C2theN

C2theN

Nobody Dast Blame Me
Nov 25, 2018
Does anyone have more than one method - like Plan A + Plan B + Plan C, in case one of them fails?

My scheme is to drink SN, snort as much #4 heroin as I can, and then maybe empty an insulin pen if I'm still conscious. I'd also mix in some booze and benzos. My biggest worry is puking that up even with antiemetics. I feel like the insulin would be unnecessary but added insurance, and not much of a risk because I'd be out before any diabetic seizures. I'd love to ctb with N, but that isn't possible.

Anyone else who planning to pile on like this?

Reactions: therhydler and Lifeisatrap
E

existenceissuffering

Sep 12, 2018
Just SN, but maybe I should combine methods.

Reactions: therhydler and Lifeisatrap
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Whenever I read of combining methods, I am always reminded of an old comedy routine: A man is determined to kill himself, so he gathers some supplies and heads for a tree on the bank of a river. There he throws a noose over a branch. He then douses himself in gasoline. Finally, he takes poison, lights himself on fire, steps off the river bank to hang himself, and as an added precaution shoots himself in the head.

Unfortunately, he misses, and the shot from his gun cuts the rope. He falls into the river, where the fire is extinguished and he swallows so much water he pukes out all the poison --and the water isn't even deep enough to drown.

Sometimes the complicated approach can be self-defeating.

When/if my time comes, I'll be using one carefully-researched method, and I will do it properly.

Reactions: Funeralprincess, About_to_Go, therhydler and 5 others
cu1len

cu1len

:]
Jan 3, 2019
I don't have a definite main method (I'm researching different lethal plants) but as a plan b and c I will jump off of a tall building or hang myself. I'd prefer the plant version because I'd like to be laying in a hammock in the woods when I go. It's very soothing in my mind to be back in nature.

Reactions: Funeralprincess, therhydler, Lifeisatrap and 1 other person
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
Yes, I have three that can be completed depending on the situation. Firearms, hanging, and CO. All have been researched.

Reactions: therhydler, Lifeisatrap and cu1len
C2theN

C2theN

Nobody Dast Blame Me
Nov 25, 2018
Good points
Whenever I read of combining methods, I am always reminded of an old comedy routine: A man is determined to kill himself, so he gathers some supplies and heads for a tree on the bank of a river. There he throws a noose over a branch. He then douses himself in gasoline. Finally, he takes poison, lights himself on fire, steps off the river bank to hang himself, and as an added precaution shoots himself in the head.

Unfortunately, he misses, and the shot from his gun cuts the rope. He falls into the river, where the fire is extinguished and he swallows so much water he pukes out all the poison --and the water isn't even deep enough to drown.

Sometimes the complicated approach can be self-defeating.

When/if my time comes, I'll be using one carefully-researched method, and I will do it properly.
Good point. I feel more comfortable having multiple options, though, even if I have to choose only one. At least it gives me alternatives. Already have the SN supplies, in any event.

Reactions: therhydler, TheCrow and Lifeisatrap
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Good points

Good point. I feel more comfortable having multiple options, though, even if I have to choose only one. At least it gives me alternatives. Already have the SN supplies, in any event.
Oh, I have many methods available to me at this point. Rope, eb/N2, gun, 1,4B, an old car without a catalytic converter, etc. A veritable smorsgasbord of death. But I don't intend to combine them. There's too much chance of one interfering with another.

There is also the problem that when the time comes to try --and I have now failed five times in the last three months (eb/N2: foiled by survival instinct)-- I am incredibly stressed. Getting all the details correct for even one method is challenging in the stress of the moment. Trying to keep track of more than one might be more than I am capable of, and would certainly increase my already-high chances of flubbing even the primary method.

Reactions: Stillnotsure, Retched, Didymus and 5 others
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Unless your 100% researched on how those methods will inyeract with each other then i wouldnt bother. Believe it or not some methods used together will actually negate the effects this leading to failure. Combining two or more methods doesnt always make the act more likely to suceed so bare that in mind

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, Stillnotsure and therhydler
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Oh, I have many methods available to me at this point. Rope, eb/N2, gun, 1,4B, an old car without a catalytic converter, etc. A veritable smorsgasbord of death. But I don't intend to combine them. There's too much chance of one interfering with another.

There is also the problem that when the time comes to try --and I have now failed five times in the last three months (eb/N2: foiled by survival instinct)-- I am incredibly stressed. Getting all the details correct for even one method is challenging in the stress of the moment. Trying to keep track of more than one might be more than I am capable of, and would certainly increase my already-high chances of flubbing even the primary method.
Some of us just collect the methods, don't we? ;)

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and TiredHorse
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Collect the whole set!

Hey, I even have a scythe (yes, one that I use) and a dark cloak. I can be my own Grim Reaper.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
Collect the whole set!

Hey, I even have a scythe (yes, one that I use) and a dark cloak. I can be my own Grim Reaper.
You would have that.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap