Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
In this thread, some of us older members will share some of our favorite tunes from yesterday to help expose our target market - the 18 to 21 year old SS members to some decent music from the past.

Share whatever you would like for our younger audience to experience. The only "rule" is the music needs to be at least 15 years old. No need to put up a Beyonce video up, since its curent, for example.

In a sentence or a paragraph explain what the song or the group/singer means to you and/or how/why this song should resonate with our target market.....again the 18 to 21 year old members of SS.

Capische?

Okay. I'll start.

Welcome to the group Depeche Mode. These guys were part of a sound change in music; Part of the movement that changed the sound of rock away from classic rock. Many hear of the stage presence of Freddy Mercury of Queen, but, Dave Gahan is right up there with him. Notice all the synthesizers in the group. This electronic music from the early 1980s changed the dynamic away from the Led Zepplin type groups of the 1970s.

18 to 21 year old target audience. Your job is to listen and provide some feedback. Did you like it? Why, or why not?

Okay. We are off to a great start!!! But, we can't lose momentum. You might not see it here but my DMs are being flooded right now with mad props......hopefully, the servers won't crash with all your outpouring of support!!!

Next, is The Cure......now before you click away, what if you knew that Kyle Broflovsky of South Park states in an episode that their Disintegration is the best album ever. See???? Trust me!!!!

I agree with Kyle. Any deep thinker on this board who hasn't listen to the album Disintegration is really doing themselves a disservice. Listen to the album. Incredibly melodic with such poetic lyrics. Every single song on this entire album is a gem!

The Cure, frankly, is not the best sounding live band ever. Some of the synth sounding groups did not translate well into a live acts, IMO, but here is a live song, nonetheless. Deep soul crushing lyrics. Give it a listen, and if you don't trust my tastes, I know you'll trust Kyle's.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Studio84, TriggerHappy, Hennessy and 11 others
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
When I was young and free in the 11th century I used to listen to troubadour music. Sadly no live recordings from the period survived because the plagues wiped all the troubadours off the face of the Earth before they could record their lovely songs. Pity - now a recording would have come in handy.

• Love
Reactions: lostangel, Myforevercharlie, Deleted member 1465 and 4 others
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
When I was young and free in the 11th century I used to listen to troubadour music. Sadly no live recordings from the period survived because the plagues wiped all the troubadours off the face of the Earth before they could record their lovely songs. Pity - now a recording would have come in handy.

Well, can't you hum a few bars and upload it for us?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: XYZ and Deleted member 4993
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
First of all the music isn't in English but like it said music has no boundaries.

Since I greatly admire Japan and its ppl I will post this. Its a music by Tilahun Gesesse (the man in the video is not him) about a Japanese woman. The song was first made some decades before the video. He fall in love with her when he was in the Far East and he is remembering it. He is admiring her beauty behavior and manner. It has real life background. My country had sent soldiers to the Korea war and before the ships reach Korea they went to Japam and one of the soldier fall in love with a Japanese woman and wrote a song and the singer (Tilahun) later sung it. So if there are 18-21 old in love with Japanese women or Japan in general this might be for you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: XYZ, Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
If you could some how magically go back in time to the year 2018 and do one thing what would you do? Exactly! We all would do this, because this is a rhetorical question. If you're new here and don't know the answer, we would all rush over to the SN mega thread to post on the very first page of the thread, thereby securing our place in history!

Well, this is your chance to be on the front page of the SN mega thread of tomorrow - today.......the musical flashbacks thread! We all missed the boat once; don't miss the boat twice! Get on here NOW before we roll over to page two.

Next, we're going to switch it up a bit. We're going to a post-grunge group called, Audioslave. The interesting thing about Audioslave is it was formed by the three musicians from one of the all-time greatest bands, Rage Against The Machine. They added Chris Cornell formally from Soundgarden to be the lead singer of Audioslave. This was quite a change for Rage Against The Machine, since they were known to have their incredible, hip-hop rap singer who was phenomenal, but then added Chris, a true legend to the lineup. This was just a stroke of genius as far as we're concerned, because Chris has one of the best voices ever in rock history. (RIP Chris....he CTBed).

