awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
My son is on the spectrum and hes such a cute kid. I wish I could've been around more to help him be more normal in social situations. I've been estranged from kids for 2 years seeing them once a month. Hopefully when I CTB this will reduce the trauma to them.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: noname223, UseItOrLoseIt, RedHarlequin and 16 others
B

Brokenwithbpd

Mage
Jun 15, 2020
I'm so sorry you feel this way

• Love
Reactions: noname223, JustAMatterOfTime, RedHarlequin and 2 others
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
I'm going to tell you something you might not like, or it might help you. I'm high functioning and life is pure hell for me. If you just take a look at the raw statistics there is stuff out there like even with those of us with a degree 85% of us can't get or keep a job. Only 12% can make enough to be independent. The bulk of us end up offing ourselves or on the street. I can go on, but the cause isn't really being autistic. The cause actually is more on society and how society views it is OK to screw us over. Like in the USA it's legally OK to pay disabled people below a cent, and many places end up doing shady stuff because they can get away with abusing us. One place I worked at kept lowering my pay and making it more hell on me simply because they had a bet towards when I would quit.

IMO what would help him is you finding paths for him so he will be able to live a normal life. Like being a painter or whatever.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Sensei, Goodbye710, noaccount and 4 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
I'm guessing a lot of people here are on the spectrum. I for one have OCD and have self-tested as borderline Asperger's. I personally think OCD is a spectrum with Asperger's/autism but I digress.

I don't even know what I'm trying to say anymore.

Many suicidals I think are on the spectrum so I guess what I would ask is if you've questioned if your son himself might already be (suicidal)?

Nb no judgement on your personal suicidality; I feel we all have equal emotional pain here.

UPDATE: Just seen the OP posted in early December...

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I'm going to tell you something you might not like, or it might help you. I'm high functioning and life is pure hell for me. If you just take a look at the raw statistics there is stuff out there like even with those of us with a degree 85% of us can't get or keep a job. Only 12% can make enough to be independent. The bulk of us end up offing ourselves or on the street. I can go on, but the cause isn't really being autistic. The cause actually is more on society and how society views it is OK to screw us over. Like in the USA it's legally OK to pay disabled people below a cent, and many places end up doing shady stuff because they can get away with abusing us. One place I worked at kept lowering my pay and making it more hell on me simply because they had a bet towards when I would quit.

IMO what would help him is you finding paths for him so he will be able to live a normal life. Like being a painter or whatever.
Yeah I don't want to be "more normal" I just don't want people being given the power to exploit me.

The paying-disabled-people-pennies-an-hour thing is called "sheltered workshops" - look, there's legislation that actually might get rid of it now though. Getting rid of it means everyone has to be paid at least minimum wage - a huge step forward. Capitalists will try every way they can to spin it like this change is bad because they're "saving" the disabled people they're stealing from. Don't listen to them, eliminating sheltered workshops would be a huge victory.
https://www.newstribune.com/news/lo...concerns-sheltered-workshop-operators/858376/

IDK whether you're still with us awfullife and I'm sorry you weren't able to be in your kids life more, you both deserve better.

• Hugs
Reactions: Goodbye710 and demuic
T

Thatdude

Life is temporary, death is permanent
Sep 26, 2019
Yeah I don't want to be "more normal" I just don't want people being given the power to exploit me.

The paying-disabled-people-pennies-an-hour thing is called "sheltered workshops" - look, there's legislation that actually might get rid of it now though. Getting rid of it means everyone has to be paid at least minimum wage - a huge step forward. Capitalists will try every way they can to spin it like this change is bad because they're "saving" the disabled people they're stealing from. Don't listen to them, eliminating sheltered workshops would be a huge victory.
https://www.newstribune.com/news/lo...concerns-sheltered-workshop-operators/858376/

IDK whether you're still with us awfullife and I'm sorry you weren't able to be in your kids life more, you both deserve better.
I doubt it will be passed anytime soon. There has been talks of this being fixed since I was a kid.

But the exploitation goes way way way way beyond pay. It's easy to find workplace harassment videos, blogs, etc where someone who is autistic talks about some of the abuse they went through. And this is what really needs to be fixed. Someone said it a while back, and I feel this is true. A lot of the harassment many of us feared that would happen in HS, happens in workplaces and many times many many many times worse. I remember a few jobs I had where I was being picked on by people double my age. I even been laughed out of an interview and picked on during the interview. One of the jobs I had it was so bad that if I didn't get fired I was about a week off from running my car into a tree at top speed. I was just trying to find a way to make it look like an accident so my parents can get insurance money.
There is a reason why our statistical likely off offing ourselves is some of the highest groups out there. And it shows you that it's a problem with society and how society treats us when high functioning autistic are way way way way way way way higher likely to even thinking about offing ourselves vs low functioning.

Reactions: noaccount
Rockman

Rockman

Experienced
Feb 9, 2020
Its kind a creepy for me how easly people reproduce suffering. From what i read autism is horrible disorder to function with. Wish your son better life.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
My son is on the spectrum and hes such a cute kid. I wish I could've been around more to help him be more normal in social situations. I've been estranged from kids for 2 years seeing them once a month. Hopefully when I CTB this will reduce the trauma to them.

If you kill yourself you won't reduce your children's supposed trauma. What you will do is cause them trauma. You have brought children into this world and now you have to do your best to give them a good life.

• Love
Reactions: Meliæ, demuic and UseItOrLoseIt