_
Jul 31, 2018

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44 and Deleted member 4993
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I don't listen to a lot of Fleetwood Mac but this is one of my favourite songs of all time.

• Love
Reactions: Studio84, XYZ, Chupacabra 44 and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
Over the weekend a life long childhood buddy asked something that related to Foreigners first album. Hence, the feel good thoughts from those memories led to this post. As much as I loved early Foreigner, they lost me when they went a little more pop with songs like "Hot Blooded" and "Double Vision". But, these dudes "laughed all the way to the bank" and are the 17th best selling rock band of all time, based on the list below. Unbelievable to me!

Had a statistics prof in grad school who always said, "show me your math", so with some applied knowledge I'll "show you my source" for the ranking, especially after a member astutely asked for my sources on two bipolar studies I was mentioning in another thread.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog and XYZ
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Over the weekend a life long childhood buddy asked something that related to Foreigners first album. Hence, the feel good thoughts from those memories led to this post. As much as I loved early Foreigner, they lost me when they went a little more pop with songs like "Hot Blooded" and "Double Vision". But, these dudes "laughed all the way to the bank" and are the 17th best selling rock band of all time, based on the list below. Unbelievable to me!

Had a statistics prof in grad school who always said, "show me your math", so with some applied knowledge I'll "show you my source" for the ranking, especially after a member astutely asked for my sources on two bipolar studies I was mentioning in another thread.

Don't show me the math, just the answer. (Said no maths teacher ever)

I love Foreigner, they songs shoot straight through the heart.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
One of my buds referenced this song yesterday when I stated that my CTB play list would be The Smiths and The Cure.

This song is probably in the top two Smiths songs for me. I included lyrics as I know English is not the mother tongue for many here.

And, BTW thanks to all of you who got with the program and helped decide English would be the universal language for the planet! Now, if we could just get rid of this silly metric system....... But, I'm proud to announce that after my government's endless efforts to switch me to metric, over the past four decades, I finally figured out that a kilo equals 2.2 pounds. I realized while watching the Columbian Narcos series on Netflix that fully grasping the quantity of a kilo might add in my understanding and enjoyment while watching this series.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, TriggerHappy and (deleted member)
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Lemmy is God.

• Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, Chupacabra 44 and XYZ
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Since no one mentioned it (I think) Alice in Chains!! (Layne era) Seriously if you haven't go check them out. I literally feel their music on an otherworldly level. As someone who is depressed, hurt, been addicted their music speaks to me. My favorite band ever! Rip Layne you are missed❤
Here is all albums and EPs:
Facelift- 1990.
Sap in early 1992 (EP)
Dirt 1992
Jar of Flies (EP) 1994
Alice in Chains (self titled album 1995.

MTV Unplugged Concert 1996 (definitely worth a listen!)

Music Bank 1999

I literally love all of their songs it's so hard to pick faves but here are a few of top of my head. Also all my custom titles are AIC lyrics.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: GrumpyFrog, TriggerHappy, Chupacabra 44 and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Since no one mentioned it (I think) Alice in Chains!! (Layne era) Seriously if you haven't go check them out. I literally feel their music on an otherworldly level. As someone who is depressed, hurt, been addicted their music speaks to me. My favorite band ever! Rip Layne you are missed❤
Here is all albums and EPs:
Facelift- 1990.
Sap in early 1992 (EP)
Dirt 1992
Jar of Flies (EP) 1994
Alice in Chains (self titled album 1995.

MTV Unplugged Concert 1996 (definitely worth a listen!)

Music Bank 1999

I literally love all of their songs it's so hard to pick faves but here are a few of top of my head. Also all my custom titles are AIC lyrics.

Alice in Chains helps me underscore a point that music hits people differently. I was sitting in the gym sauna after working out one day and in walks someone wearing an Alice in Chains t-shirt. We started talking about Alice in Chains. I told this woman that I love working out to Alice and Chains, because it makes me want to run through a wall. Her reply was it makes her want to go to sleep, and I can easily understand this; but, that's not how it hits me!

Make sure you watch the Jerry Cantrell appearance in the Primus video I posted above. Helps highlight that it's not just the equipment that makes one guitarist sound so incredibly different from one band to the next, because as a non musician I always question what's the musician and what is the equipment.

The radio station out here is doing a Led Zeppelin request day, and it got me thinking about this video. It helps explain why John Bonham was such an incredible drummer. If you like Zeppelin or drums or have interest with concepts like musical timing and precision, then this video is a must.

The video discusses the song Kashmir. I've read before that Kashmir took two years for Led Zeppelin to write. (Never cross checked to see if this was true). I could never understand why it would take a band like Led Zeppelin two years to write a single song. The complexity is well illustrated in this video.

Last edited:
Reactions: Worthless_nobody
W

Worthless_nobody

Enlightened
Feb 14, 2019
Alice in Chains helps me underscore a point that music hits people differently. I was sitting in the gym sauna after working out one day and in walks someone wearing an Alice in Chains t-shirt. We started talking about Alice in Chains. I told this woman that I love working out to Alice and Chains, because it makes me want to run through a wall. Her reply was it makes her want to go to sleep, and I can easily understand this; but, that's not how it hits me!

Make sure you watch the Jerry Cantrell appearance in the Primus video I posted above. Helps highlight that it's not just the equipment that makes one guitarist sound so incredibly different from one band to the next, because as a non musician I always question what's the musician and what is the equipment.

The radio station out here is doing a Led Zeppelin request day, and it got me thinking about this video. It helps explain why John Bonham was such an incredible drummer. If you like Zeppelin or drums or have interest with concepts like musical timing and precision, then this video is a must.

The video discusses the song Kashmir. I've read before that Kashmir took two years for Led Zeppelin to write. (Never cross checked to see if this was true). I could never understand why it would take a band like Led Zeppelin two years to write a single song. The complexity is well illustrated in this video.

For me Alice in Chains has music I FEEL like on a deeper unexplainable level. I relate so much to their music because it relates so much to my own life. I think some songs get me really pumped up and energized but usually I listen to music to relax and decompress. Im one of those people that really likes to relate to the music I'm listening to. Sometimes I hear a song where I like the sound but not the lyrics or I like the lyrics but not the sound. AIC is one of the ones that does both for me. I literally cannot think of a song of theirs I dislike.

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44
TriggerHappy

TriggerHappy

In the kingdom of th blind; the one-eyed are kings
Jan 24, 2021
this was such a cool thread... @Chupacabra 44 i came across this and thought of your posts: (thanks)

Beethoven Vs Chemical Brothers - Symphony No. 5 Vs Galvanize (Djs From Mars Bootleg)​

they have loads (bee gees & gwen stefani also cool)

yeah, it's saturday nite (lockdown yaaaawn!)

• Love
Reactions: Hennessy