• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Here is one of my significant fuels of misanthropy for the human race in general (broadly speaking, not at the individual level). It comes from a common incongruity in humans that I've witnessed over the course of my life. The inconsistency and irony is as follows: Humans are ok with figuratively (sometimes literally - given the right circumstances) killing off another person in a society (whether to the said individual or as a societal unit (as a whole)). To be more specific, I am talking about people who have no problems with socially and otherwise killing off a dissident of their group, society, or to the person him/herself, yet have a big problem if said dissident decides to take matters into his/her own hands by CTB'ing.

In the modern day, this applies to social media, and interactions with other people face to face (the meatspace some may call it). People have no problems with blocking, ignoring, and otherwise cutting said person(s) out of their lives, meaning that it is effectively the same as "killing off" said person(s) (maybe not literally and physically, but equivalently to that of said person being "dead" or not existing.), so to the individual, that person is effectively dead (even if not literally) as he/she would never interact with that person again, permanently. But on the same token, if the said person was going to CTB (which also results in the person being dead, but literally and figuratively, thus permanently), the person would be stopped, intervened against, and forced to live; all while the saviors play hero and feign support (pretending to care and feigning compassion, etc). This is the incongruity that I am pointing out.

So to summarize things up and to make it easier to understand, my conclusion is that people are ok with effectively killing off another person in such a way that it is just about the same as the person being dead to them, to society, but when said person (dissident and what not) decides to do it him/herself via CTB, suddenly the same person that would have blocked, ignored, cut out person from life wants to intervene, to save them. It's hypocritical, ironic, and incongruous. This is why, as a logic based person, such incongruity, inconsistency, and hypocrisy bothers me and fuels my misanthropy towards the human race as a whole.

Last edited:
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Here is one of my significant fuels of misanthropy for the human race in general (broadly speaking, not at the individual level). It comes from a common incongruity in humans that I've witnessed over the course of my life. The inconsistency and irony is as follows: Humans are ok with figuratively (sometimes literally - given the right circumstances) killing off another person in a society (whether to the said individual or as a societal unit (as a whole)). To be more specific, I am talking about people who have no problems with socially and otherwise killing off a dissident of their group, society, or to the person him/herself, yet have a big problem if said dissident decides to take matters into his/her own hands by CTB'ing.

In the modern day, this applies to social media, and interactions with other people face to face (the meatspace some may call it). People have no problems with blocking, ignoring, and otherwise cutting said person(s) out of their lives, meaning that it is effectively the same as "killing off" said person(s) (maybe not literally and physically, but equivalently to that of said person being "dead" or not existing.), so to the individual, that person is effectively dead (even if not literally) as he/she would never interact with that person again, permanently. But on the same token, if the said person was going to CTB (which also results in the person being dead, but literally and figuratively, thus permanently), the person would be stopped, intervened against, and forced to live; all while the saviors play hero and feign support (pretending to care and feigning compassion, etc). This is the incongruity that I am pointing out.

So to summarize things up and to make it easier to understand, my conclusion is that people are ok with effectively killing off another person in such a way that it is just about the same as the person being dead to them, to society, but when said person (dissident and what not) decides to do it him/herself via CTB, suddenly the same person that would have blocked, ignored, cut out person from life wants to intervene, to save them. It's hypocritical, ironic, and incongruous. This is why, as a logic based person, such incongruity, inconsistency, and hypocrisy bothers me and fuels my misanthropy towards the human race as a whole.
Insightful post.
Just another example of the hypocrisy and self-serving behavior of humans.

Zappfe lover

Zappfe lover

Experienced
Jun 24, 2020
The answer is simple: people are more worried about achieving the moral highground than helping others.

Ostracizing does not go against any arbitrary standard of morality, so they keep feeling good. Letting others die does (even though ostracization can lead to death).

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The answer is simple: people are more worried about achieving the moral highground than helping others.

Ostracizing does not go against any arbitrary standard of morality, so they keep feeling good. Letting others die does (even though ostracization can lead to death).
A good example that I've conjured just now is when someone who is ostracized, not liked by the society in which he/she lives in. Suppose said person, in this example, I'll refer to him/her as "A" and then society at large or another person as "B". So "B" sees "A" as someone who is despicable, not popular, doesn't like "A" and would rather socially assassinate "A", either by depriving "A" of the social safety nets, taking away "A"s livelihood, basic needs, barring "A" from utilizing certain resources and just generally killing off "A" sans literal murder (once you deprive someone of basic necessities, isolate them from society, dehumanize them and even go as far as to scorn and make A less than a human, cutting all contact from A, essentially, you have killed off A). So effectively speaking, A is basically dead to "B" (other people and society at large).

Yet on the flipside, should "B" or subsets of "B" (in society) finds out that "A" wishes to CTB just to avoid the same ultimate fate of death (which is dragged out and stalled out through time and weather), "B" will swoop in to save "A" while sticking it to "A", further gaslighting and shaming "A". So the contradiction and hypocrisy lies in the fact that society and others have no problem in killing off the people (through deprivation of services, needs, and/or benefits) they deem against them, yet when said people (dissidents and others who are against the status quo) decide on self-deliverance/CTB, society says no and actively goes to prevent that person from dying while virtual signaling, gaslighting, and sticking it to them.

Therefore, this is one of my strongest reasons for my misanthropy at humanity at large.

Last edited: