ge0rge

ge0rge

the satanic mechanic
Jul 29, 2018
and with no intention to troll. I just need to get things off my chest and I have precious few friends I can talk to about this subject without things getting uncomfortable. therefore,

- I don't think states should sponsor suicide. I agree that they should allow certain substances to be made legal again, but I don't agree that the state should set up mechanisms and methods specifically for that purpose. no state sponsored Dignitas, and so on. sensible barriers should exist

- I think the whole "the state only wants to keep people permanently alive is FoR tHeM tO PaY TaXeS" is sooooo oo o oo moronic it hurts, I always get a profoundly physical reaction when I read it

- impulsively suicidal people should be stopped. no ifs no buts. personal autonomy is important, but teenagers killing themselves over breaking up with their bae is dumb and should be prevented

- I believe that the reason why SN is getting so much attention but gorier, bloodier methods -- such as guns or trains, to echo rain and sandness's thread -- aren't is because people are relying on the goriness and the bloodiness of those methods to be deterrents enough. perhaps with guns it's a bit more nuanced, god forbid we take away people's guns, but in general I think the motivation, lazy and stupid though it is, is 'who wants to jump and become human jelly? they won't have the guts to do it'.

and my favorite one, kept best for last

- I think there are valid and non-valid reasons for doing the deed. I inherently reject all painfully dumb pseudo-philosophical misreadings of Nietzsche as nihilistic, "I'm 15 years old and this is cool, life is a glaring void" nonsense. physical and emotional pain, especially if prolonged, are valid.

Reactions: makethepainstop, Fadeawaaaay, Yavannah and 3 others
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
I definitely think being ugly is a valid reason to die. Attractive people will never understand the pain of being ugly in a looks centered world.

Reactions: Yavannah
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
exist

- I think the whole "the state only wants to keep people permanently alive is FoR tHeM tO PaY TaXeS" is sooooo oo o oo moronic it hurts, I always get a profoundly physical reaction when I read it
Agreed, this can't be true since I don't

The rest of your postā€¦yes and no. I definitely feel I have a right to die and that I would obviously prefer not to face it alone, in secret, with less than peaceful methods and the risk of surviving. I don't really see a problem with state sanctioned assisted suicide since it won't be available to those who don't meet the criteria.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Agreed, this can't be true since I don't
920.jpg

• Yay!
Reactions: Un- and freedompass
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Nietzsche was a vitalist, it REALLY has to be a misreading to understand his poetically adorned nonsense as something pessimistic/nihilistic. He was begrudgingly related with nihilism but as an opponent, and finally went for some absurd exalted state about superhumans to come (that has to be Gen Z dancing and doing voiceovers on TikTok, no?) coupled with some other stuff he plagiarized from Arthur Schopenhauer such as the Eternal Return and The Will To Power.

Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
Eh. Harshly worded, but I think I agree (not that you asked). The balls on you to say this shit, though:

Man Body GIF

C

CowsAreCool

Student
Sep 21, 2021
Today, someone with a Steve Buscemi Pfp made me look up with word "gelid"

I personally find SN gory. Sure, its painless, but I'd rather be found with a gunshot wound than be a purple bloated mess. I've seen photos of SN victims and yuck.

And the state only wants to keep you alive because its a popular notion that suicide is wrong, for a multitude of reasons. The "state" itself doesn't care one way or another. Why would it.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
personally find SN gory. Sure, its painless, but I'd rather be found with a gunshot wound than be a purple bloated mess. I've seen photos of SN victims and yuck.
No death is ever pretty. Gunshots make a lot of mess to clean. It's only ever gonna be the least worst option.

makethepainstop

makethepainstop

Visionary
Sep 16, 2022
Hi GeorgešŸ˜Š! I can't fault your reasoning, you send m pretty logical. Each soul alone must decide how and when they want to leave. I feel there should never be pressure on people either way. Shame there isn't some delightful pill, for the job. If there was some variety of pill, shaped like a coffin and colored black, that guaranteed a quick departure from this wretched existence......they would never be able to keep it in stock! But those pro life idiots want to keep us suffering. I often wonder if because they live in misery, they like us to do the same. šŸ˜£

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
no one should be forced to live against their wishes just make N available to anyone and everyone for purchase over the counter thats the kind of world i want to live in where the individual autonomy is respected if we can't make life and the world worth living then let there be a way out cause clearly this place is highly inadequate at creating a lifetime worth living enslaved in this awful shit in this shithole and hellhole nobody in thier right mind would sign up to life in this place give the choice beforehand i don't see why we should force others to stay alive against their wishes

• Yay!
Reactions: makethepainstop