• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanctioned Suicide

Sanctioned Suicide

-
Mar 17, 2018
Today, we are making substantial changes to the way our forums are moderated and staffed. Please note the creation of three new positions within the staff team: Global Moderator, Section Moderator, and Chat Moderator. In short, Global Moderator will be just like the old Moderator position, but with added responsibilities and duties; read carefully below to get a good feel for how these new positions will work.

The descriptions of the positions are as follows:
  • As a Global Moderator, your duties involve reading applications and approving users, resolving tickets when they arise, removing unrelated or inappropriate content and warning users where necessary, answering questions that community members may have, enforcing the forum rules and keeping the platform safe. Global Moderators also can move discussions from one section to another to keep topics organized. They also have the authority to decide what information is approved or removed.
  • As a Section Moderator, one of the primary roles will be community building: being active within the section, creating discussions, and making sure that the section is being run smoothly, are all tasks that section moderators are expected to be engaged in. Section moderators also have the abilities to remove unrelated or inappropriate content from their section and will also have the abilities to warn those that break rules in their section. The primary focus of a Section Moderator is the forum that they are assigned to as they will not be able to moderate outside of their assigned forum.
  • As a Chat Moderator, you will watch over the chat room and have the power to kick and sanction users from the Chat if they break the rules or misbehave. The tools a Chat Moderator has access to are kicks and bans. Chat moderators should make visitors feel welcome, and not uncomfortable in any way. Open, welcoming, and friendly are the three words that should describe a chat moderator.

As for filling these positions, we are currently not looking for Global Moderators at this time. We are in the process of reaching out to a few people for the position of chat moderator, as we are looking for a maximum of 2.

We are looking for at least 1 new Section Moderator for the following sections:
  • Suicide Discussion
  • OffTopic
  • Recovery
  • Politics
As such, we will be opening applications to fill these positions. In your application, please include the following:
  • How long have you been a member?
  • Why do you want to become a Moderator?
  • Do you have any experience in moderating forums or chat?
  • How is your activity on the forum?
Send your applications to @Marquis for review.

Thank you and good luck to you all!

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I wonder who will apply. I know I would not be able to stand moderating some subsections of this forum. I haven't gone to Suicide Discussion for weeks, I feel averse to it.
We get it. You're in recovery now, and you're now superior to the rest of us lowly suicidal people who are still struggling and still have the audacity to post in the suicide discussion section... on a suicide forum.

Anyway, I think these changes sound fantastic. I'm very curious to see who fills the new positions. Thank you Marquis for all that you do for this forum :heart:

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
@muffin222, just a thought - why not be happy for those in recovery instead of acting like a raging wet blanket.
That wasn't my intention. I'm always happy when someone makes the leap into recovery.

In fact, I myself am attempting recovery through therapy, though I still suffer with suicidal thoughts. I just find it odd to openly express disdain at the suicide discussion section when the entire premise of this forum is to discuss suicide.

But, I digress.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
That wasn't my intention. I'm always happy when someone makes the leap into recovery.

In fact, I myself am attempting recovery through therapy, though I still suffer with suicidal thoughts. I just find it odd to openly express disdain at the suicide discussion section when the entire premise of this forum is to discuss suicide.

But, I digress.
Expressing a preference is not "disdain", but interesting that you went there. Not interested in being guilted by online strangers, so I am putting you on ignore. I am sure if I have written I wanted to ctb, you would have wished me "safe travels".

I am fed up with suicide thoughts and discussions and I am avoiding that section. Funny how that offends you and that you read into my post that I am "above you" because I am in recovery. Unbelievable. I hope you will never have to go through the things I went through last year and I hope you will remove envy and spite from your heart, those traits make people look very ugly. Best of luck.

Reactions: DoNotLet2
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
For how long can people apply?
Because I don't want to be a mod rn but maybe later, if there aren't enough people applying.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
Expressing a preference is not "disdain", but interesting that you went there. Not interested in being guilted by online strangers, so I am putting you on ignore. I am sure if I have written I wanted to ctb, you would have wished me "safe travels".

