Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
1. Dune, the movie, starring Timothee Chalamet and Oscar Isaac. I haven't read the books or seen the previous adaptations. Hoping it lives up to the hype.

2. The Expanse's final season on Amazon Prime. Crossing my fingers the shortened season isn't ruined like GoT's last 2 seasons.

3. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR) remake. Just replayed I & II. Classic games. Took me back to better times. Remaking them is 100% a cynical exploitation of the fan base, but apparently I'm very exploitable.

4. Fantastic Beasts 3. I dug Johnny Depp as Grindelwald despite the weird eye makeup. Don't hate on me.

U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Silent Hill - The next installment of these games, whether remakes of the first 2 or a new game entirely. Many fans doubt Konami's interest in this IP but they forget that Konami is a company that likes to make money and they know the SH franchise is a horror goldmine. And with the success of Capcom's Resident Evil Remakes alongside the rumours and tweets of ex developers, I have 0 doubt that Konami are already working on remakes of the first 2. it's not a question of if, but a question of when.

The next Elder Scrolls Game (Hammerfell) - 10 years later and I still love Skyrim, despite the memes etc it's still one of my favorite RPG's and I love the elder scrolls universe in all their buggy Bethesda glory. So much to explore, hours upon hours of immersive escape and there are always several ways to replay the game over and over.

Skate 4 - After a very lengthy cold silence from EA, many fans thought they had abandoned this IP due to it not hitting the numbers of NBA & FIFA, but sometimes last year EA announced their working on Skate 4, arguably the greatest, most realistic skateboarding simulator of all time.

Red Dead Redemption 3 - I know it's probably a decade away, GTA5 keeps getting re-released and there's no news of GTA6 but RDR2 was such a masterpiece I don't care for the GTA series, I just want to saddle up and explore. They captured the historic feel of the wild west so perfectly from the characters to the world itself. It's such an amazing game and breathtaking level art at every corner of the map.

Playdead's (Limbo, Inside) Next Project - These Danish developers make some of the greatest indie games. Inside was such a masterpiece in immersive story telling with absolutely no dialogue or voice overs what so ever.
Like what was the last silent film you watched that had you going back again and again?? I know right, now imagine a game that executed this with flawless perfection. Whatever Playdead's next project will be I have super high hopes for it.

The next Tomb Raider games - I thought the last 3 were really good, I grew up on the classics as a child, thought the series took a swan dive from the 00's to the 2010's, but the last 3 games have been pretty stellar in my opinion. looking forward to the next installments.

(mostly games from me, i'll try and add a post on good upcoming movies later on)

Reactions: Celerity
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Silent Hill - The next installment of these games, whether remakes of the first 2 or a new game entirely. Many fans doubt Konami's interest in this IP but they forget that Konami is a company that likes to make money and they know the SH franchise is a horror goldmine. And with the success of Capcom's Resident Evil Remakes alongside the rumours and tweets of ex developers, I have 0 doubt that Konami are already working on remakes of the first 2. it's not a question of if, but a question of when.

The next Elder Scrolls Game (Hammerfell) - 10 years later and I still love Skyrim, despite the memes etc it's still one of my favorite RPG's and I love the elder scrolls universe in all their buggy Bethesda glory. So much to explore, hours upon hours of immersive escape and there are always several ways to replay the game over and over.

Skate 4 - After a very lengthy cold silence from EA, many fans thought they had abandoned this IP due to it not hitting the numbers of NBA & FIFA, but sometimes last year EA announced their working on Skate 4, arguably the greatest, most realistic skateboarding simulator of all time.

Red Dead Redemption 3 - I know it's probably a decade away, GTA5 keeps getting re-released and there's no news of GTA6 but RDR2 was such a masterpiece I don't care for the GTA series, I just want to saddle up and explore. They captured the historic feel of the wild west so perfectly from the characters to the world itself. It's such an amazing game and breathtaking level art at every corner of the map.