Interesting fact Tom Morello, the guitarist, is a Harvard grad.

Little known fact Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Nirvana all three released their first albums all within 2 (?) weeks of one another. And all three were from Seattle at the time of these releases. Random? I'm doubtful.

Anyway here is Audioslave - Show Me How To Live.

Fyi, 10/10 recommend this if you are triggered manic/hypomanic.

No other song hits me like this one, when triggered.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: TriggerHappy, Worthless_nobody, death137 and 3 others
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Just received notice from SS administrators that participation in this thread will be maxed out due to fire Marshal regulations.

People, I can't stress this enough this thread will take over the SN mega thread in popularity by this time next year.

Old school saying, don't be late to the party.

Here is IMO the only band that has ever gotten better with age and sustained prolonged success after a very slow start. The drummer Chad Smith is the twin to Will Farrell. Jimmy Fallon does a really funny spoof of a drum off between those two if you want to watch it on YouTube.

If you know of a video that exceeds the passion and energy illustrated by guitarist John Frusciante here, then post it, because I want to see it.

I would love for a guitarist to chime in concerning what I'm about to say.

Frusciante is playing with one hand through parts of the song watch him closely. He's the dude in the red checkered Pendleton. In addition, he is playing how Eddie Van Halen plays. It's my understanding that Eddie perfected playing with two hands on the neck of the guitar/fret.

No offense to the Van Halen fans out there, and back in the day I listen to them, but HERE Frusciante's guitar work sounds way better than any of Van Halen's, IMO, and I know that many disagree with this.

The name of the piece is don't forget me by red hot chili peppers. Maybe we can put that on my tombstone - don't forget me.

Play it loud and see if you can wake up your neighbors.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: death137 and Deleted member 4993
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Welcome back to the musical flashbacks thread where our moto is come for the tunes and stayed for the jokes.

Rarely will you see us post back to back with the same artist, but we are going to revisit red hot chili peppers in this next video. The peppers are notorious for going from one guitars to another. Recently the guitarist we are going to watch below, Josh Klinghoffer, was replaced for our star in the last video, John Frusciante. Poor Josh, but it's a business and we will welcome back our personal favorite, Frusciante.

Compare and contrast the styles between the two guitarists and if you're like me the decision to swap out was black and white. And, this is not to down play that Josh's brief solo and the music below doesn't Rock, because it does. But clearly Josh lacks the heart and soul that Frusciante possesses.

If we're going to split hairs the video below does not meet my OP criteria, and if you're anal retentive enough to want to report me to the mods for my violating my own op guidelines then go for it.

The beauty of this music video is the peppers demonstrate how with the right director and editor and a budget of $499, an outstanding music video can be made.

Love this group; love this song; love this video.

Red hot chili peppers - dark necessities.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: death137, Deleted member 19654 and Deleted member 4993
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
If you could some how magically go back in time to the year 2018 and do one thing what would you do? Exactly! We all would do this, because this is a rhetorical question. If you're new here and don't know the answer, we would all rush over to the SN mega thread to post on the very first page of the thread, thereby securing our place in history!

Well, this is your chance to be on the front page of the SN mega thread of tomorrow - today.......the musical flashbacks thread! We all missed the boat once; don't miss the boat twice! Get on here NOW before we roll over to page two.

Next, we're going to switch it up a bit. We're going to a post-grunge group called, Audioslave. The interesting thing about Audioslave is it was formed by the three musicians from one of the all-time greatest bands, Rage Against The Machine. They added Chris Cornell formally from Soundgarden to be the lead singer of Audioslave. This was quite a change for Rage Against The Machine, since they were known to have their incredible, hip-hop rap singer who was phenomenal, but then added Chris, a true legend to the lineup. This was just a stroke of genius as far as we're concerned, because Chris has one of the best voices ever in rock history. (RIP Chris....he CTBed).

