savoytruffle

savoytruffle

Student
Mar 31, 2022
i always knew many people are horrible but jesus h christ i guess i underestimated just how many there are. i had a 10 minute argument with somebody on reddit (not smart i know, but what he said bothered me very much) that essentially admitted if he could exterminate all suicidal and "problematic" people, he would. so many upvotes. it sucks to know a large part of my fellow humans would actively kick the chair im standing on, or mix my SN for me. i shouldn't even have been born in this terrible, terrible world, im feeling nauseous

• Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop, innominesatanas44, charlotte_ and 1 other person
Das Nichts

Das Nichts

Dead Man Walking
Apr 8, 2023
The internet is cesspool of insensitive idiots. Those assholes will shit themselves up to their backs if they're ever confronted
with a situation that involves their own death. More so if it's ctb.

it sucks to know a large part of my fellow humans would actively kick the chair im standing on, or mix my SN for me
They wouldn't.

Reactions: OceanBlue, ghost44, OverBeforeStart and 1 other person
LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Hello @savoytruffle,
We might be people whom they deride,
But we aren't people whom they can ruffle.
We have choice, we will decide.

What did he said?

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
That sounds awful. It baffles me too knowing that disgusting people like that exists in this already cruel world. But honestly, can't expect much from humans. The human nature is inherently selfish, and these kinds of people are just blantantly obvious examples. These fuckers just never understand how it feels to want to die.

Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
I mean it's reddit. Most of the males from reddit are ugly losers like me. At least I am not going to be an old loser, but they do. Congratulations!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's best to just avoid other people in my opinion. There's nothing to be gained by having discussions with people like that, the human species is undeniably a horrible species in general, it's way beyond comprehension the amount of suffering that humans have created all throughout history.

• Informative
Reactions: OceanBlue
Meatshell

Meatshell

Professional Complainer
May 16, 2023
Wait, let me get this straight. They want to kill suicidal people?

Umm... Thanks?

Sorry, I know this should make me angry, but the stupidity of that statement is kinda funny. What's even more funny, they don't see that THEY are "problematic," which means... they want themselves dead...? šŸ¤”

As for the underling issue of the argument, can't say I'm that surprised.

• Love
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
People are, indeed, terrible. It's disturbing to think that most "good people" simply lack the opportunity to do the most terrible things one can imagine.

One event that made me rethink things was a recent wave of school shooting in Brazil. One happened, and then several others followed.The media stopped reporting, afraid of a "copycat phenomenon", but no one talked about the fact that there are lots of people in their homes who want to enter a school and exterminate others, but simply lack an "incentive" to do so.

Now think about everything. If there wasn't any punishment for crimes, everything would be "solved" by killing, sexual abuses would happen all the time, among other things, just like a few thousand years ago.

Another event that made me rethink my worldviews was them the police went on a strike in a brazilian state, about 6 years ago. The place turned into chaos, as people robbed all places they could.

If you look into historical events, like the belgian's bloody regimen in congo, with leopold II, or the sino-japanese war, you will see the atrocities people are capable of.

It's disturbing that all of that is embedded in people all around us, just waiting for an opportunity to act...

• Informative
Reactions: savoytruffle, innominesatanas44 and OceanBlue
OceanBlue

OceanBlue

Feminist
Jun 13, 2021
it sucks to know a large part of my fellow humans would actively kick the chair im standing on, or mix my SN for me. i shouldn't even have been born in this terrible, terrible world, im feeling nauseous
They could at least let us do it.šŸ˜…

While there's often bravado on the internet, all humans are capable of "evil". We're part of Nature, which is not the kindest place. With our societal rules we're actually trying to suppress our natural tendencies. If people didn't fear consequences, they wouldn't act the same.

Nature has no compassion for the weak, the strongest always win. That's why it's so hard to progress human equality movements, the stronger already have power and don't see the point in sharing it with the 'weak'.

As a woman I am always aware that my safety depends entirely on the decisions of men, who are physically stronger, it is they who decide my safety in the society, not me. The same with humans and nohumans, we are in a stronger position and can decide how to treat them - with respect or not. Currently, we breed them in billions and slaughter for taste, so you know.. we can't even speak of morality until this is how we treat the weakest.

Last edited:
Reactions: savoytruffle and chocolatebar
Georg

Georg

Experienced
Feb 25, 2023
As a woman I am always aware that my safety depends entirely on the decisions of men, who are physically stronger, it is they who decide my safety in the society, not me.
Thats like saying:
"As a rich person I am always aware that my safety depends entirely on the decisions of poor people, who are more violent, it is they who decide my safety in the society"

chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Thats like saying:
"As a rich person I am always aware that my safety depends entirely on the decisions of poor people, who are more violent, it is they who decide my safety in the society"

I don't think so, because, in our societal structure, the richer someone is, the powerful they are. The rich can afford to live in safer places, make huge walls, buy electronic security devices, pay for security corporations, even pay for guards if needed. The rich also have power over the juridical system, and can use it for their own benefit. You can find this to be true even if you go back to ancient civilizations, like the roman empire.

On the other hand, the poor are vulnerable. They walk on the streets and get robbed, they try to work in corporations, and get abused (usually by richer and powerful people), they sleep every day in fear of their weak housing structures from being invaded, etc.

By the way, how does being a woman compares to being rich?

Reactions: savoytruffle, lovesickness and OceanBlue
Vizzy

Vizzy

DEAD
May 6, 2023
As a woman I am always aware that my safety depends entirely on the decisions of men, who are physically stronger, it is they who decide my safety in the society, not me.
Men suffer in this situation too not only woman, men face most of the violent crimes than woman and men put their life on the line to protect the woman