E

EmotionallyUnstable

Jul 4, 2019
I think the most peaceful way to die would be by carbon monoxide poisoning. You don't notice the gas, it makes you dizzy and then you die. Is there any "softer" way than this even possible?

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
It seems peaceful but it's harder to achieve than the accidentals deaths seem to suggest. And it's not peaceful for people who are co2 retentive due to pulmonary disorders.

E

EmotionallyUnstable

Jul 4, 2019
If I remember correctly from an instruction I read online, you need a small, airtight room and a charcoal grill. I didn't know people might have problems with CO2 though. Also there should be careful preparation since you could accidentally hurt others.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
Apparently getting the concentration of co high enough isn't easy; the coals burn out too fast, it gets uncomfortably hot, affordable co meters max out way below the target levels, etc.

I'm just going by posts I've read here by people who tried it. I know that in Asia it's not an uncommon way to exit, so it is plainly doable, but it takes proper preparation.

None of which has any bearing on whether or not it's peaceful.

C

Codieb1

Student
Jun 18, 2019
Mental preparation and survival instinct is a huge factor you don't seem to be taking account of. Physical pain isn't the only thing involved when it comes to peaceful death. N is probably truly the most peaceful way though. It's really just like a sleeping pill. You get drowsy, fall asleep, and then never wake up. Personally I could never do CO poisoning. Can you just imagine sitting there, trying to maintain the intention to CTB, through the SI, all while having the power to stop it at any time?

Kirkscoobz

Kirkscoobz

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
Wait till winter, down some pills and booze, just enough to knock you clean out and succom to the cold.

E

EmotionallyUnstable

Jul 4, 2019
Apparently you need 12,800 ppm (1.28%), (12.8‰) concentration (Wikipedia) in order to have "Unconsciousness after 2–3 breaths. Death in less than three minutes.", which seems hard to achieve I guess?

R

Rachel

Student
Aug 30, 2018
Low suspension hanging while very intoxicated