Interesting fact Tom Morello, the guitarist, is a Harvard grad.

Little known fact Soundgarden, Pearl Jam and Nirvana all three released their first albums all within 2 (?) weeks of one another. And all three were from Seattle at the time of these releases. Random? I'm doubtful.

Anyway here is Audioslave - Show Me How To Live.

Fyi, 10/10 recommend this if you are triggered manic/hypomanic.

No other song hits me like this one, when triggered.

I love all things Chris Cornell. His talent was out of this world :heart:
"Like a stone" haunts my days and nights.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Worthless_nobody, Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
I love all things Chris Cornell. His talent was out of this world :heart:
"Like a stone" haunts my days and nights.

Amen mate!

I had two tickets to watch Chris play unplugged in my city at a very small venue in 2016. My sister, a big classical rock fan, had no idea who Chris was!

I was super depressed the week of the show, and gave sis my ticket for her to take a friend. Regrets. F***king mood disorder!

His death hit my sister hard. (My mom CTBed when we were both in our early 30s and she has never recovered and Chris doing the same brought up old memories/pain seemingly for her).

Would love for you to post your favorite Cornell piece either from Soundgarden, Audioslave or whatever you know of that you like best.

Peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, XYZ, death137 and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 4993

• Love
Reactions: Studio84, TriggerHappy, Hennessy and 6 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
We could all post so may songs here, but really, there can be only one (even if you don't like them)...

Rawr! :blarg:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Myforevercharlie, XYZ and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Thank you very much for your contributions!

I had a very funny joke in my mind planned for this morning tying in the philosophical question of - if a tree falls in the forest and no one's there to hear it, does it make a sound. Perhaps you could see how I would tie that concept into my thread here prior to your participation. Lol

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
if a tree falls in the forest and no one's there to hear it, does it make a sound
Please don't make a new thread asking that question, pleeeeaaaase no, it will cause the SS AI to reboot in paradoxical confusion. You'd may as well go all out and fire the Liar Paradox at it whilst you are there. :blarg:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, XYZ and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Here is an interesting video of Genesis while Peter Gabriel was still in the band, and while I love this song, and enjoyed many of Peter's songs post Genesis, I have to shamefully admit, nevertheless, that I preferred Phil Collins's Genesis. His pop like music unfortunately really appealed to my ears, plus he just seems like a great individual.

I watched a video of Phil Collins a while back where he said that Peter Gabriel parted Genesis in large part because Peter became so big and Peter became the band.

I did not perceive any malice on the part of Phil's side he was just stating very matter of fact how things transpired. No doubt everyone in the band made some good coin with Peter's approach. And no doubt they made even more coin once Peter departed and Phil's influence took over.

Anyway I feel that this video helps highlight exactly what Phil was discussing. I watch this video and ask myself if perhaps Peter had his own mental health issues at this point in time, or is this all just 100% and act? Perhaps too many drugs?

• Love
Reactions: Hennessy, Deleted member 4993 and Myforevercharlie
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
The Smiths/Morrissey were the soundtrack to my angsty adolescence and are a balm for lost and lonely souls:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Good4Nothing and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
The Smiths/Morrissey were the soundtrack to my angsty adolescence and are a balm for lost and lonely souls:

Right there with you I love The Smiths and Morrissey and Johnny Marr.

If you are a younger member and the deep thinking melancholy type and don't know the Smiths and Morrissey get on YouTube and listen - great lyrics.

Perhaps if the younger generation had decent music from much to select they would be more chipper.

Reactions: CrazyMary, Deleted member 4993 and Mistake of Nature
XYZ

XYZ

Jul 22, 2020
Speaking of Van Halen... I remember when I was young this masterpiece played on MTV. Those were the glory days :heart:

His death hit my sister hard. (My mom CTBed when we were both in our early 30s and she has never recovered and Chris doing the same brought up old memories/pain seemingly for her).

