• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Cyanide

Cyanide

It's muffin time!!!
Apr 13, 2018
I am sick and tired of using sharpener blades and I have heard that razors are not much sharper that brand new sharpener blades. @FlowerWithDeadEyes also made a post about razors and scalpels and people said that scalpels are just slightly better than razors so I don't think that they're good enough alternatives. I read about different types of blades and found out that microtome blades are extremely sharp and can cut sections as thin as three microns. I also read on one of the knife forums that a guy touched a microtome blade and he had to spend four hours in an ER.

Do you think that a microtome blade would be sharp enough to make deep cuts and damage a vein or two? If anyone has actually tried a microtome blade, please share the experience if possible.

FlowerWithDeadEyes

FlowerWithDeadEyes

Jun 15, 2018
Thank you for tagging me. I will look those up and ask around to see if anyone has used those before. It's good to know that my scalpel won't work. If the microtome blade is a better choice. Then that's what I'll go with.

FlowerWithDeadEyes

FlowerWithDeadEyes

Jun 15, 2018
I am sick and tired of using sharpener blades and I have heard that razors are not much sharper that brand new sharpener blades. @FlowerWithDeadEyes also made a post about razors and scalpels and people said that scalpels are just slightly better than razors so I don't think that they're good enough alternatives. I read about different types of blades and found out that microtome blades are extremely sharp and can cut sections as thin as three microns. I also read on one of the knife forums that a guy touched a microtome blade and he had to spend four hours in an ER.

Do you think that a microtome blade would be sharp enough to make deep cuts and damage a vein or two? If anyone has actually tried a microtome blade, please share the experience if possible.
I've been looking them up. The cheapest is around $60 bucks. They do look very sharp. The hand held one doesn't look bad. I'll keep looking if not I might just try my scapel first to test the sharpness and go from there.