• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

hexd

hexd

I draw with silver, and it turns red.
May 3, 2023
since my last job had health insurance and my brother kept begging for me to "give it another shot" i decided why not.

firstly, I used something called "talkspace" its online therapy but it had like the choice to video call, text chat, just random messaging etc.

for every session (without insurance) it wouldve been 125 USD. I only had to pay a five dollar difference.

they gave a choice for what gender you would prefer ; at first i didn't really care so i picked a man. turns out that 90% of the workers really only did anything in the morning ; going against my work hours. so i kinda just kept switching for the first few weeks.
then i finally found a lady who would accommodate for the hour i would leave work! it was her first time on the platform but she had tons of experience outside, and most of our
conversations were really just small talk.. whenever we got to the "nitty gritty" the session would be ending and she would rush just about everything or sum it all up to "we can continue this session next week" needless to say ; it wouldnt really do much of anything. in fact i would kinda just zone off most of the time since we would really just talk about my hobbies, like how i help out with a virtual and irl deaf community, and assist others with their social anxiety all just as a "hobby" we would never really get into my mental health at all, hell we talked about how i sh like two times for only three messages.
i think she started to notice the decline though, she asked at one point if i ever considered switching again just incase she isnt doing enough, i kinda felt bad and reassured her that shes doing "fine"
at one point my "severe anxiety and depression" was "so bad" she decided that we should do a session everyday, and that i should start being medicated. my insurgence didnt cover that (at the time i thought so anyway, it was another card or smthing like that) then she suddenly just switched it to once every other week. only had one session since and now my insurgence is up since i was laid off.

its the first time ive had any "help" since i was like, 11 years old and honestly it was pretty lack luster. this all went on for i wanna say.. maybe six months? real disappointing for me, a close friend of mine said that this is "kinda what to expect" so i didnt bother changing or anything, thinking maybe THIS time we'll actually talk about smthing serious. nope, was really just a much older curious friend. I take it as a sign that the world just wants me to CTB haha.
has anybody elses experience been similar to mine?
(i forgot to note that i picked the live text chat feature, and explained that once im "ready" we can move to video calls.)
also side note : EACH session was 5 dollars. so that every day session deal total would cost 35 a week, and if i DIDNT have insurance it wouldve costed around 870 USD.

Last edited:
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
not really, but therapy over here in Europe is different to the way it is in the US.
More professionell I'd say, if I'd sum it up, US therapy sounds more like venting to a friend or collegue.

In Europe it's way more task oriented and there's a distance between you and your therapist, they're not your friends and they never try to act like they are, they try to calmly understand and analyse your problems and figure out things you can actually do to deal with them.

It's no magic, more like consulting or councelling and from my experience it usually can't fix your problems, it can just, maybe, help you find a way to deal with them better.

Reactions: Kit1
hexd

hexd

I draw with silver, and it turns red.
May 3, 2023
im sure the goals is the same here too with her dismissing me as soon as our time is up, oh well. for something ppl hold so greatly to them its pretty useless for me.

Reactions: Kit1