I am sorry about your mom, Chupa!

This is going to sound strange but I think about Chris every day. That last show in 2017, him alone in the hotel room, talking to his wife who felt he was off. The hotel staff who didn't let the bodyguard come into the room despite his wife's pleas that something was very, very wrong and they needed to check on Chris. And the image of him alone in the bathroom doing partial with an elastic training band... this amazing talent, so humble, so special ... it cuts right through my soul. That voice... He sings in heaven now with Cobain, Staley and Bennington.

When I think that evil people roam this Earth and Chris died, I can't breathe. It makes my blood run cold.

I understand that your sister is reeling from his death. I heard many people say that his passing touched them on a very deep and personal level, as if he was someone close to them. I mean... I think about his death every day, that's how much it affected me.

His wife's words in the letter she published after his death show he was loved like few are loved. "Rest in peace, sweet Christopher."

May we all rest in peace when our time comes.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Hennessy, onlyeverexisting, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Speaking of Van Halen... I remember when I was young this masterpiece played on MTV. Those were the glory days :heart:

I am sorry about your mom, Chupa!

This is going to sound strange but I think about Chris every day. That last show in 2017, him alone in the hotel room, talking to his wife who felt he was off. The hotel staff who didn't let the bodyguard come into the room despite his wife's pleas that something was very, very wrong and they needed to check on Chris. And the image of him alone in the bathroom doing partial with an elastic training band... this amazing talent, so humble, so special ... it cuts right through my soul. That voice... He sings in heaven now with Cobain, Staley and Bennington.

When I think that evil people roam this Earth and Chris died, I can't breathe. It makes my blood run cold.

I understand that your sister is reeling from his death. I heard many people say that his passing touched them on a very deep and personal level, as if he was someone close to them. I mean... I think about his death every day, that's how much it affected me.

His wife's words in the letter she published after his death show he was loved like few are loved. "Rest in peace, sweet Christopher."

May we all rest in peace when our time comes.

Touching post. Thanks!

I used to be seriously into cycling (road bike). I went through some tubes while on a ride one day, and I stopped at a bike shop to pick some up during my ride. I always ride with Audioslave, as a key component in my iPod. Gets me pumped!

Anyway, here comes me middle-aged dude with his dangling earbud cables into the bike shop. Of course there are two over the top hipsters working in the bike shop. These guys were probably in their early to mid-20s.

One of the two dudes asked me, "soooo....what are you listening to". I had Audioslave on. He asked me in an ever so slightly patronizing tone. No doubt they thought I would say something like "oooohhh... Lawrence Welk", and they would probably have started making fun of my musical choices a minute after I left their store.

I actually 100% knew these guys were into Audioslave just by looking at them. My retort was...."oooohhhhh.... Audioslave, have you heard of them?"

Dudes about had heart attack they were so shocked......we spent the next 30 minutes talking Chris Cornell, Soundgarden, Tom Morello, RAMM, etc., etc.

Tl;dr. Never judge a book by its cover. Tiny touch of tongue in cheek irony....if u catch it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and XYZ
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Interesting day today. I received a DM asking me who I thought represented the boy band genre during my day. The person who sent me the DM is apparently a huge fan of New Kids on the Block, Boyz II Men, and NSYNC, but they advised me that they prefer not to post on the open forum. No doubt some of you are thinking this DM came from Mm80, but please stop trying to guess, because I assured this individual that I would not reveal his name.

Some people actually think that the Beatles were the first boy band. I was really young when that stuff was going on, so I'm not so sure. But, my guess would be no, The Beatles weren't a boy band.

I thought about for the '80s who I would consider a boy band. My guess would be maybe Duran Duran. Anybody agree?

