JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
Another song! You're spoiling me :)
I didn't want to derail the thread (and she's my favorite J Pop Idol, so I enjoy posting her songs). Last one I promise. :)

Reactions: littlepillbox, LastFlowers and Life+me=error
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019

TOOL was my favorite band growing up and whenever I listen to them I realize why. Not only is the music good, but I've loved the deeper meanings behind the lyrics of their songs.

I am so old and basically love acid rock, Madonna, and sometimes Drake. But Tool just blows me away. I can't name a song to save my life, but I vividly remember the one video where it was some sort of animation where this entity was doing abusive things and basically rearranging this helpless entities insides. It was disturbing, but I absolutely loved it. I'm sure you know the one I mean, this childlike creature was on like an assembly line, and the evil dude just totally messed him up. I felt like society does that to all of us, and our individual families do as well, albeit with seemingly good intentions. Plus the music and the singer's voice were so different from anything I'd ever heard before. My bf is asleep right now, but I'm going to be checking out that Enema video. Thank you for reminding me about them - I've always wanted to learn more of their music, but life has a way of making you forget.

So since I'm so back in the day, I have to say the Fleetwood Mac song, "Landslide," always gets me. Stevie Nicks' voice wasn't destroyed at that point and still had that vulnerable, haunting quality to it. Plus she was struggling with getting too old to really be "discovered" in musical terms (27,) and she was doubting how much she loved her partner and the quality of their connection. I just always feel like you can hear the uncertainty in her voice, and that fear of getting too old to make her dream happen, and then having to settle for being an English teacher. It's interesting that when she and Lindsey Buckingham auditioned for Fleetwood Mac, they really didn't even want her. The male egos in the band never got over her popularity. I'm not crazy about every song she's ever written, but I kind of feel like the line about the landslide bringing her down was an unconscious desire to ctb.

Also, thanks everyone young here for giving me some new music to check out. I seriously believe listening to the same old stuff is the actual definition for being old.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThriveOrDie and littlepillbox
JadedGray

JadedGray

Life Eternal
Jul 24, 2018
I am so old and basically love acid rock, Madonna, and sometimes Drake. But Tool just blows me away. I can't name a song to save my life, but I vividly remember the one video where it was some sort of animation where this entity was doing abusive things and basically rearranging this helpless entities insides. It was disturbing, but I absolutely loved it. I'm sure you know the one I mean, this childlike creature was on like an assembly line, and the evil dude just totally messed him up. I felt like society does that to all of us, and our individual families do as well, albeit with seemingly good intentions. Plus the music and the singer's voice were so different from anything I'd ever heard before. My bf is asleep right now, but I'm going to be checking out that Enema video. Thank you for reminding me about them - I've always wanted to learn more of their music, but life has a way of making you forget.

So since I'm so back in the day, I have to say the Fleetwood Mac song, "Landslide," always gets me. Stevie Nicks' voice wasn't destroyed at that point and still had that vulnerable, haunting quality to it. Plus she was struggling with getting too old to really be "discovered" in musical terms (27,) and she was doubting how much she loved her partner and the quality of their connection. I just always feel like you can hear the uncertainty in her voice, and that fear of getting too old to make her dream happen, and then having to settle for being an English teacher. It's interesting that when she and Lindsey Buckingham auditioned for Fleetwood Mac, they really didn't even want her. The male egos in the band never got over her popularity. I'm not crazy about every song she's ever written, but I kind of feel like the line about the landslide bringing her down was an unconscious desire to ctb.

Also, thanks everyone young here for giving me some new music to check out. I seriously believe listening to the same old stuff is the actual definition for being old.

I think this is the video you're thinking of:

Do unto others what has been done to you.

This one is great too:

Why can't we sleep forever?

Reactions: wiIIow
silentsinger

silentsinger

Experienced
Mar 1, 2019

Reactions: Serial Experi Pain and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Tortured_empath

Tortured_empath

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2019

A serenade for a love...

Last edited:
V

Vidar33

May 14, 2019
Haha finally some more classical. I'm glad there's still people who listen to it. I love Mahler and Chopin's nocturnes. Satie is always very soothing. Though I prefer composers like Beethoven, Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev or Bach. But Mahler and Chopin are still high on my personal list of preference :)

Rachmaninoff, Prokofiev, Tchaikovsky, Stravinsky & Chopin.

Reactions: chlorine
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
I think this is the video you're thinking of:

Do unto others what has been done to you.

This one is great too:

Why can't we sleep forever?

Yes! I watched it again - it is really nightmarish! I think I did see something about the lead singer saying he had been abused as a child? I like the other video too - thanks for posting them!

sunny.sativa

sunny.sativa

organic
Apr 2, 2019
Season 2 Episode 3
By
Glass Animals

I really just genuinely want you to search this and become as in love with it as I have because.. wow. My soul song. I'm in LOVE with this band, not to mention.

Reactions: everrgreenn
Bärchen

Bärchen

Distracting myself through Life
Apr 7, 2019

Reactions: Ambie and Help_Me
ZixivaldYrxes

ZixivaldYrxes

Archduke Demoness Villaintropic
Apr 3, 2019

Reactions: Serial Experi Pain
T

Trainstation

May 29, 2019

I find it a badass song by Celldweller which incorporates metal and trance. And the lyrics are kinda suïcide related:
oh man, i can't believe that you did what they said
you did and to this day i've still gotta say that in
my mind i question it i wish i knew what you had
meant before you went and left me wondering to
just an echo of your voice 'listen...'
now i wait to take my turn to bleed like a kid playing
with a razorblade and wonder if i have the
balls at all or am i gonna be afraid where are
you? what do you think? 'cause i'm not sure when
knocking at death's door if i will be welcome in
or be left alone outside

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018

I find it a badass song by Celldweller which incorporates metal and trance. And the lyrics are kinda suïcide related:
oh man, i can't believe that you did what they said
you did and to this day i've still gotta say that in
my mind i question it i wish i knew what you had
meant before you went and left me wondering to
just an echo of your voice 'listen...'
now i wait to take my turn to bleed like a kid playing
with a razorblade and wonder if i have the
balls at all or am i gonna be afraid where are
you? what do you think? 'cause i'm not sure when
knocking at death's door if i will be welcome in
or be left alone outside

I only like this Celldweller song.