chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
She has been behaving strangely recently and she's also suicidal, but she started to ignore me, call me names and say many things that hurt me. She shows some signs of BPD, but was never diagnosed and refuses treatment. I try to be as comprehensive as possible. I've always been so sweet to her, even in those moments when she mistreats me, but it started to happen more often, to the point which it's impossible to even have a normal conversation with her and I'm feeling like I should break up, but I'm worried about her.

I never had any relationships before, despite my age and I also fear staying alone again. Who will ever want to be with me? I doubt it will happen again. And I don't have much time to wait.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Largeletters, shaolinwarrior, CoolGuy9 and 3 others
CoolGuy9

CoolGuy9

Mage
Mar 5, 2019
I wish I could give you some advice. Hopefully things start going better between you two.

BeyondGoodNEvil

BeyondGoodNEvil

Jun 22, 2020
considering your on this site you should just focus on your well being first
if things dont get better between you two just leave you shouldn't feel shit on in a relationship

Reactions: Largeletters and CoolGuy9
Largeletters

Largeletters

Alone
Jan 21, 2020
I partially relate to this. I was in a relationship with a girl for over a year who self-diagnosed herself with BPD (I don't buy that to excuse her shitty actions. Part of me believes she used it as an excuse), used the threat of killing herself to jerk me around and scare me into leaving, etc. Even when I was nice it made little to no difference. Everything I did was wrong, including not reading her mind when she told me she was feeling good (she wanted me to guess that she felt badly).

I'm guessing that your relationship isn't the only reason you're on SS. If I'm assuming right, you don't need the extra strain of this relationship on you with the rest of what you may be going through. It's understandable that you are worried about her, but she is not your responsibility. You cannot do what a professional can.

Those are my thoughts, wishing you all the best and I hope you can guide yourself to decide on what's best for you.

Reactions: Seaghost