thinking about a kind of original idea (I think) which involves drowning.

The idea consists of using metal handcuffs to chain myself to a ladder on a dock (see picture). I would go down under water and chain myself to the lowest step or on the pipe beside it.

Do you guys think this could work? Of course, I would have to try a few types of places to find the optimal ladder that has some kind of round pipe that I can put the handcuffs around.

I'm not concerned with the painfulness of the method, my main concern is that it must work. There must not be risk of failure.

Advantages:
* No risk of being saved. Even if someone were to find me, what could they possibly do? (I would do it in the early morning hours also)
* Death is fairly certain, I think. Either something happens in the beginning (like the handcuffs breaking) or I won't be able to break free as I will be uncouncious before really dying.

Disadvantages:
* Have to find some ladder that goes deep down enough for me to not be able to put my head above water.

What do you guys think?
I would take really heavy sedatives.

Reactions: Deleted member 14573, autumnal and Deleted member 9355
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I hope people are kind to you in their responses!

This seems like a doable idea. If you can work up the nerve to do it, once the handcuffs are locked, it should work. You'll have to deal with the intensity for a bit, but it will pass. If they're law enforcement quality handcuffs they won't break.

It will be very challenging for someone to rescue you, but not impossible. I would research how long one after drowning one can be resuscitated.

I would scope out the location several times during the hours I wanted to do it, to see if people might show up during that time.

I would also do a lot of visualizing in advance so that I could be as prepared and calm as possible.

I agree with the idea of sedatives, or taking something like benzos or propanolol to help with anxiousness. I'd research them first to make sure I didn't take too much, especially if it's something like Benadryl, which can have reverse effects after a certain amount. It would be helpful to already know how the medicine affects you and experiment with it beforehand so you know when to take it and how much. And I would include that in the visualizing.

• Love
Reactions: ActualLesbian, autumnal and Deleted member 9355
TonyThat2003

TonyThat2003

May 31, 2020
I think you should use morphine or something that is going to make you pass out.

Reactions: ActualLesbian and Deleted member 9355
D

Deleted member 9355

Jul 17, 2019
I don't have access to sedatives :( and I'm afraid I won't be able to time it well so that maybe they kick in too early or don't help because of the short timespan of drowning. I just want to have an idea that would work, i don't really care about how horrible it is. Lots of people have drowned before and I would only have to do it once,, hehe. My living situation is really terrible as I have a permanent condition that reduces my quality of life to zero.

• Love
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and FriendofDeath
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
I agree, it sounds terrifying and yes, effective. Just recently saw a PBS show where a young woman was hiding under a houseboat. Her foot gets caught in the rope around the ladder.

Is there a reason you've chosen this method?

Reactions: Deleted member 9355
BaconCheeseburger

BaconCheeseburger

Comfort-eating
Aug 4, 2018
The panic that comes with drowning would be too much for me endure, personally. Be sure that this is the method you 110% want to use before going ahead with it

Reactions: Walilamdzi, autumnal, FriendofDeath and 2 others
D

Deleted member 9355

Jul 17, 2019
Thanks you for replying guys, I feel some kind of relief now that I can discuss this.

Yes, I have chosen it purely because I think it would work. I'm not the handy type and don't think I could manage hanging as so many things can go wrong, and I don't want to take a chance on other uncertain methods. Also this method has the benefit of not able to chicken out of. Once I'm chained to the ladder, there will be no chance that I will be able to free myself.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: FriendofDeath and GoodPersonEffed
Mundi

Mundi

May 31, 2020
Wow. That is...seriously terrifying. As far as effective, yeah, I think it would be very effective. You wouldn't last long even if someone happened across you and tried to get you out. But holy shit is that

Reactions: Deleted member 14573 and autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
Hey guys and girls.

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

What do you guys think?

Do bear in mind that if you are observed doing this, or found shortly afterwards, the first emergency responders to arrive are likely to be police who will all be carrying handcuff keys.

Agree with others on the absolutely terrifying nature of this method :notsure:

I would take really heavy sedatives.

Hell, I feel like taking really heavy sedatives just to handle having read about that planned method! :O

Last edited:
Reactions: ActualLesbian, FriendofDeath and GoodPersonEffed
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
Hey guys and girls.