Playdead's (Limbo, Inside) Next Project - These Danish developers make some of the greatest indie games. Inside was such a masterpiece in immersive story telling with absolutely no dialogue or voice overs what so ever.
Like what was the last silent film you watched that had you going back again and again?? I know right, now imagine a game that executed this with flawless perfection. Whatever Playdead's next project will be I have super high hopes for it.

The next Tomb Raider games - I thought the last 3 were really good, I grew up on the classics as a child, thought the series took a swan dive from the 00's to the 2010's, but the last 3 games have been pretty stellar in my opinion. looking forward to the next installments.

(mostly games from me, i'll try and add a post on good upcoming movies later on)
Morrowind is still the OG for me even though it's so outdated now. I have been following the Skywind project even if I'll probably never own a computer good enough to run it.
I can't believe it's been so long since the last Elder Scrolls game. My cousin tried to get me into the online series, but I despise MMOs.

Reactions: user_name_here
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Morrowind is still the OG for me even though it's so outdated now. I have been following the Skywind project even if I'll probably never own a computer good enough to run it.
I can't believe it's been so long since the last Elder Scrolls game. My cousin tried to get me into the online series, but I despise MMOs.
i never got to play morrowind, watched tons of retrospectives on it and it does seem like a pinnacle game in the series. And yes it doesn't quite hold up graphically.
Skywind looks interesting but i'm more of a console gamer too.
I gave Elder Scrolls Online a go, but as with all MMO's, animation sucked, quests were repetitive and it just didn't have the Elder Scrolls charm you get with the Single Player games.

The OG for me personally was Oblivion. The NPC's where just so colourful in this game, not just graphically, they were just written... differently lol. The world is littered with tons of adult humour/jokes and all in all a much more vibrant world than other titles.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
i never got to play morrowind, watched tons of retrospectives on it and it does seem like a pinnacle game in the series. And yes it doesn't quite hold up graphically.
Skywind looks interesting but i'm more of a console gamer too.
I gave Elder Scrolls Online a go, but as with all MMO's, animation sucked, quests were repetitive and it just didn't have the Elder Scrolls charm you get with the Single Player games.

The OG for me personally was Oblivion. The NPC's where just so colourful in this game, not just graphically, they were just written... differently lol. The world is littered with tons of adult humour/jokes and all in all a much more vibrant world than other titles.
Oblivion was good too. I got a ton of hours out of that game as a kid. Thief/archer was just not a viable or fun build in Morrowind.

You're definitely right about the world being more vibrant in Oblivion. Morrowind is between Oblivion and Skyrim in this regard, though I think a lot of it is due to the technological limitations Morrowind faced. Skyrim's NPCs we're just kind of…bleh…like the very understated color scheme the designers went with for with the game.

Completely different genre of game - but I noticed the same trend with The Sims. They have become very generic and boring. The creativity just isn't there anymore. EA just sees it as a money-maker. They don't care about making a good game.

Reactions: user_name_here
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Better Call Saul.

As far as games goes... I'm looking forward to buying a PC. Mine got blasted in a thunderstorm more than 2 years ago. Sad times.
Once I do that, I tend to repley all the oldie classics - Baldurs's Gate 1 and 2, Fallout 1 through New Vegas, Deus Ex, Commandos, Caesar 3, the complete Monkey Island series, Sanitarium, Thief 1 and 2, Operation Flashpoint...
And to finally be able to play FPSs properly :O

Last edited:
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Better Call Saul.

As far as games goes... I'm looking forward to buying a PC. Mine got blasted in a thunderstorm more than 2 years ago. Sad times.
Once I do that, I tend to repley all the oldie classics - Baldurs's Gate 1 and 2, Fallout 1 through New Vegas, Deus Ex, Commandos, Caesar 3, the complete Monkey Island series, Sanitarium, Thief 1 and 2, Operation Flashpoint...
And to finally be able to play FPSs properly :O
I loved the Deus Ex: Invisible War game. Haven't gotten the chance to play the original. I tried to play Dey's Ex: Human Revolution a few years back, and it had so many bugs on my PC that it was unplayable.