And don't get me wrong I had Duran Duran cassettes. On behalf of one of my favorite members from the UK I'd like to play for him some Duran Duran. Here is a softy but a goody - Come Undone.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie, sufferingalways and Deleted member 4993
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
'70s music servered its purpose at the time and no one loved Zeppelin more than I did, but how many more times do I need to hear Stairway to Heaven? If you still enjoy it, great. I think it's the best rock song ever, but I've heard it thousands of times. And, try as I might with my sister I can't get her to listen to any other decade of music besides the '70s; to each his own.

On the other hand, I venture to guess that some of you might not know a relatively obscure group called The Tubes, who are nowhere near my favorite, but are interesting, nonetheless. I'm not sure any group ever reminded me of The Tubes. They had two or three songs that got some level of airtime. But, safe to say this group never made it big.

This song is White Punks on Dope by The Tubes. If you're still watching for Madonna and are bummed and want to click away, don't leave and watch this video. It is interesting, if nothing else. We have a special shout out to SS in the lyrics.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Are you like me and get tired of hearing the same sounds over and over in music? Do you know the band Primus? I first heard Primus at Woodstock in 1994 from the comfort of my own home. I was instantly hooked. Without a doubt in my mind the singer and bass player Les Claypool is phenomenal. To my ear Les is the best bass player ever. What I like about this clip is we can compare and contrast what two different guitarists can produce from the exact same guitar at essentially the exact same moment in time.

The regular guitarist for Primus, forgive me I have no idea his name, gives his guitar to Jerry Cantrell from Alice in Chains at 3:10 mark in the video. Listen to the sound Jerry can produce just by taking somebody else's guitar and playing. I love Primus, and I love the guitarist but he is no comparison to Jerry.

Here is the clip.

I would be remiss if I didn't attach my favorite Primus song ever called, Bob.

It's an extremely dark song and coincidentally it's about suicide. It's so dark I was never able to play it for any of my friends IRL, but here I think it'll be appreciated perhaps both for the sound and the lyrics. in fact I think there might be a threat about suicide songd so I'll post this over there as well but make sure you listen to this one if you want to hear some dark lyrics.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kassender, Worthless_nobody and Deleted member 4993
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
'70s music servered its purpose at the time and no one loved Zeppelin more than I did, but how many more times do I need to hear Stairway to Heaven? If you still enjoy it, great. I think it's the best rock song ever, but I've heard it thousands of times. And, try as I might with my sister I can't get her to listen to any other decade of music besides the '70s; to each his own.
I have most of the LPs on vinyl. And yes, Stairway was and is, amazing.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Here is a band with a very special place in my heart. Jethro Tull, Aqualung, was the very first album I purchased. For my 13th birthday I convinced my mom to take me and my sister to a Jethro Tull concert.

This was my first rock concert ever. I couldn't wait to wear my newly purchased Jethro Tull t-shirt to school the next day and have all my little friends smell how badly the T-shirt reeked from all the weed smoked the night before from all of those around us; I was so proud to show off how hip I perceived that I was.

Ian Anderson is the singer and leader of Jethro Tull. It's his group. Anderson is an extremely intelligent man and you can hear that in his songs he's extreme articulate and poetic. I recall reading after his concerts, unlike his peers, he would retreat to his hotel room and read versus getting crazy through drugs and drink. I read Ian Anderson did not partake.

He was quite the showman and has a unique flare about him. He packaged himself as a gypsy type minstrel. It was interesting because I read that at one point in time through his success as a musician, he took his resources and invested in becoming ultimately the largest salmon farmer in the world. If I remember correctly he was running his operation out of Scotland. I Googled a few years ago and I remember reading he sold his salmon farm. No doubt for a large profit.

He too was unique because he used to play the flute in a lot of his songs. This was in complete contrast to a lot of the harder rock sounding bands of the day. Although in the song Aqualung there is no flute, one can hear the flute prevalent through many of the songs.