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

What do you guys think?
For your own sake, please please PLEASE try to pass out before you fully submerge into the water. Drowning is incredibly painful and unless that's something you're looking for in a method, I really hope you can at least try to ctb a little more peacefully. I fully respect your decision on this method and if it's something you're willing to fully go through with, there's a high success rate, but be very wary about the pain.

Reactions: ActualLesbian and Jean Améry
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
Ok I am not being disrespectful, mean or rude in anyway. But the first thing that came to my mind when I read this was

FUCK THAT!

as in, I'm scared just reading it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Good4Nothing, Fedrea, autumnal and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
For your own sake, please please PLEASE try to pass out before you fully submerge into the water.

I hear your distress about this (apologies if I didn't quite accurately identify the feeling), it's a stress-inducing idea! But I just wanted to gently say that passing out before fully submerging wouldn't be possible in this scenario. The OP's goal is to handcuff him/herself to a rung on a ladder well below the surface of the water. S/he has to be conscious to do this.

Reactions: autumnal
Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
Are you interested in other options besides drowning? It seems like your main concern is reliability and tbh you *might* be able to pull this off but you will be in extreme agony and panic for your final moments.

Reactions: ActualLesbian, Good4Nothing and autumnal
allym101

allym101

Ally
May 29, 2020
I hear your distress about this (apologies if I didn't quite accurately identify the feeling), it's a stress-inducing idea! But I just wanted to gently say that passing out before fully submerging wouldn't be possible in this scenario. The OP's goal is to handcuff him/herself to a rung on a ladder well below the surface of the water. S/he has to be conscious to do this.
ah.. you do have a point there

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
D

Deleted member 9355

Jul 17, 2019
Yes, it is undoubtely going to suck. But I HAVE to have a certain method. I have neurological condition that makes my life hell on a second to second basis. Every waking moment is pure hell. And I have no experience of self harm in any way, so it has to work on the first try.

My alternatives are:
1) Hanging - but I can't tie a knot. And I don't have anything at home to tie it to. I don't know if I'm gonna go for suffocation or blocking of the blood flow ect. It seems to risky, the risk of harming myself even more is too great.
2) Ordering SN - Yeah, I could do it. But from where? And what brand? And how much? What about anti enemics? What happens if I throw up? Or panick and call the ambulance? Or make noises so my neighbours hear? Or Survive it but with damage? How lethal is this method really? To me it sounds too good to be true that you can take certain grams of this and then be assured to die. If it works that way I stand corrected of course, but I want a certain death.
3) Nembutal - same as above, with the added difficulty of getting a reliable seller & getting it across customs

In the end, this drowning method is HORRIBLE. But my life is hell, a neurological hell from which there is no relief. I suffer every second. I'm not going to be cured. I have to die. This method is the closest thing to a certain death I can think of, and I don't need any knowlegde, don't need how to tie a knot, don't have to try with pills which can have a million outcomes and so forth.

Sorry If I came across as aggressive, it wasn't my intention to be that against you guys. I'm just really frustrated about my situation. I live in a country where it is impossible to buy firearms, next to impossible to get stuff into customs and so forth.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ActualLesbian, pthnrdnojvsc, FriendofDeath and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Ordering SN - Yeah, I could do it. But from where? And what brand? And how much? What about anti enemics? What happens if I throw up? Or panick and call the ambulance? Or make noises so my neighbours hear? Or Survive it but with damage? How lethal is this method really? To me it sounds too good to be true that you can take certain grams of this and then be assured to die. If it works that way I stand corrected of course, but I want a certain death.

The concern about being heard is valid.

Other than that, I've thoroughly read everything available about the method, did a journal for planning preparation, even accidentally got a little bit of it my system and felt some of the symptoms. I'm confident that if I use 25g of SN to 50 ml of water and am not interrupted, I will die. It sounds like the first step is for you to find out if you can get it in your country.

Otherwise, I totally get what you're trying to do, and I think most folks do. You haven't been catching flak here like I expected. I hope you don't take it on that people are having a strong response to the method here. Reading it is like experiencing it. And it's natural to not want someone else to do what one would not themselves do. But you're the one who has to actually experience it, and if you're confident and committed, then you can do it. People have been committing suicide since forever, and if they are determined as you seem to be, they find a way no matter how challenging the method may be. If you have made your choice, and if this method seems right to you because it satisfies your requirements, is possible to accomplish, and you are capable, then of course it's good to check in with yourself for reasonable doubts to address. If they are satisfied, I'd say, stay your course! (Note that I'm not encouraging you to ctb, I'm encouraging you in your right to choose and determining your own course of action, whatever your choice and determinations may be.)