Reactions: UseItOrLoseIt
ketchup sandwich

ketchup sandwich

Lost
Sep 15, 2020
Elden Ring

Reactions: patheticpartner
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
Oblivion was good too. I got a ton of hours out of that game as a kid. Thief/archer was just not a viable or fun build in Morrowind.
For sure, it was something else especially for 2006 on the hardware they released it on. in the hundreds of hours I played I only recall it crashing 2-3 times on my 360 which is pretty damn good. Loading screens were a little long, I won't lie, but at least it was stable.
You're definitely right about the world being more vibrant in Oblivion. Morrowind is between Oblivion and Skyrim in this regard, though I think a lot of it is due to the technological limitations Morrowind faced. Skyrim's NPCs we're just kind of…bleh…like the very understated color scheme the designers went with for with the game
Yeah I think your right, i remember reading that the trees in Morrowind were never meant to look as bare/barren and withered as they did, but due to performance limitations they had to strip the models down (remove leaves, reduce poly count) and really minimize the assets in order to hit a steady framerate. Something they would later make up for in Oblivion.
Completely different genre of game - but I noticed the same trend with The Sims. They have become very generic and boring. The creativity just isn't there anymore. EA just sees it as a money-maker. They don't care about making a good game.
This really makes me sad, i grew up on the Sims as a kid, they offered the best escape for you to create your own perfect life, and that genre didn't really have a direct competitor so its a shame to see EA turn it into another lootbox piece of trash. I know there's young gamers out there that will miss out on some of the joys that game can offer. I hear the mod community is still going very strong though so that's a plus.

Panna

Panna

Enlightened
Aug 31, 2020
Wes Anderson's French dispatch in October. I love his humor and the way he shoots his movies. Hopefully the theatre won't be full of talking yuppies.

Shin Megami Tensei, not a real big jrpg fan, but after accidentally stumbling upon apocalypse a few years back in Walmart and discovering that not only could you kill your team of friends and use their souls to remake creation, you could take on yhvh himself (aka god), I've been hyped for whatever crazy plot they'll come up with.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I loved the Deus Ex: Invisible War game. Haven't gotten the chance to play the original. I tried to play Dey's Ex: Human Revolution a few years back, and it had so many bugs on my PC that it was unplayable.
Both Deus ex hr and md are pretty much bug free at this point. Hr was way way better in terms of story, but both are worth a playthrough.

Def waiting on Dune and Matrix Resurrections

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Both Deus ex hr and md are pretty much bug free at this point. Hr was way way better in terms of story, but both are worth a playthrough.

Def waiting on Dune and Matrix Resurrections
Looks like Human Revolution is backwards compatible, so I'll check it out sometime on the console. My PC is completely shot at this point.
For sure, it was something else especially for 2006 on the hardware they released it on. in the hundreds of hours I played I only recall it crashing 2-3 times on my 360 which is pretty damn good. Loading screens were a little long, I won't lie, but at least it was stable.

Yeah I think your right, i remember reading that the trees in Morrowind were never meant to look as bare/barren and withered as they did, but due to performance limitations they had to strip the models down (remove leaves, reduce poly count) and really minimize the assets in order to hit a steady framerate. Something they would later make up for in Oblivion.

This really makes me sad, i grew up on the Sims as a kid, they offered the best escape for you to create your own perfect life, and that genre didn't really have a direct competitor so its a shame to see EA turn it into another lootbox piece of trash. I know there's young gamers out there that will miss out on some of the joys that game can offer. I hear the mod community is still going very strong though so that's a plus.
Yes, mods are still abundant AFAIK. Unfortunately, I'm a console player now because my PC's graphics cards are fried. I wish I could play Sims 3. The mod community really improved that game.

Last edited:
UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Looks like Human Revolution is backwards compatible, so I'll check it out sometime on the console. My PC is completely shot at this point.
Worked like a charm on PS4. If you liked Invisible War, you won't go wrong.