Here is the song Aqualung which was one his most well-known songs back in the day. The press mistakenly perceived the album Aqualung was a thymed story throughout the entire album. This drove Ian Anderson up the wall to the point that his very next album entitled Thick as a Brick (a shot at the press?), was only one song. The entire album front and back was one song! :pfff::pfff:

It's actually a great album extremely intelligent and no doubt Anderson made his point loud and clear to the rock and roll press. If you like the song Aqualung do yourself a favor and listen to the entire album Thick as a Brick. Awesome lyrics with awesome contrasts.

Trust me take a couple of minutes and watch this video, if you don't know Jethro Tull. If for no other reason, then to see something a little bit different.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: int5, TriggerHappy, XYZ and 2 others
onlyeverexisting

onlyeverexisting

Nov 24, 2019
I just aged out of your target demographic here. I'm 22. Does that mean I'm old enough now to share music?

Sisters of Mercy is a underrated choice imo:

All good selections here! But I think you'd be surprised what gen z actually listens to though. I mean of course a lot of people listen to modern pop (which there's nothing wrong with), but I'd bet that you could point at any younger person walking down the street wearing mom jeans and they probably listen to the Smiths, the Cure, Talking Heads, etc. Most of us have at least one tattoo I'd guess, and you can't walk into a tattoo/piercing shop without hearing Enjoy the Silence or Personal Jesus. I'm pretty sure it's a law. Hell, RHCP still plays at huge music festivals. I think a lot of these groups came back with the resurgence of vinyl and the whole vintage aesthetic.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Myforevercharlie, Chupacabra 44 and 1 other person
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
Thanks to my good friend @Maxtothemax this is Chupacabra 44 coming to you beyond the grave -

bbbwwwwwaaaahhhhh,!?!?!

I'm sworn to secrecy what it's like to be dead from SS, but I can share it's a very cold and dark place to be. Not recommended for anyone. On the chupacabra scale of 1 to 10. I rate it 2/10.

As they say in Hollywood, the show must go on. So, here we go.......

Do you believe in reincarnation?

The scuttlebutt is this young girl could be The reincarnation of John Bonham, who in the opinion of many is the best drummer in rock and roll history; I too share this opinion.

Little Yoyoka is a young Japanese girl who is getting the attention of many within the music industry.

At the age of three Yoyoka was doing triplets. Triplets is a drumming technique that was initially incorporated into rock and roll music by John Bonham. It is chupacabra's understanding that triplets are difficult even for some professional drummers to accomplish.

I saw a video of the former singer of Led Zeppelin, Robert Plant, watching Yoyoka perform a cover of a Zeppelin song where she does triplets as an eight-year-old. Plant was thoroughly impressed as triplets are no easy task! If chupacabra's failing memory is accurate, this video is on yoyoka's YouTube channel.

Here we see yoyoka doing the cover for Rage Against the Machine - Bulls on Parade. Watch how the music hits young Yoyoka. You can see by her facial expressions that the music hits her soul.

Watch this video and then check out her YouTube channel, so you can see more.

I highly recommend you watch when she was a little girl around the age of three giving drumming lessons. Incredibly cute. So cute, it almost makes me want to have baby chupacabras.

Brad Wilk, the drummer for rage against the machine saw this video and he reached out to the yoyoka through Twitter. I know Yoyoka appeared on stage with Cyndi Lauper during a tour in Japan. However, to my untrained eye it almost looked as though little Yoyoka might have had some sort of panic attack during her appearance with Cyndi.

I saw some clips of Yoyoka appearing on The Ellen Degeneres show as well.

I haven't checked Yoyoka's progress in the last few months, but in my never-ending efforts to entertain the musical peeps from SS, I figured I would get this video up.

Bon appetit and if you're like me you're munching on some fish and chips and some Curry right now. Mmmmm

• Love
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Page 4? Really? The hottest up and coming thread and you guys let it slip to page 4 in my brief absence? Wow, guess I have clear vision what would happen to my SS legacy if ever I were to CTB. SMH.