I am fed up with suicide thoughts and discussions and I am avoiding that section. Funny how that offends you and that you read into my post that I am "above you" because I am in recovery. Unbelievable. I hope you will never have to go through the things I went through last year and I hope you will remove envy and spite from your heart, those traits make people look very ugly. Best of luck.

It doesn't offend me. It confuses me more than anything because this is a suicide forum at its core, so your continuing to stay on the site when you're fed up with suicidal thoughts and discussions doesn't make a ton of logical sense.

There are obviously other sections as well, and you're of course free to utilize the site in whatever way you deem fit, but when you publicly express your preferences in ways that may read as disdainful, you open yourself up to counter opinions that you may disagree with.

Also, the notion that I'm envious of you when I myself have stated clearly that I'm also attempting to recover is bizarre.
Either way, I do hope you find what you're looking for on here because, frankly, I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for on this site at this point. Take care.

Last edited:
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
@muffin222 this is a pro CHOICE forum that people found because they are suicidal so of course that's going to be the part that is more prominently used. However there is a recovery section and there is no reason that someone can't put the suicide discussion on ignore and only pay attention to recovery.

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
@muffin222 this is a pro CHOICE forum that people found because they are suicidal so of course that's going to be the part that is more prominently used. However there is a recovery section and there is no reason that someone can't put the suicide discussion on ignore and only pay attention to recovery.
I'm aware. That's what I implied in my post above, if you read it. I specifically said that I'm aware that there are other sections. So, I don't know why you're speaking as if I'm not aware of the fact that there's a recovery section- I post in there frequently myself.

Anyway, I think I've made my point and don't want to derail the thread any more than this, so I'll peace out from here.
Thanks for your well-intentioned, albeit glaringly obvious, point.

Last edited:
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
It doesn't offend me. It confuses me more than anything because this is a suicide forum at its core, so your continuing to stay on the site when you're fed up with suicidal thoughts and discussions doesn't make a ton of logical sense.

There are obviously other sections as well, and you're of course free to utilize the site in whatever way you deem fit, but when you publicly express your preferences in ways that may read as disdainful, you open yourself up to counter opinions that you may disagree with.
"May read as disdainful". Please. I am not walking on eggshells in order not to trigger someone who is determined to be offended by anything I post, while using some Orwellian-type reasoning. If I break the rules, report me. If you don't like to see me here, put me on ignore. Problem solved.

Also, the notion that I'm envious of you when I myself have stated clearly that I'm also attempting to recover is bizarre.
Either way, I do hope you find what you're looking for on here because, frankly, I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for on this site at this point. Take care.
What are you looking for on this site when you are in recovery? What I am looking for is none of your business.

Last edited:
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
"May read as disdainful". Please. I am not walking on eggshells in order not to trigger someone who is determined to be offended by anything I post, while using some Orwellian-type reasoning. If I break the rules, report me. If you don't like to see me here, put me on ignore. Problem solved.

What are you looking for on this site when you are in recovery? What I am looking for is none of your business.
I thought you put me on ignore already :))

As for your last question, recovery, unfortunately, isn't linear, so I can be attempting to recover but still experience suicidal thoughts regardless. The suicidal part of me can't be reasoned with using logic and may be triggered out regardless of whether the self-preserving part of me sincerely wants to recover.

That's just how it seems to be for some people, especially when the suicidal thoughts have been a chronic and long-lasting issue.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I thought you put me on ignore already :))

As for your last question, recovery, unfortunately, isn't linear, so I can be attempting to recover but still experience suicidal thoughts regardless. The suicidal part of me can't be reasoned with using logic and may be triggered out regardless of whether the self-preserving part of me sincerely wants to recover.

That's just how it seems to be for some people, especially when the suicidal thoughts have been a chronic and long-lasting issue.
You are on ignore, but I view ignored messages sometimes just to be sure I haven't missed something I wanted to respond to. :tongue:

Same is with me, I have struggled with suicidal ideation for many years, and if I do it in the future, I will make sure to instrumentalize it to send a message to some people. I have given myself another year to seriously turn my life around. Meaning, going to therapy once a week, changing my job, hopefully settling down and maybe even having a kid. I think I can succeed if I put my mind to it.

Anyway, we are derailing this thread, and I am not sure whether these posts should be here.

Reactions: muffin222
Status
Not open for further replies.