Sending much respect to you for being courageously vulnerable enough to put this out there so you could get the support you seek.

P.S. I wasn't dogging on any members for their comments, just trying to help the OP to not take them as negation or rejection if they didn't feel like they aligned with what s/he is seeking.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ActualLesbian, Mundi, FriendofDeath and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 9355

Jul 17, 2019
Great post, GoodPersonEffed. Thanks man. Yeah, I guess I'm going to have to keep thinking this through. It will be hard for sure, and I'm not going to do it soon. Heck, maybe not even this summer or year, but I need to have some certain alternative.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mundi, FriendofDeath and GoodPersonEffed
V

Varstraben

Student
May 25, 2020
It's sound terrifying ... The only hope that could come is sleeping from hypothermia before the water reach the middle of the head, with the high stress that could cause I'm not sure that heavy drugs should be enough

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
This sounds like a bad way to CTB. When you're under water, chained to a ladder, once your SI kicks in, and you want to surface but can't, CTB'ing will feel like being one of the victims in the movie "Hostel" or "Saw". You'll still achieve your goal, but at a very high cost: your final moments before boarding the bus will be pure torture.

Reactions: ActualLesbian and autumnal
happy?1270

happy?1270

Hydrangeas and delphiniums @ my funeral
Mar 11, 2020
Dang crazy but now I'm considering that oml

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
Hey guys and girls.

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

What do you guys think?
This was the same way a victim died in a murder mystery movie except it was to the lowest rung of the pool ladder by the foot. Anyway drowning is a horrible way to go imho.

Whale_bones

Whale_bones

Experienced
Feb 11, 2020
And I have no experience of self harm in any way, so it has to work on the first try.

Without any significant previous experiences of self harm, it is extremely hard for the human mind to imagine how tortuous this method will actually be. I don't want to list the graphic details, we can all come up with them, but it's how we're wired; the moment excruciating pain starts, it is all the mind sees and it screams stop, stop, stop. Only the tiniest ounce of that is produced when trying to imagine it, because your brain knows it's not happening now and saves 99% of the sensations for the actual event. I'm not trying to sound dramatic or scare you, I just wanted to mention this as something to really keep in mind. I don't want you to go through far more suffering than you ever expected, especially if there are other methods available to you.

Reactions: ActualLesbian
C

Crumbledank

May 14, 2020
Hey guys and girls.

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

What do you guys think?

Why would you put yourself through this suffering? Surely jumping from a suitable height is as guaranteed and a lot quicker.

If you do do this, I'd keep a signed statement on your body starting what you're doing etc. Might save law enforcement the bother of investigating a weird "murder".

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I'm worried about what @autumnal mentions: first responders being equipped to get the handcuff off, or SI strong enough to get your hand out even if it entails deglovement.

Please don't rush into anything, and be careful.

Reactions: ActualLesbian and autumnal
autumnal

autumnal

Enlightened
Feb 4, 2020
I'm worried about what @autumnal mentions: first responders being equipped to get the handcuff off, or SI strong enough to get your hand out even if it entails deglovement.

Please don't rush into anything, and be careful.

@oirwojt, there is also the significant risk of you being resuscitated 'successfully' even after a reasonable time underwater but ending up with brain damage or other massive impairment.

Close_to_freedom

Close_to_freedom

Why the long face? Cause I don’t wanna live here.
May 19, 2020
Worst idea ever

Reactions: restingspot
Dead beat dad

Dead beat dad

Enlightened
Mar 5, 2019
Hey guys and girls.

Advantages:

Disadvantages:

What do you guys think?
Wouldn't need the handcuffs for this to work. Anyone who trys this will have ball of cast iron. Jump off the dock and sink.
On a serious note, this sounds unreliable, terrifying and painful, much better options out there.
If you're suffering my brother I'm so sorry, please be careful and I hope light shines on you.
DBD

Reactions: FriendofDeath, ActualLesbian and restingspot
rikamonie

rikamonie

Experienced
Jun 3, 2020
have you read about the shallow water drowning method? its where you make yourself pass out in water before u drown so u wont struggle and feel pain ): i couldnt imagine suffocating to death in water