Sis was always a huge fan of Billy Idol. This video showed up in my fed so I watched and shared it with my sister. She replied that Billy reminded her of sweety Elvis in his final years. (Shout out to my late mom for taking me to see Elvis in Vegas during his last years in the biz. Shout out to Elvis for not dripping any sweat on me. RIP to both).

In this video, try and ignore Billy's sweat and focus on the drummer. (I sometimes sweat too much too, so not casting stones). Dude does stuff with his sticks I have never seen. Unfortunately, the gurus inside Billy's camp did all they could in this video to not have the drummer show up Billy .........too late I see it. Drummer is the star of the show.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Myforevercharlie, Hennessy and 2 others
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Not ashamed to admit it, but I enjoy some of what the Twenty One Pilots produce. Love Tyler's rap and plenty of his lyrics, and Josh is incredibly charismatic.

The only complaint I have is I don't like how they're packaged. It feels a little bit too sophomoric for me. Seems they try to target teenagers for their base.

When I started checking out their videos I was a little surprised that seemingly I might be the only person over 30 years old who likes this group. I imagine much of this has to do with how they're packaged.

But as my late mother would have said, "these guys are laughing all the way to the bank."

But just like Angus Young from ACDC, who is stuck wearing his school boy outfit in his 60s, let's see how much these guys enjoy wearing their little Halloween costumes 30 years from now.

If it were me, I would rather have say 10% lower record sales and then not have to be stuck wearing some Halloween costumes for the rest of my performing life. Ouch.

If I were their manager, I would say drop that shtick immediately, because the music stands on its own they don't need a gimmick. And, do they really want to have to wear these outfits for the rest of their performing lives?

Even KISS tried dropping their gimic but couldn't, and had to go back to their well known practice of wearing costumes and makeup.

Man, when I see stuff like this I just really miss the simplicity from the grunge era.

Check out this video from the 36-minute mark. Here is another example of something I've never seen - the drummer is basically on a little drum kit intermingled with his fans.

Really like both these guys and although I haven't read much of anything on them I assume they're pretty decent dudes. At least, this is how they feel to me.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Deleted member 4993, Deleted member 19654 and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Money isn't my favorite Pink Floyd song, but I became more interested in it when I learned that David Gilmour said this was the song that reminded him most of Rodger Waters. Gilmore said that it's such a quirky song and that he would never have written it himself, but he felt it best represented Waters not because of the lyrics but rather because of the time sequence.

Waters seemingly is extra quirky and I'm a fan.

The song goes from a 4-4 sequence to an 8/8 sequence or something like this. If you listen closely you can hear it doubling in Cadence and then going back to the slower 4/4 Cadence. Gilmore also stated that he felt very sorry for the saxophone player having to play this song.

• Love
Reactions: XYZ, Hennessy and Deleted member 4993
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Page 4? Really? The hottest up and coming thread and you guys let it slip to page 4 in my brief absence? Wow, guess I have clear vision what would happen to my SS legacy if ever I were to CTB. SMH.

Sis was always a huge fan of Billy Idol. This video showed up in my fed so I watched and shared it with my sister. She replied that Billy reminded her of sweety Elvis in his final years. (Shout out to my late mom for taking me to see Elvis in Vegas during his last years in the biz. Shout out to Elvis for not dripping any sweat on me. RIP to both).

In this video, try and ignore Billy's sweat and focus on the drummer. (I sometimes sweat too much too, so not casting stones). Dude does stuff with his sticks I have never seen. Unfortunately, the gurus inside Billy's camp did all they could in this video to not have the drummer show up Billy .........too late I see it. Drummer is the star of the show.

Dude. You've seen elvis live?

Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
Yes sir. At the Las Vegas Hilton. It was around 1972 or 1973? , I was about 11 years old.

99% sure he was based at the Hilton for a long time and this is where we saw him.

Reactions: XYZ, Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 19654