Riadsala

Riadsala

May 11, 2020
I've made the mistake of telling a close friend about my suicidal thoughts. He's been angry and passive aggressive over it, and I kind of understand it since I had an ex who would talk about her suicidal thoughts a lot and I actually got angry at her because it felt like she was using me and didn't care about my feelings. But now I wish I tried to understand her more instead of just abandoning her. I've been trying to not be my ex, but I feel like I've been acting like her to my friend. It's just painful trying to talk to him anymore; every time I do he just feels completely distant and uninterested in me. He was the first one to make me feel cared about in a while. I wish I could go back to that time. My CTB date is coming up soon and originally I was going to send him a letter, but it'd be really fucked up to do that right? I'm just in distress over this situation. I wish I had someone who could care about and understand me.

• Hugs
Reactions: lostangel, inactive, Isadeth and 2 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I feel you. This has happened time and time again with me. Our friends, particularly those who don't feel the same way we do, don't really know how to help us or talk to us. This ends up isolating us even further. Eventually, we feel alone.

And then we end up on SS.

• Hugs
Reactions: zeroshark, Good4Nothing, inactive and 1 other person
InevitablePattern91

InevitablePattern91

Brazilian, 28y. Last weeks of life.
Jul 23, 2020
This also happened to me. I told my "best" friend about my thoughts of ctb. Then he told me to not do anything stupid, and since that day, he hasn't been around for weeks.

• Aww..
Reactions: know_better_than and zeroshark
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Suicide is too scary for most people to handle hearing about. It can cause a sense of panic, fear, and helpless. If you want his friendship contact him and apologize. Explain you have no real intentions and was just really upset at the time. Yeah. It sucks to lie and hide, but people run form this stuff since they can't handle it.

we are here if you need people to talk to about this. you won't be judged or scare us away. You're not alone, and can always reach out.

Reactions: Hornyaboutdeath, AnnonyBox, VIBRITANNIA and 2 others
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
Unfortunately most people will do that. People don't know how to handle suicide. It is so frowned upon. That's why I don't bother telling people. I recommend you talk to people on here as you are safe here and people understand and care.

Reactions: Hornyaboutdeath, searchingfreedom, Jack4230 and 1 other person
C

currylover

Jul 19, 2020
This literally just happened to me and it has been the worst. It feels so lonely, but we're all here for each other! Message me if you need someone to talk to ☺️

albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
This literally just happened to me and it has been the worst. It feels so lonely, but we're all here for each other! Message me if you need someone to talk to ☺
At least now You know that they are not real friends. Friends should not abandon you in a situation like this. Its so sad that its funny

Reactions: currylover
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I told 2 distant friends. Wish I hadn't as they haven't spoken to me since.

• Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide
InevitablePattern91

InevitablePattern91

Brazilian, 28y. Last weeks of life.
Jul 23, 2020
Well, now that we know it always works the same way. At least we can take advantage of this.

When wanting to drive away someone unwanted from your life, all you have to do is tell the person that you plan to ctb. As simple as that.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 262653 and Meditation guide
C

currylover

Jul 19, 2020
At least now You know that they are not real friends. Friends should not abandon you in a situation like this. Its so sad that its funny
Honestly you're right i'm glad I found out that this person was in fact not a real friend! I should have known earlier by how quickly her opinions of people changed but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. Boy was I wrong.

Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
@Riadsala I'm sorry your friend treated you like that. Like other posters wrote, it could just be that your friend doesn't know how to react, rather than not caring about you. If you want to reconnect with him, you could tell him you were having a bad day and you feel a bit better now.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
It seems to me that OP and his/her friend have conflicting stances on such basic things like life and death. I don't understand how can there be a close friendship when partners are looking in the opposite directions from each other. I think health freaks would be better off with other health freaks, moralists with others moralists, suicidals with other suicidals.

albino_elk

albino_elk

im infj with bpd=dysfunctional trash
Aug 25, 2020
It seems to me that OP and his/her friend have conflicting stances on such basic things like life and death. I don't understand how can there be a close friendship when partners are looking in the opposite directions from each other. I think health freaks would be better off with other health freaks, moralists with others moralists, suicidals with other suicidals.
Emmm... 2suicidal people ( from my life experences and friends) can drown you down even more. You want to help your partner but you can't same goes for him-her wanting to help you but they can't. Love can't heal traumas if we are not ready to receive healing:v .. but it is comfortable to be able to express ( lets hope without violence :D ) yourself and feelings to someone who have no interest to judge you no matter what a piece of shit you are.
but i know some suicidal people who managed to heal themselves and help their partners bcuz they love them and it hurts 2x or 1000 000x to hurt someone whom you love.

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Emmm... 2suicidal people ( from my life experences and friends) can drown you down even more. You want to help your partner but you can't same goes for him-her wanting to help you but they can't. Love can't heal traumas if we are not ready to receive healing:v .. but it is comfortable to be able to express ( lets hope without violence :D ) yourself and feelings to someone who have no interest to judge you no matter what a piece of shit you are.
but i know some suicidal people who managed to heal themselves and help their partners bcuz they love them and it hurts 2x or 1000 000x to hurt someone whom you love.

Fair point, I guess I wasn't specific enough. By suicidals I didn't meant those who are looking for healing/recovery, but those who think it's a waste of time and that they are better off dead, those who are looking for acquiring the necessary means for suicide, and... for psychological assistance in their advances.

Reactions: albino_elk
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
This is why I don't have friends, most people are only interested in you when it's convenient and when you wear a superficial mask in public.

chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
Then these are not friends, these are acquaintances.

Real friends are rare and would never let you down, whether they understand that or not is irrelevant.

D

draw a circle

out.
Apr 10, 2020
Aw damn this is what i fear from telling someone. I wanted to tell my closest friend but didn't want to trigger him and I think he would just stop talking to me if he thinks i'm "toxic" for him. might be just my anxiety talking tho but i'm not taking any risks. for what it's worth, people here cares about you. come talk to me anytime dude