D

Deleted member 8975

I love your baby kitty and I really really wish all of you well :aw: :hug::heart:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and BlackPoppet
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
@BlackPoppet, I'm so sorry Smudgey had to leave you. She's a good sweet girl who loves you very much, and you gave her a wonderful life full of love and sunny warmth. She's alway with you now. (((Hug)))

• Hugs
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Wise woman and Celtic sky person
Mar 7, 2020
I love your baby kitty and I really really wish all of you well :aw: :hug::heart:
Thank you! Unfortunately Smudge has Adenocarcinoma ( Breast Cancer) and it was starting to spread to her lungs. ( The vet suspected) She was an older Cat (13) and the Cancer was aggressive. She stopped eating a few days ago and stopped drinking 2 days ago. So she was very ill. We decided to have her put to sleep. She had a very good life and we just wanted to stop her pain. We feel gutted... but we know that we did the right thing by Smudge. Thank you for your kind words. :hug:
@BlackPoppet, I'm so sorry Smudgey had to leave you. She's a good sweet girl who loves you very much, and you gave her a wonderful life full of love and sunny warmth. She's alway with you now. (((Hug)))
Thank you sweetheart, you are very kind. She was a sweetheart of a Cat! She is reunited with her mum, brother and stepdad on Rainbow bridge. She is survived by her uncle, father and stepsister and cousin, my last 4 Cats. Xxx

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
D

Deleted member 4993

Aww bless you, I am so sorry for your loss of your loved one, sending you love and best wishes ❤

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: death137, BlackPoppet and Busdriver
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Aww bless you, I am so sorry for your loss of your loved one, sending you love and best wishes ❤
Thank you very much. I appreciate it immensely! :hug:

• Love
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. I experienced a similar shock cancer diagnosis with my dog and had to let him go. Your Smudge is at peace now.

• Hugs
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
So sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. I experienced a similar shock cancer diagnosis with my dog and had to let him go. Your Smudge is at peace now.
Thank you. Sorry to hear that your dog had Cancer also! My condolences to you. It's still a big shock to us. We miss Smudge a lot. At least she is not in any pain.

• Hugs
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I saw your post when you first posted but didn't have the words as I myself have lost my loyal companion and I felt sad when I read it. I know how painful it can be to part ways and adapt to life without her. Find comfort in the fact that you did what's best for her. Sending you hugs and love.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, WinterFaust and BlackPoppet
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I saw your post when you first posted but didn't have the words as I myself have lost my loyal companion and I felt sad when I read it. I know how painful it can be to part ways and adapt to life without her. Find comfort in the fact that you did what's best for her. Sending you hugs and love.
Thank you! It means a lot. I'm sorry to hear that you lost a companion too. As long as Smudge is out of pain, I'm ok with knowing that we did the right thing for her. It's still hard though.
Sending love and hugs back.:hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and WitheringAway
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
Hey Black Poppet. I just wanted to check in to see how you're holding up with everything.

• Love
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
Hey how are you?
Thank you for checking on me!
Ive paid ( today) for Smudge cremation in Cambridge and her Beech Casket. Her ashes will be back with us on 7 days. Sent by courier.
I still can't believe that she's gone and my boyfriend and I really miss her. So so much. She was a lovely, sweet lady. I named her the sweetheart of the household. I love her still, even though she's gone. Xxx

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, WinterFaust, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
WinterFaust

WinterFaust

Shimmer
Apr 13, 2020
I'm doing okay! I got my cat's ashes a week ago. It still doesn't feel real so I get it.

The love never fades. She seemed absolutely delightful and you were lucky to have each other when you did. I hope having her ashes and casket will bring you some measure of peace. Keep loving her. Sending you lots of love and hugs :hug:

• Love
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I love her still, even though she's gone.
Yeah, that never changes. I still think of my childhood dog. I have pictures of him on the wall and I imagine he is with me when I walk in the woods. Sentimental, I know, but hey. He was the best. So she will always stay with you in the effect she had on your life.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, BlackPoppet and WinterFaust
BlackPoppet

BlackPoppet

Mar 7, 2020
I'm doing okay! I got my cat's ashes a week ago. It still doesn't feel real so I get it.

The love never fades. She seemed absolutely delightful and you were lucky to have each other when you did. I hope having her ashes and casket will bring you some measure of peace. Keep loving her. Sending you lots of love and hugs :hug:
Thank you. Sorry for late reply. We got Smudges ashes back today! I'm glad that she's back home. I do feel more peaceful now that she's back here. Do you feel the same? Now that you have your Cats ashes back? We got her certificate of cremation as well.
Thank you for the love and hugs, love and hugs back to you!:hug::heart:
Yeah, that never changes. I still think of my childhood dog. I have pictures of him on the wall and I imagine he is with me when I walk in the woods. Sentimental, I know, but hey. He was the best. So she will always stay with you in the effect she had on your life.
Nothing wrong with having pictures of your Dog on your wall. Nothing wrong with imagining him walking with you in the woods!
Smudges ashes are back home. They arrived today. She is back with us. Xx
8220828A 4987 44BF 952B CDBB606C7EA8
4FC2660B F67C 4FB0 88B4 9F044BD12C22
Her cremation certificate is in the envelope behind the casket.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, ocd is bad, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person